Chapter 1

mas·quer·ade

/ˌmaskəˈrād/

a false show or pretense.

"Sit or I'll kiss you"

Lights were dim as the whole place was filled with people mostly from the business industry. There was nothing that excites her well for now.

Right hand holding a glass of wine casually, her eyes were somewhat blank as if this whole thing wasn't something very important. Her red fitted dress hugged her curves.

"This thing is itchy." Soojin complained as she removes her mask, sipping on her wine. She was getting impatient. "You've been complaining about everything." Soojin rolled her eyes at her sister's comment.

Eventually the whole event has started, the place wasn't that dim anymore.

"Dad said that we are free to do what we want." Soojin's ears perked up hearing those words. She was just waiting for the time wherein she can finally leave this place. It's not that she didn't like being here well that might be it but she's just not into this kind of thing.

But before Soojin can even leave her seat, she was quickly stopped by her sister. "You can't leave the party."

"You said that we are free to do what we want right? I want to go home." Miyeon looked at Soojin with so much superiority. "You can't go home unless this party is over." There was a lace of authority telling Soojin to follow it or else she'll be in great trouble.

But trouble is her middle name.

"I'll just go get some fresh air, I won't go home I promise." Miyeon eventually let her go.

===

The parking lot was filled with so many classy cars. Her left hand holding her purse while her right hand was holding onto the annoying itchy mask that she had taken off earlier.

The moon was exceptionally bright tonight.

Nearing where her car was parked, she heard a muffled voice.

She didn't want to be such a nosy person but as she follows the voice, it wasn't a person talking or what but instead it was actually a person in pain. She quietly approached the girl who was in the process of taking her heels off.

Meanwhile the other was completely unaware of Soojin's presence. She was gently massaging her feet while leaning on a car that she doesn't even know who owns it.

"You're leaning on my car." She was honestly startled. Soojin looked at the girl from heat to toe like she's a scanner examining her subject. "The ground is pretty much cold." Soojin added but the other was completely clueless of what that even meant.

Soojin opened the compartment of her car.

"Sit." it sounded as a command to the latter.

"I'm sorry but I have to go." it was very feminine which suits Soojin's taste perfectly. "Sit." Soojin repeated her words not bothering to look at the girl she's with right now.

Soojin stood there waiting.

"I really have to go." The girl was about to leave when she felt a pair of hands holding on her waist tightly. "Sit or I'll kiss you." Soojin was staring deeply in her eyes and it was very compelling.