Chapter 44

reach

/rēCH/

to communicate with someone in a different place, especially by phone or email

"I'm embarrassed enough so shut up."

Soojin didn't sleep the whole night and just drank a whole bottle of whiskey like it's normal water for her.

Her head feels lightweight and she thinks that she's actually gonna fall asleep now. She heard footsteps coming near to where she is.

The glass door opened revealing Minnie who just woke up. Minnie was still half asleep joining Soojin in the veranda for some fresh air. "You should go to sleep now. I'll clear this up. Miyeon will scold you if she sees this empty bottle." Soojin let out a laugh, Minnie is technically talking to her with her eyes closed.

"It seems like your bed is still calling you." Soojin commented earning a thumbs up from Minnie. Both of them are just the same, both couldn't sleep for real. Minnie had a hard time falling asleep last night. She couldn't bear seeing Miyeon angry at her.

But they haven't made up tho, because before she can even talk to the latter. Miyeon slammed the door straight up to her face that she was actually scared for her face.

"But for real, go get some sleep. I'll clean this up." Minnie finally opened her eyes, standing up from her seat to stretch her body. Soojin didn't say any word anymore and just followed Minnie.

The Thai watched the younger wobble her way to the room to get some sleep.

"Such a heavy drinker." Minnie quickly picks up the empty bottle to dispose it, making sure that Miyeon won't know it. She needs to save her friend from an earful scolding.

As soon as the clock hits seven in the morning, Miyeon got up from her bed to wash her face. She heard some clattering outside the room.

Their suite has two individual rooms and apparently Minnie and Soojin are sharing a room while she has her own personal space. "I hope Soojin is the one who's awake." Miyeon mumbles under her breath while splashing some water onto her face.

Just when she was about to step out of the bathroom, a knock resonated through out her room. "Are you awake? I ordered some room service, I was hoping that we could eat together." Miyeon heaved out a sigh, her plan of avoiding Minnie just vanished.

"I am awake, I'll be there in a minute." After hearing a response from Miyeon, Minnie went back to the dining table. Patiently waiting for Miyeon.

"Soojin's still asleep?" Miyeon asks, starting a conversation. "Ah yeah, she's pretty knocked up." And a deafening silence settles between them again. Both avoiding any eye contact while eating breakfast.

"I'm sorry for last night." Minnie puts her utensils down as she looks at Miyeon. "I'm sorry if my actions confused you also." Minnie added, Miyeon finally raised her head up meeting the latter's gaze towards her.

Miyeon felt a little embarrassed, it sounded like she unexpectedly just confessed last night that she's kinda into Minnie.

"But my actions towards you these past few days is what I feel for you. Do you wanna go out with me?" Miyeon almost bit her tongue up when those words came out of Minnie.

===

The strong sunlight peeking through the curtains, woke Shuhua up. Events from last night came flashing back to her.

She's feeling blue and all she wants to for now is ignore Debby. She doesn't mind about the confession but the kiss last night was obviously out of line especially that she has Soojin.

The first thing she did right after waking up is checking her phone to see if Soojin arrived safely in South Korea, but to her dismay there was not even a single message from Soojin.

And her message from last night was still left unseen.

After sending another message to check up on Soojin, she puts her phone back on the bedside table to get ready for the shoot.

"Elkie move to right a little bit further." The girl followed what she was instructed to do. Shuhua was just watching since it's an individual shoot. They will take turns for this one. "Shuhua can you come here for a second?" Muxi called out, getting the younger's attention.

Shuhua stood next to her manager, as they both monitor Elkie's photoshoot. "I got a call from Ms. Xue just now that after wrapping up here, we need to go straight to the company. She have something to discuss with you and I think it's urgent also." Muxi explained the summary of her talk with the CEO just now.

Shuhua just hummed in response, her mind is preoccupied which Muxi noticed.

"Is there something wrong?" Muxi asks, "Soojin isn't answering my calls nor replying to my messages and I'm getting worried. I don't know if her plane landed safely." Shuhua honestly said.

"Don't worry maybe she fell asleep right after arriving, you know jetlag." Muxi jokingly said to lift Shuhua's spirit up.

Minnie sticks the note on the table before going out of the house with Miyeon waiting outside already.

There wasn't any roller coaster happenings after she asked Miyeon to go out with her. It was like they both came to terms with it. "So slow." Miyeon commented as if she wasn't angry with the Thai hours back before this.

"Don't be hasty, anyway I found this cute pet cafe on the internet. That's where we are going." Minnie reaches for the latter's hand, intertwining their fingers. It was so natural that both of them even thinks that destiny might be playing with them.

"Are you like this with your previous lovers?" Miyeon voiced out her thought, "Yes and no, in terms of action no but in terms of intention yes. I adjust the way I act around their personality." Minnie answered, as they entered the elevator.

Their conversation stopped right there, comfortable silence surrounding them.

Not when Minnie started laughing out of nowhere.

"Don't you find this funny? I mean the look you were giving me last night was like you are about to kill me with your own hands then now you're here beside me being calm and collected with a wide smile plast-" Miyeon tip toed just so she can reach Minnie's lips, connecting her own.

That totally shut up the latter.

"I'm embarrassed enough so shut up."

===
publishing an update dahil mababa nakuha ko sa exam sa physics🙂