Chapter 19

flame

/flām/

a hot glowing body of ignited gas that is generated by something on fire

"Coming back after causing a storm. I won't let you near her."

"You can go now." Soojin kindly smiled at her secretary, letting the others get off of work early today. "I'll email you the computed costing tonight." Minnie utters, her gaze piercing through Soojin.

"Thank you for your initiative, I'll be leaving in a few also." Soojin hardly smile towards Minnie upon seeing her friend and Shuhua holding hands.

Minnie can feel how Shuhua was slowly loosening her grip from her hand making her turn her head towards the younger.

"I'll be taking my leave now." Soojin walked away not looking back, she plans to go back to the office to get some of her things. She won't be at the company tomorrow so she decided to work on things at home.

The Thai smiled bitterly as she watch Shuhua let go of her hand, catching up with her friend.

Shuhua didn't hesitate and stopped Soojin from walking even further. Minnie simply left the two not forgetting to message Shuhua to just text back if she needed a ride back home.

The uneasiness that Soojin was feeling vanished into thin air, feeling Shuhua's delicate hand on her arm. Turning her head to question the younger, she was instead dragged by Shuhua and she's letting the younger do so.

"What are you doing? I don't have time for this kind of thing." Soojin stood firmly, removing Shuhua's hand off of her arm. A lot has been going on in her life and as much as possible she doesn't want Shuhua to be involved to her so called messy life as to what Somi describes it.

She's not sure of herself.

Soojin basically is just afraid to explore of what's yet to be discovered.

She's afraid to fall and no one is at the other end who'll catch her.

On the other hand, Shuhua seems to be afraid to get hurt yet still opening her heart to people. Three years ago Minnie was the sunshine of her life, and slowly they are trying to bring back the lost feelings.

But Soojin is dangerous, she's like a drug that even if you shouldn't take it there's this temptation that's pushing you to just grab it and see what happens next.

Soojin waited for an answer yet got none from Shuhua, she let out a sigh before walking past Shuhua. "I still have things to do." Soojin utters but this time before completely walking away, she looked back at Shuhua and for some reasons it just made her want to go back and take back what she just said.

Sometimes Shuhua can just be impulsive.

"Can we have dinner together?" It was as if Soojin was just waiting for Shuhua to give her a reason to completely stop running away.

And for the second time Soojin looked back at the younger. "A dinner with you isn't part of my schedule. You should go make some appointment first." Soojin was obviously messing around with Shuhua at this point.

A smirk was plastered on her face as she waits for the younger to respond. "Did you just decline to my invitation?" and they are back with their banters.

"Not exactly." Soojin walks back to Shuhua, after thinking of what Somi said to her this morning. For the first time, she's going to actually consider it.

Shuhua grinned seeing the older offering her hand.

===

"This place hasn't changed." A fair skinned girl scans the building, a stick of cigarette between her lips. "I should visit her first thing in the morning tomorrow then." she mumbles under her breath.

"Ma'am your family has already arrived and is waiting for your appearance." The woman threw her cigarette on the ground, stepping on it. "Make sure to make an appointment first for tomorrow. I know how Soojin hates it when unannounced people come to her building." she said before entering the car with a smile.

"Clingy." Soojin scoffs as she walk side by side with Shuhua who's been clinging on her arm.

"Were you a koala in your past life?" Soojin asks, she actually does not hate it. She just wants to annoy Shuhua. "How would I know you idiot." Never in her whole existence has she been called idiot.

"I'm not an idiot." Soojin argues, facing Shuhua. They were walking in the streets of the city after having dinner together. "Yes you are." Shuhua is the first person who called her an idiot.

"I am not." Soojin sternly retorted. "Well maybe not but you're still an idiot." Another word has been added to Soojin's 'hate list'.

"Hmph" Shuhua arch her eyebrow, witnessing a sulking Soojin for the first time. She couldn't help but giggle at how cute it actually is and how childish they really are.

Soojin continues to walk with Shuhua beside her but she's completely avoiding the younger. Her pride is taking over her now. Ever since she stepped into the business industry, she worked hard to not be called lowly, idiot, outside and so many other things since she's connected to Choi Jisung the greatest of all.

But here she is being casually told an idiot.

"Awe the Seo Soojin is sulking. What should I do?" and it seems like Shuhua is making fun of her now. It wasn't supposed to be like this.

Soojin pulled the younger closer to her, staring deeply into Shuhua's eyes. "I'm not an idiot and say that one more time you'll face my inner beast." Soojin whispered to Shuhua's ears not forgetting to retrieve the kiss Shuhua stole awhile ago.

Soojin smiled victoriously seeing Shuhua flustered and frozen. "Come on, I still have to take you home." Soojin utters.

Soojin went back to the company only to be welcomed by a surprising report from Leander the head of security.

"Did she say anything?" Soojin asks and somehow her protective side is coming out because of a sudden appearance of an unknown woman.

"None Ms. Seo but she did stay outside for a couple of minutes before finally leaving." Leander responded, letting Soojin see the cctv footage which was an hour ago. "Never let her step foot in this building no matter what happens." Soojin strictly instructed.

"Coming back after causing a storm. I won't let you near her." Soojin said to herself, leaving the control room.

===
Guess who will it be🤔