Chapter 11

first

/fərst/

coming before all others in time or order

"But I'll get your last dance."

Miyeon knocks on Soojin's door to check if the latter is back already. It's been a really bad habit of Soojin, just disappearing and the next you'll know she's right beside you. She doesn't understand Soojin's personality that much, in her opinion Soojin can be bipolar sometimes.

"Soo are you in there?" Miyeon checked her phone again to see if Soojin have read any of her messages but to her dismay the latter haven't. 'She's a grown up woman, I don't have to check on her every time.' The older thought as she attempts to leave, walking through the quiet hallway she stumbled upon Soojin who seems to be in a very bad mood.

Soojin didn't notice her sister almost passing by her not until she felt a pink on the tip of her ear, "Where have you been?" The tone of Miyeon's voice was stern. Her employees would've scurried away and would not dare talk to her when she's in a bad mood but her sister is built different. "Around." Such a short and simple response from Soojin was enough.

"Rest in your room, I'll be needing a hand later and you promised." Miyeon finally let go of the younger with a smile, for some reasons their relationship has gone to more of the better side now ever since that masquerade party. But as much as she's happy about there's something she hates about it also.

===

"So where'd you go? I'm pretty sure you went somewhere else." Minnie uttered as she looks at Shuhua with such a warm gaze. At that moment Shuhua didn't plan to have a long conversation, and of course Minnie wasn't expecting for the younger to answer it but still she hoped Shuhua would. "I went back in my room." Shuhua doesn't know how many times she lied now.

Minnie smiled sipping on her cup of tea. "Is that so? Do you want me to escort you back?" Minnie offered but the latter declined much to her liking. She knows Shuhua didn't went back to her room because awhile ago when she realized that Shuhua wasn't at the hut.

The first thing that she did was check Shuhua's room, thinking that the latter might've had some changes of mind. But no, Minnie was sure Shuhua wasn't inside her room.

Main Hall at Evening

Shuhua came in with her father escorting her, "Do the parties you always attend to this formal?" Mr. Yeh asks as he pulls a chair for her daughter to sit on. "Most of them but when it's an after party of course it isn't this formal." Shuhua answered, looking around as if she was trying to find someone among the crowd. Mr. Yeh noticed it and unconsciously started looking for Soojin, for some reasons when he feels like her daughter isn't in the best mood.

The person who comes in his mind that could improve her daughter's mood is Soojin.

Shuhua was about to stand up and walk to where she spotted Soojin but her vision was blocked by some other guest, lossing sight of the business tycoon. There's something inside her brain telling her to go and talk to Soojin, but she doesn't even know what to talk about in the first place.

On a second thought she did want to ask something though.

The main hall was slowly getting filled by guests making it really hard for Shuhua to catch a glimpse of Soojin at this point. "Dad I'm going to the restroom for a moment." Shuhua utters not waiting for her father's response as she stood up and leave their table.

Minnie rests her body weight against the wall, she looks at her wristwatch again checking the time. Ten minutes have passed by.

As soon as she heard the door opened, she straightened up her posture. "Minnie?" Shuhua was a little surprised seeing the thai waiting right outside. "Can we dance?" and as if the music was in favor of Minnie, the lights suddenly turned dim.

Soft music started to play through the speakers.

People also started to gather at the middle of the main hall, getting their own partners. "Can I have this dance with you instead?" Minnie have her eyebrows knitted hearing that familiar voice.

"I'm here first." Minnie uttered with such a serious tone. Soojin could only smile, "But as much as I know, Shuhua haven't agreed to dance with you." Soojin retorted.

Minnie looks at Shuhua softly before offering her hand to the latter. "Can we?" Soojin was just standing silently with her eyes looking at Minnie with boredom. As much as she and Minnie are good friends, she can't help but feel threatened right now.

Shuhua shifted her gaze from Soojin to Minnie, she's having an internal crisis right now and she doesn't know what to do more on who to choose right now.

The tension building up between the three of them was soon gonna reach the roof.

Minnie is waiting patiently for Shuhua to accept her hand.

"You can dance with Minnie first, after all she asked you first." Soojin utters with a firm voice as she was about to pass by Shuhua, she stopped right beside Shuhua. Pulling the younger by her waist.

"But I'll get your last dance." Soojin whispered before letting go fo the younger with a smile. Minnie witnessed all of it and she never knew what impact Soojin has on Shuhua until now.

Soojin decided to give up on being first now, there's no guarantee that the first one will be your last also.

Right at the moment, Shuhua can still feel the firm yet warm grip of Soojin's hand on her waist as if that feeling isn't planning on leaving her tonight.

Soojin watched the two dance, get eyes already digging a hole on Minnie at how intimate the two are.

"Your request." Miyeon showed up holding a glass of whiskey. "Thank you." Soojin sincerely said, she needed a drink but not too much. She wants to dance with Shuhua with her mind clear.

"It looks like Minnie is serious about courting Shuhua. It doesn't look right to me that you're just here at the sides watching them." One thing that Miyeon never forget about Soojin's personality is that, once her sister has taken a liking to something she'll do everything to get it.

"I can't be selfish." Soojin simply answered.