Chapter 14

dazed

/dāzd/

unable to think or react properly; bewildered

"Why do I always get stuck with drunk people?"

"Welcome back!" Soojin shakes her head in disbelief, trying to ignore and just pass by her friend. It was quite embarrassing to see her friend Soyeon holding such a large placard for her.

"I asked Minhee about your schedule for today and guess we'll just be attending a dinner later." Soyeon utters as she helps Soojin with her things. "It's sunday and it's supposed to be a rest day for us." Soyeon complained.

The people they'll be meeting tonight has always been a big part of her company so she couldn't decline the offer. Soyeon opened her car's compartment and put Soojin's luggage inside of it.

"Drop me at the main house today." Soojin said without any energy, Soyeon motions an okay sign.

===

"Shuhua look at this!" Minnie calls out as she showed a small peach keychain to Shuhua. "It's so cute." Minnie grins while watching Shuhua look at the other keychains.

A small cherry keychain caught Shuhua's attention, she quickly grabs one, smiling while looking at it. She also grabbed a flamingo keychain. "Minnie look, this two are also cute." Shuhua showed the keychains to the thai.

"We should buy these three." Minnie utters as she reach for Shuhua's hand, holding the latter's hand as they walk to the counter. It was warm, Minnie's hand were warm for Shuhua.

She used to hold hands with Minnie before and she's glad that they can do things without awkwardness at this point though she can't totally say that she have fully forgiven the older.

"You're spacing out." Minnie gently squeeze Shuhua's hand, returning the younger to reality. "You already paid for it?" Shuhua asks and Minnie excitedly nodded her head. "Yes so now let's go eat some snacks, there's a cafe down the road." Shuhua widely smiles pulling Minnie with her.

"Then let's go!"

Minnie is driving them back to the hotel right now even though both Shuhua and Minnie agreed to spend the day together, but something occurred.

Shuhua's father called fifteen minutes ago just right after they finished having a light snack so they wouldn't be full when lunch comes.

But it seems like the two of them aren't going to eat lunch together.

"I'm really sorry if we have to cut this short. I'll make it up to you." Shuhua sincerely said, she feels genuinely bad that their 'date' came to an end so early than expected. "No it's fine, it might be important." Minnie didn't take her eyes off from the road.

Minnie doesn't mind it all after all it was Mr. Yeh who called.

Miyeon stopped in her tracks, spotting Shuhua and Minnie entering the hotel while holding each other's hands. "Ms. Cho, I've brought the pastel colored samples that you've asked for yesterday." She snapped her head back to her supplier, and for a moment Soojin suddenly crossed her mind.