Chapter 23

loss

/lôs,läs/

the fact or process of losing something

"What did you say?"

Accepting defeat has always been so hard for Soojin but now she's actually trying to acknowledge that she lost to her own game.

"Why are you asking help from me?" Somi crossed her arms over her chest, questioning the older who just barged inside her shop. "Just teach me the basics to dating." Soojin whines like a kid, who's impatient to get what she wants.

"You've been sleeping around with different women yet you still need my advice. You're good at charming people." Somi continues doing her work.

"Sleeping with people is different to dating." Somi chuckles at Soojin's response. "I'm surprised you know the difference." Soojin was already regretting that she went to Somi for some advice.

"Anyway, the fact that you're asking for some advice shows that you finally know what you want to do and what you're willing to give. Just be brave. Dating takes two people to succeed." Somi explained.

"You know how to treat a girl right so I don't actually understand why you're asking me for some advice." Somi added, ever since she met Soojin at a business party. She could definitely say that Soojin is very experienced with women.

===

"Minhee do I have any important schedules for today?" Soojin asks, ready to leave the company again after visiting Somi's shop. "None Ms. Seo." Minhee replied.

"Then please free up my schedule for today, I have somewhere to be today." Soojin stood up only taking her wallet and phone with her. She already asked Minnie about Shuhua's whereabouts today and it seems like the younger is just going to spend the whole day at her unit.

"But don't hesitate to call me if something urgent comes up." Soojin said before leaving the room with Minhee following behind.

It's been awhile since she actually went to buy some groceries. "Let's cook a simple meal for lunch." Soojin pushes the cart, heading to the meat section to get some pork.

It's gonna be her first time cooking for someone else other than her family members, ever since her mother died she cooks for her father when they are all at home.

From time to time she tries to be at the main house more often since her father isn't that young anymore. Her stepmom is nice and very approachable. She didn't have any hard time getting along with the Cho family.

Although she brought some trouble with her when she was in high school and college.

"I wonder what she's doing right now." Soojin asks herself, thinking about Shuhua.

Meanwhile at Shuhua's unit...

"I don't have all purpose flour." Shuhua muttered to herself as she holds onto the measuring cup. She's trying to learn how to bake, it was out of whim. "I'll go check the convenience store." Shuhua removed her apron hurriedly, grabbing her wallet and key card on the way out.

So far it has been comfortable living alone but she still misses her family from time to time. Well she'll be back to Taiwan soon so she doesn't have to dwell much on it.

Arriving at the ground floor, she was greeted by the guard as always.

Walking through the aisle, she found what she needed. Getting a whole bag of all purpose flour for future uses also.

"Will this be all?" Shuhua nodded giving her card to the cashier. Looking outside while waiting for the things she bought to be bagged, a familiar car caught her attention.

But she couldn't pin point who's car it was. She was sure that she already had seen that same model a few times.

"Please come again." Shuhua smiled taking the bag with her, going up to her unit again.

And she stopped halfway through, seeing a woman with a corporate attire holding some plastic bags just like her.

"What are you doing here?!" Soojin tilted her head upon hearing Shuhua's high pitched voice. "How'd you know I'm staying here?" Soojin keeps on being bombarded with questions. "Why are you here?" Soojin heaved out a sigh as she walks closer to the younger.

"Is that how you greet your guest?" Shuhua composed herself, having trouble taking out her key card. "I'll take this." Soojin carries the bag Shuhua's holding.

Shuhua proceeded on opening her unit, opening the door wider to let the older in.

"Please come in, you can use the spare indoor slippers." Soojin nodded as she puts down the things she's carrying so she can wear the indoor slippers. "Would you mind answering my questions now?" Shuhua asks, guiding the older to her living room.

"Firstly I'm here to see you, secondly I got your address from Minnie and it doesn't really take a minute to charm the receptionist to know your unit number and lastly I really want to see you right now." Shuhua arch her eyebrow, it's very amusing.

This is a very different type of boldness.

"You just repeated what you said with the first and third one." Soojin just shrugs her shoulder.

"By the way, where's your kitchen? I'll cook some lunch for us." Shuhua doesn't understand why Soojin is suddenly doing this.

When they were in Jeju, she was like floating in the clouds at how Soojin treated her. When they were back in Seoul, the two of them are like acquaintances struggling to converse and hang out together.

"Why are you really here? I don't really believe that you're just here to see me." Soojin chuckles, walking closer to Shuhua. Grabbing the younger's arm placing it on her shoulder.

"Because I'm interested in you." Shuhua was frozen on her spot, unable to form a sentence.

"Wait interested? should it be like? I'm interest in you and I also like you tho." Soojin continues to just let her words come out of her mouth mindlessly.

"What did you say?" Shuhua asks trying to make sure she didn't just heard it wrong. "I said what I said unless you give me a kiss, I'll say it one more time passionately." Soojin teases.

But she quickly earned a kiss from the younger.

"Now tell me one more time." it was in a demanding way but Soojin likes it nonetheless.

"I like you Yeh Shuhua."