Chapter 40

run

/rən/

move at a speed faster than a walk, never having both or all the feet on the ground at the same time

"Seo Soojin!"

The flight didn't take that long, as soon as the plane landed. Miyeon tried to contact her sister again and finally she managed to reach Soojin.

'I'll bring this to the car.' Minnie mouthed not wanting to interrupt Miyeon's conversation with Soojin, after receiving a nod from the latter. She drags both of their luggages to the car she rented just an hour ago.

Minnie smiles feeling nostalgic, she's back to the place where she met the and discovered the love she will probably bring until she grow old. Shuhua will always have a special place in her heart after all.

["I just saw the hundred missed calls."] Soojin's cheeky tone made Miyeon heave a deep sigh. "Where exactly are you? Have you even seen nor heard of what's happening back home? Mom and dad are worried about you." Miyeon couldn't hide how worried she was over the past 24 hours.

["Why? Is the old man being  jerk again? because if he is then it's old news. Let's talk about this once I get back to Seoul."] Soojin was enjoying her time at an outdoor restaurant, eating dessert and having some tea after having an active workout with Shuhua earlier.

She already booked a flight back to Seoul by late evening, she wanted to at least have dinner with Shuhua before she go back.

"We just landed to Taiwan. You wouldn't even think of going back to Seoul right now, I'm telling you. Message me the address of where you are right now. We'll pick you up." Soojin didn't have the time to protest since her older sister just hanged up and didn't even wait for her to respond.

Now it made her wonder what her grandfather did to make Miyeon be protective of her.

She quickly sent the address to Miyeon before calling her secretary.

===

"You're lucky the morning shoot was delayed earlier. Next time please do inform me." Shuhua received an hour scolding from Muxi and instead of giving excuses. She just listened because if she were to be honest, she wants to rest for a whole day.

Her body is aching, she even thinks that her hips is broken. How can such active activity drain her?

"I promise this won't happen again." Shuhua's voice was hoarse as if she attended a concert, screaming her lungs out. Well she did scream her lungs out but because of other reasons.

"I ordered something to warm up your throat, how did your voice get so bad after spending one night with Soojin?" Shuhua immediately avoided her manager's gaze at her, gulping the lump that was forming in her throat.

"We kept watching horror movies last night. You know there's jump scare and all. You get scared of those things and scream." Shuhua reasoned out when in fact none of it happened.

"Are you actually trying to fool me? We both know that you're not a scaredy cat when it comes to horror movies." Muxi suspiciously eyes the younger, she have a hunch of what might've happened but she didn't want to further the discussion.

"Anyway just don't do it again. I mean please be on time next time."

Soojin immediately spotted Miyeon who just stepped out of the car. Well she was expecting to see Miyeon only today.

But here she is smiling to Minnie also.

"You didn't tell me that Minnie is with you." Soojin utters as she orders some drinks for the two. "Well that's a story for another time." Miyeon avoided the topic as much as she can, she still feel embarrassed of what happened between them this morning.

She felt like she failed to read Minnie's intentions.

"Anyway back to the real topic, are you aware that the old man just announced that you're not part of the board of directors from now on. He also prepared a large sum of money as a reward to the man who can make you realize that you're not a lesbian at all. He's practically selling off her own granddaughter." Miyeon explained and Soojin already knows almost all of it since Minhee already informed her about it.

Apparently her company has been receiving different calls from different parts of South Korea. Introducing themselves to be the man that can change her. Well flash news to them there's no way she'll change.

And everyone in the business industry is aware that she's not straight at all.

"I'm not even terrified of what he just announced. I can still be successful even if I'm not part of the family, even if I'm not part of the board. He can take away the power from me but it doesn't mean I would just stay still and watch everything fall." Minnie sat there, just watching the two converse about their current problem.

"By the way unnie, can I borrow your card?" Soojin asks, out of the blue. "No." Miyeon strongly uttered. "I thought you're going to shave her head bald." Minnie whispered but Soojin heard it perfectly clear, she wouldn't even describe it as a whisper.

She looks at the two cluelessly. She watch her older sister slowly standing up from her seat, smiling like a crazy woman, scaring the shit out of her.

"What are you going to do?" Soojin asks moving her chair backward. "You should probably run now Soo." Minnie hysterically laughs, almost falling off from her chair as she watch her friend scurrying away from her sister who's about to snatch her wig.

She watch the scene, feeling entertained.

"Seo Soojin!" Miyeon's high pitched voice will probably rock the whole neighborhood.