Chapter 24

taste

/tāst/

the sensation of flavor perceived in the mouth and throat on contact with a substance

"I'm gonna finish it."

Soojin went behind Shuhua, letting her own hands touch and hold the younger one's own. "Didn't know you were interested in baking." Soojin commented as she guides Shuhua's hands to how is the right way to use a knife.

"I just started it out of whim." Shuhua relaxes her body, she insisted to help Soojin cook their lunch but it seems like it turned out to be a cooking lesson. "Make sure to not cut your finger." Soojin reminded as she backs away from Shuhua so she can check if the oil is already hot and ready.

"Don't you really have to go back to the office?" Shuhua was quite worried, glancing at the older. Soojin was smiling at her, it was so good to be true. "I don't plan on going back to the office today. I just want to spend this day with you only. Don't worry about it too much, I'm a responsible worker." Soojin swiftly takes the freshly chopped mushrooms, carefully mixing it with the meat.

"You seem to be really familiar in the kitchen." Shuhua leaned her lower body onto the kitchen counter, watching the older cook. "I enjoyed cooking, I sometimes cook for the family when I'm not busy." Soojin replied, her tone was bright. There was no trace of the usual personality Soojin has when she's in the office.

Soojin was startled when she felt Shuhua's hands on her hair. "I'm gonna tie it up for you." Soojin nodded, letting Shuhua do what she wants.

"Thank you for the delicious meal." Soojin couldn't help but just smile, watching Shuhua go all excited. "I'm gonna wash this up, you can go and chill by the living room." Shuhua added, standing up but was stopped by Soojin making her fall right onto Soojin's lap.

Soojin buried her head in the crook of Shuhua's neck. Shuhua was clearly flustered by it, she can feel how the older's lips were barely touching her skin making her sensitive.

"Stay here with me for a moment." Soojin wrapped her arms around the younger eyes closed, lips already touching the skin of Shuhua's neck.

Shuhua leaves a little gap between them, she couldn't take it anymore. She's a very ticklish person. Soojin raise her head up, staring deeply into Shuhua's eyes.

"Soojin." Shuhua called out getting the older's attention completely. Soojin hummed in response as she waits for the latter's next words.

But instead of words, she received such a passionate action.

Suddenly it felt different for Soojin unlike before. She can definitely feel the throbbing of her heart as every second passes by as every move Shuhua makes.

The way they both wanted a kiss with mutual feelings.

Shuhua pulled away but Soojin wouldn't let it end to this only not after Shuhua started.

"I'm gonna finish it." Soojin uttered, taking the chance as she pulls Shuhua by her nape. Connecting their lips once again.

Slowly as it is, Shuhua began to change her position. Straddling Soojin, she have never gotten excited like this for awhile now. Soojin doesn't remember when was the last time she felt the excitement of kissing someone.

Shuhua couldn't describe what she feels right now, it's way different when it's Soojin.

Soojin moved her hand inside Shuhua's shirt, the latter backs away feeling sensitive of her skin being touched when she's feeling so hot all around her body.

Soojin quickly removes her hand, realizing that she's moving way too fast. Shuhua isn't just one of the girls she hooks up with. Shuhua is the girl who she has feelings for.

"I'm sorry." Soojin apologizes, keeping her hands down beside her. "No it's just that I'm very sensitive right now, like the excitement and heat are coming together giving me this tingling sensation. I'm not used to it." Shuhua explained not wanting Soojin to think of it like she refused the latter.

Soojin heaved a sigh of relief, "Still I'm sorry, do you wanna go get some ice cream?" Soojin suggested instead.

===

"Did Soojin mention where she's gonna be at?" Miyeon asks Minhee but to her dismay Minhee doesn't know also. "No Ms. Cho." Soojin's only instruction to her was to cancel all of her schedule today other than that, Soojin said nothing.

"Okay, thank you." Miyeon wanted to talk to Soojin about an important matter but it can be done next time so she decided to just head straight to Soyeon's office.

It's just the second day of her dating Soyeon but she's like a wild animal being so possessive.

"I should've bought some snacks with me but there's only three hours before dinner so I guess it's fine until then." Miyeon muttered to herself as she twisted the doorknob.

It was a sight she hope she really didn't witness at all. Does she have a right? Well she's currently the acting girlfriend but it's not like Soyeon have feelings for her after all she just pushed the idea to Soyeon.

"Sorry I should've knocked." Miyeon immediately stepped back discontinuing the idea of spending the afternoon with Soyeon.

The image of Soyeon getting it on with Yuqi was something she doesn't want to see.

Minhee was concerned when she saw Miyeon entering the elevator with brimming tears. She quickly made a call and fortunately Soojin picked it up. She should've informed Miyeon that Yuqi was going to be here.

On the other hand Soyeon's head was fuzzy, she couldn't think straight and her vision was quite blurry. The taste of strong alcohol was still in her mouth.

"I think I'll need to explain to her about this." Yuqi mumbles to herself, she's completely aware that Soyeon is not in het right mind right now. She helped the older to carefully lay down on the couch.

"Why are you even drinking?" Yuqi asks the girl who was close to slumber already. "I'm always being misunderstood." Yuqi complained, taking off her coat to keep the older warm.