Chapter 22

ri·val

/ˈrīvəl/

a person or thing competing with another for the same objective

"Flowers for you milady."

Minnie opens the car door for Shuhua as always, she already made up her mind the moment Shuhua let go of her hand. She'll help the younger get the happiness she deserves.

"Where are we going today?" Shuhua asks with a bright smile. She isn't completely giving up but she can't totally turn blind that Shuhua is clearly interested to Soojin. "Do you want to come with me right now? I'm going to stop by at Soojin's company today." Minnie answered, buckling up her seatbelt as Shuhua did the same thing also.

"Is that so? I'm fine with it." Minnie smile as she starts the engine.

===

Soojin was still grasping the situation, she's still processing what her sister told her yesterday. Was she that oblivious? or Miyeon was just good at hiding? She wasn't aware that it was like that.

That Miyeon is in love with Soyeon for a long time now.

And Min-chul wasn't really her boyfriend just a close friend who also needed help with his love life.

"I don't think I can grant that unnie." Soojin seriously said as she looks at her older sister. "Please trust me on this." Miyeon was trying to get Soojin agree to let Yuqi step inside this building again.

"What are you two talking about?" Soyeon entered the room holding some folders. Miyeon froze on her seat and Soojin couldn't help but stifle a laugh. "Can I know your opinion about Yuqi stepping inside the company?" Soyeon doesn't get it actually.

"It's your company, you should decide that. I'm quite okay today, I was just surprised about her appearance yesterday." Soyeon placed the folders down on Soojin's table. Miyeon wasn't saying a thing as she just watch the younger.

"Unnie aren't you going to say something?" Soojin teased, wanting to actually set the two up. She already know what the crazy thing Miyeon did yesterday and she's rooting for her sister. Miyeon stood up, walking closer to Soyeon.

Soojin was getting a VIP view of the scene right now.

"Give me two weeks." Miyeon practiced this at home for over ten times with Soojin giving her feedback and their father being a secret audience. "Date me for two weeks, I'll be your girlfriend for two weeks." Soyeon never viewed Miyeon rather imagined Miyeon as her lover.

For her Miyeon was an older sister not until yesterday. She totally felt her insides tingling in excitement for some reasons.

Soojin was hoping that she had popcorn at this time.

But before Soyeon can even give Miyeon her response, they were interrupted by Minhee's voice resonating through the intercom.

"Ma'am, Ms. Yontararak is here to see you." Soojin gave Minhee the permission to let Minnie inside her office mot expecting Shuhua to also walk in.

"Sorry for the intrusion." Minnie apologized noticing the atmosphere inside the room. "Can we continue our talk inside my office?" Soyeon utters, eyes directly looking at Miyeon. Soojin gave her sister a thumbs up before shooing them away.

Soojin looks over at Shuhua but the younger seems to be busy on her phone. Is she being ignored? Soojin doesn't quite understand.

"Why don't you talk to her?" Minnie asks while checking the blueprint. "Pardon." Soojin teared her attention away from Shuhua. "Just talk to her, I'll be leaving her under your care from now on so don't make her cry." Soojin was caught off guard, Minnie was just smiling towards her.

"This will be the finalized calculation, supplies will start coming by next week." Minnie added, rolling the blueprint neatly. "I hope we'll still be able to work steadily like this."

"What do you mean by what you said just now?" Soojin asks her friend, "I decided to stop courting her. Now go and get your girl or I'll kick your ass." She and Minnie have been friends for almost three years now and through those years.

She have known the older as someone who's kind and will always give way to others and she can't believe Minnie is actually giving way for her.

"But if you ever make her cry, I'm not going to have second thoughts on stealing her away from you."

===

Yuqi stood outside the building hoping that she could pass through. Leander was already informed by the change of plans so he eventually opened the glass door for Yuqi.

"Please come in." Yuqi didn't question the sudden politeness and just entered while holding a bouquet of flowers. She went straight inside the elevator, she knows Soyeon wouldn't change her office location that easily.

Reaching the top floor, she was welcomed by Soojin's secretary as if Minhee was actually waiting for her arrival. "Ms. Jeon is still in her office." Minhee inforned.

She have seen Yuqi so many times before here with the same bouquet of flowers. Yuqi tends to visit Soyeon by afternoon where shifts are almost ending.

Minhee still remembers that so she was actually waiting for Yuqi's arrival.

Yuqi muttered a low thanks towards Soojin's secretary, heading straight to Soyeon's office with a wide smile. Getting a little confident and ahead of herself.

Not expecting that someone is actually getting the chance to win Soyeon's heart.

"Don't you have work?" Soyeon asks Miyeon who was behind her, giving her shoulders some massage. "Actually I do have some pending work." Miyeon answered honestly, her hands comfortably just resting on Soyeon's shoulders now.

"But I could finish those tonight." Miyeon added, she decided to be honest with Soyeon starting from telling her that she isn't really in a relationship.

A knock interrupted their conversation as the door opened revealing Yuqi.

The same wave of uneasiness washed over Miyeon. Yuqi ignored the fact that Miyeon is comfortably close to Soyeon and just walked her way close to Soyeon's table.

"Flowers for you milady." Yuqi gave her most dashing smile towards Soyeon.

Soyeon can feel the intense staring of the two to each other like any minute they're going to pounce and fight with each other.