Chapter 45

glimpse

/ɡlim(p)s/

a momentary or partial view

"One Iced Caramel Macchiato."

Shuhua entered the office as soon as they arrived back to the company. The shoot ended well without any accidents or what.

"Finally you're here, please take a seat." Shuhua did as told as Ms. Xue hands her a folder. "A luxury brand in Paris called me yesterday and they want you to attend the fashion week representing them. I have the copy of their proposed contract for you, you may read and let me know what your thoughts about it." Ms. Xue explained.

Shuhua opened the folder to read the contents of what is inside. There was really nothing that she didn't like about the contract it's just that, she'll have to stay in Paris for like a week. But another statement caught her attention.

"The contract says that I should be single." Shuhua closed the folder, "About that, I already informed them that you're currently dating someone. They actually didn't mind even though they preferred that you aren't, anyway don't worry about that. You can enjoy your dating life after your ban." Shuhua nodded, heaving out a sigh of relief.

"Can I think about it first? Give me at least a day."

"That's good news." Elkie excitedly claps her hand, "It is but I need to tell Soojin first so we can talk it out." Elkie nodded understanding how Soojin's opinion matters also.

The two freely walks down the street heading to the nearest Starbucks. Elkie invited her to hangout and well she agreed so here they are chatting about random things that kinda helps her to get her mind off of Soojin for the moment.

"I'll order for us, you can go and find us a seat." Shuhua nodded after telling Elkie what she wants to drink. People in suits were mostly inside, there were some students also.

She found a table a little further by the back, she sat down and waits for Elkie patiently.

Taking her phone out, checking if Soojin has seen her messages yet. But to no avail, there wasn't a response yet. She heaved out a deep sigh, she's gonna be out of her mind if this day ends like this.

She's worried as hell, she tried reaching out to Miyeon and Minnie but both of their phones were unreachable. Though at Miyeon and Minnie's ends it was totally unintentional.

After paying Elkie immediately went to find her friend only to see Shuhua completely zoned out.

She snaps her fingers in front of the girl, getting Shuhua out of her trance. "Are you okay? If you think that deep, you won't be able to come back to the surface." Elkie sat down opposite to Shuhua.

"I'm just worried which is normal but I'm also anxious for some reason." The two comfortably talks with each other as they wait for their drinks. "What are you actually worried about?" Elkie asks but she quickly noticed the hesitation in Shuhua's eyes.

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to. I just want you to know that you can talk to me if you're having troubles." Shuhua smiles, as much as she considers Elkie as her friend. She's still following the rules of the company.

Even if the CEO herself approved of it, still she's prohibited from dating until the ban is lifted. She doesn't want the media to pester her everyday just because she's living her life.

===

"One Iced Caramel Macchiato." Soojin feels do drained, she swears that she won't drink like that again. Her body feels like giving up on her at this point. Taking out her wallet she takes out some cash, paying for her order.

"Name?" Soojin looks at the person in front of her, her brain is lagging. "Soojin as in S O O J I N." Soojin gave a small smile as she receives the receipt.

She wasn't gonna stay, so she sat at the table near the counter. She hasn't opened her phone since last night and she doesn't have any plan to do so anytime soon, maybe later when she's sober.

The moment she woke up around lunch, she was alone in the room. Minnie and Miyeon basically left her with just a note that says 'We're going on a date'.

On a second thought, Shuhua invaded her mind. Telling Shuhua about the situation wasn't what she decided to do, she doesn't want to drag Shuhua with this.

"Chocolate Mocha, Cafe Latte for Elkie and Shuhua." Soojin snapped hee head towards the staff, shrugging her thoughts as she goes back into staring at an empty space.

"Iced Caramel Macchiato for Soojin." Soojin stood up, totally not aware of her surroundings. She smiles at the staff, receiving her cup.

She couldn't believe what she's seeing right now.

How could the person she trusts lie to her?

"You're still here?" As those words came out of her mouth, Soojin turned around and saw Shuhua standing behind her with eyes looking straight at her. Soojin feels the cold sweats forming on her forehead as she fully face the girl.

"You're here." Instead of feeling delighted about the fact that Soojin is here, standing right in front of her. Shuhua feels like a thousand of daggers stabs her.

Being lied to is what Shuhua hates the most.

Minnie lying to her before left such a huge scar on her.

Soojin's eyes were filled with guilt and fear as she reaches for Shuhua's hand.

Lying may be considered as a form of deception. When someone deceives in a relationship, someone creates the opportunity for others to get hurt. You've probably heard the saying "a little white lie never hurt anyone." That statement itself could be considered a lie. It can also be a dangerous belief to have when it comes to love. Even small white lies can ruin a relationship.

"Shuhua let's talk somewhere else." Soojin calmly utters as she holds onto Shuhua's trembling hands.

Elkie frowned noticing that Shuhua is taking such a long time to come back, she tilted her head.

Getting a glimpse of person who visited Shuhua on the set. She gets up from her seat to check on them when she noticed how the atmosphere between the two is not right at all.

"I thought you were better than this Soojin." Elkie was confused at the moment she got closer, Shuhua suddenly went out of the store.