Chapter 46

end

/end/

come or bring to a final point; finish

"Don't treat your dreams like they're nothing."

Elkie looks at Soojin cluelessly, "Are you not gonna follow her?" Elkie wasn't actually sure of what she should do in this situation. A part of her wanted to run after Shuhua because after all Shuhua is her friend and they were supposed to hangout.

Soojin didn't say anything as she runs after Shuhua, Elkie was left inside the store as she lowers her mask, smiling awkwardly at the people who witnessed the scene.

Shuhua dropped on the ground after turning into an alley. She buried her head on her knees, as she quietly cries in this dark alley.

She can't believe that Soojin lied to her while she's here so worried about the latter.

When it comes to love and lies it's usually that people don't want to lose what they have. They may have done or said something that will make the other person mad or hurt. They might not want the other to experience that pain, or selfishly they may not want to experience it themselves. It seems easier at the time to just lie instead of accepting the natural consequence that they have coming to them.

These bigger lies are not told to protect the person that they are told to, but the person who is lying is doing it to protect themselves. Lying is selfish.

Love is built on trust, plain and simple. If you are in a love relationship, it is because you trust the other person. You cannot have a healthy relationship with someone if you do not trust them.

You may feel that the lies you are telling aren't that big of a deal, but your partner will not feel the same way when they find out about it. No matter how much you think you are going to be able to get away with, lies always end up surfacing.

"There you are." Soojin was panting as she crouches down, gently holding Shuhua in her arms. "How can you lie to me? Why would you even do so? You know how a single lie can break my trust." Shuhua raised her head up, her face was stained with tears.

It breaks Soojin's heart seeing Shuhua cry, she didn't consider what Shuhua might feel.

"I can't risk your career, especially when I know that it means a lot to you." Soojin started as she wipes the tears on Shuhua's eyes. Nobody can see them in these alley.

"What does that even mean?" Shuhua stood up feeling furious at how Soojin was being vague about her words. "My grandfather is going to spread articles about us anytime when he wanted to. I know that you have a dating ban." Soojin explained.

"I'm okay with my name going down but it's not right when it comes to you. I know how you worked hard to get to where you are right now and I don't want it to crash down just like that." Soojin added.

"I don't care if he releases photos of us kissing, articles about us, or even ruin my name. All I wanted is for you to be honest and be right beside me." Shuhua walks passed Soojin but the older held onto her wrist.

"Don't treat your dreams like they're nothing." Soojin strongly says but Shuhua yanked her hand. "Then kiss me right now." Shuhua challenged.

Soojin looks around and and she knows that there's people who works under her grandfather monitoring her right now.

"I can't." Shuhua looks at Soojin with disappointment. "I'm not treating my dreams like nothing, I'm fulfilling them not like you who decided to ignore her dream." Shuhua walks away leaving Soojin at the dark alley.

"We're not even in a serious relationship yet you can't be honest with me how more if we're in a relationship. I can't be with a person who's afraid of doing what's actually right." Shuhua utters one last time as she completely leaves.

"I love you." it came out in such a low voice as she watch Shuhua walk away from her, Soojin frustratedly punched the wall.

===

Miyeon and Minnie came back to their suite which was very quiet as if there wasn't anyone here.

"Is she still not awake?" Miyeon asks as Minnie goes to check their room. But to her surprise, their room was clean and there wasn't a trace of Soojin.

"I guess she went ou-" Minnie didn't get to finish her sentence when the front door opened revealing Soojin who's knuckles are bleeding. Miyeon had her eyes wide open as she immediately dash towards her sister.

"What happened to you?" Needless to say, Minnie quickly gets the first aid from the bathroom so they can treat Soojin's wounds.

"I made her cry unnie, I lied to her, and now there will never be an us." Soojin broke down in Miyeon's arms and Minnie perfectly heard what Soojin just said.

The only thing that Soojin feels right now is deep regret.

"In the first place it wasn't the best thing to do at all Soo, what Shuhua feels right now is understandable. Give her time and space and also for yourself. We need to go back to South Korea sooner or later." Soojin didn't reply, her head buried on Miyeon's shoulder.

Minnie opens the first aid box, trying to be gentle as possible as she cleans Soojin's wounds.

Elkie heaved a sigh of relief after getting a call from Shuhua that she's safe and alright.

Apparently Muxi is with Shuhua right now so she decided to just visit Shuhua the next day, wanting to make her friend cool down and all for today.