Chapter 42

pho·​ny

/ ˈfō-nē /

lacking in natural or spontaneous quality

"Finally you're here."

Shuhua immediately threw herself to Soojin who caught her. Hugging the younger tightly.

"Finally you're here." Shuhua lowered her mask to give Soojin a peck on her lips, forgetting about Miyeon and Minnie who's literally staring at them cursing the two.

"Took you long enough, I'm starving." Soojin chuckles as she takes the seat beside Shuhua. "Then let's order some food." Soojin excitedly says and instead of getting her own menu, she was just leaning her chin on Shuhua's shoulder like she's also going to eat whatever Shuhua picks.

"Can you two at least keep the sweetness down?" Miyeon complained, earning laughs from Soojin and Minnie. "Min why don't you tame that sister of mine? She's so hard to handle." Soojin ignored Miyeon and even gave Minnie advices confusing Shuhua.

"Are you two a thing?" Shuhua curiously asks, but instead of receiving a confirmation. Minnie strongly denied, "No, why would we? I mean there's nothing attractive from Miyeon." Minnie intended it to be a teasing but it seems like Miyeon took it personally.

"Such a jerk." Miyeon mumbles under her breath, just waiting for Shuhua and Soojin to finally decide what they are going to eat.

The moon shines above as a pair of eyes watched from a far, "Take care of them." A voice that almost resembles Soojin's. The tone of his voice was calm, but there's no intention of it being a good thing nor a bad thing.

"Will do Mr. Jeonsung."

===

The loud roaring sound of thunder fills the room, as silence settles in the air. It was about to rain, as the clouds turn grey.

"Make sure that this letter will reach my brother." Taking a sip from his glass, a smirk appeared on his face. "I'm going to protect my nieces from that old dirty man." Eyes as cold as winter, his face hardened.

They say history repeats itself.

And he doesn't want his precious nieces to become a victim of the history that's about to repeat again for the second time around.

| March 29, 1998 |

A hard punch met his face as he stumbles from the impact of it. "You're so shameless. How can you publicly make out in broad daylight with someone who isn't your fiancé?" Jeonsung winces in pain as his father grabs him by his collar.

"I never agreed to be part of that stupid engagement. You're the only one who wanted it. Do you even realize how mom has to suffer every day just because she's married to you? And now even my brother Jisung is going to suffer because of an arranged marriage. Are we even your sons? Family?"

Jeonsung has always been different ever since he was a kid. He's blunt, honest when it comes to his feelings. But he do cares about what other people feel when he speaks with all honesty.

But this time, all the pent up frustration, anger, hatred. Exploded like a ticking time bomb.

He didn't have the freedom that he wanted when it comes to love.

He's always being set up with different women he doesn't even want to associate with.

"You're so disgusting, I never wanted to have a son who's gay." Jeonsung felt a pang in his heart. "Well I never told you to make me did I? It was your choice only. It was only you. You always think of yourself only. I'll be leaving this family for the sake of your peace of mind. Because if I stay, you would just witness me bring home guys." Jeonsung yanked his father's arm.

(A/N: Nasa dugo talaga nila pagiging bading🍒)

"The moment you stepped out of this room, you will no longer be a part of this family."

Life has been better for him the moment he stepped out of that room.

No restrictions.

No father to dictate what he should do.

He's much happier supporting his mom and brother from afar.

"Tonight's your flight right?" Shuhua wasn't ready to let go of Soojin. The older just hummed in response. Once you lie to the person you love, that's the moment where distrust slowly appears.

"Muxi is waiting for you." Soojin planted a soft kiss on Shuhua's forehead, Muxi watching the two. She can say that Soojin is definitely in love with Shuhua but she still couldn't trust the latter fully.

A lot of people have come and go to Shuhua's life and she witnessed it all, even when Minnie was still around. She doesn't want Shuhua to cry herself to sleep again because of a broken heart.

"I'll be waiting for you to come back." Soojin utters, walking side by side with Shuhua to Muxi's car.

Miyeon and Minnie were quietly seated inside the car, waiting for Soojin.

"Are you still interested to Soyeon?" Minnie asks out of nowhere, glancing at the older beside her. "No." Miyeon honestly answered, she still thinks of Soyeon from time to time but it's just  because she cares about the younger.

"How about you?" Miyeon threw the question back at Minnie. "What do you mean?" Miyeon looked outside of the window, doesn't have any intention to look at Minnie.

"Are you still interested to Shuhua?" She doesn't know why it was so hard for her to voice out that question. Her palms started sweating. "Honestly, I still am interested to her. Just like I said to Soojin before, I'm not giving up on Shuhua. If Soojin makes Shuhua cry then tha-" Minnie wasn't able to finish her response when Miyeon suddenly stepped out of the car.

"I suddenly felt the need to go to the comfort room. I'll be back." Minnie watch the latter walk away, she feels like she said something that Miyeon shouldn't have heard from her.

Soojin opened the back seat, sitting at the back while her friend was lost in thoughts.

"Where's my sister?" Soojin asks, snapping Minnie out of her trance. "Went to the comfort room." Minnie simply said.

"Soojin." The younger gave her attention to her friend. "What is it?" Soojin was confused to why Minnie is suddenly sounding so serious with her.

"Please don't make Shuhua cry."