Chapter 36

jeal·ous·y

/ˈjeləsē/

a feeling of unhappiness caused by wanting what someone else has

"Right now Ms. Seo?"

"The graph shows that our sales aren't dropping but it isn't the numbers that we were pushing through for this year. I want to remind you all to why I'm pushing this partnership with Cole Corporation. We can be the first one in the whole South Korea to have this kind of technology, no one in our competitors have shown any interest to this technology just because it's made from an unknown company." Soojin stood in front as she discusses the company's plans for the remaining months of the year.

The meeting room is in dead silence as everyone listens to Soojin attentively.

"Ms. Seo, we already scheduled a test run of the machine. By next week we'll be welcoming Cole Corporation at our main warehouse for it." A black haired woman raised her hand, informing Soojin about the schedule next week.

"That's good, make sure to make a thorough inspection. I'll empty my schedule for that day if I have to." Soojin replied.

As the meeting progresses, Minhee took notice that Soojin's phone keeps on ringing for awhile now. Raising her hand, she politely walk towards the older to hand the phone.

"Ms. Somi is calling." Minhee gave the phone to Soojin, as Soojin lets the next presenter to set up their powerpoint. Excusing herself, Soojin went outside to answer the call.

The meeting continued without Soojin, "Why are you suddenly calling?" Soojin asks completely clueless to why Somi is calling her. Somi wouldn't call her unless it's something urgent but mostly Somi just randomly calls her because the girl discovered something.

["Why didn't you tell me?"] Somi's excited voice made Soojin move the phone away from her ear, preventing her eardrum from being destroyed. "Tell you what?" Soojin leans her back against the wall just outside the meeting room.

["Shuhua's face is literally on my TV screen right now. Why didn't you tell me that she's a freaking famous model? You really got a nice catch."] Somi's eyes were focused on the television, she was just randomly changing channels not until she saw Soojin's girl.

"Do I really have to tell you that she's a mo-" Soojin didn't get the chance to finish her question when she heard Somi's loud gasp. ["Her partner is so hot, might as well go to Taiwan and get a girlfriend also."] Somi was startled when Soojin dropped the phone call.

Soojin came back inside the meeting room, her face can't even be written. Her eyebrows were almost meeting each other.

"Minhee." Soojin's deep voice surprised Minhee as she immediately went to Soojin's aid. "What's my schedule for this week?" Soojin asks, eyes focused on the going on presentation.

"You have a dinner meeting later with Mr. Choi at Blue Maiden Restaurant, signing of contracts tomorrow and an interview for the annual magazine cover, this week you're also scheduled to attend an evening party, and lastly you'll have to attend the family photograph shoot." Minhee politely utters as she waits for Soojin's response.

"Reschedule the dinner meeting later with Mr. Choi along with the signing of contracts and interview." Soojin instructed as she walks out of the meeting room again motioning for Minhee to come with her back to her office.

"What reason should I tell Mr. Choi this time Ms. Seo?" Minhee asks, it's the second time that Soojin going to reschedule the meeting. This could lead into them losing the opportunity to get Mr. Choi sign and partner with them.

"Don't worry about him, just tell him that something came up. I'll explain further details to him myself. For now please do reschedule my other appointments." Soojin enters the office with Minhee following behind her.

She was feeling uneasy, she haven't felt this way before. Her palms sweats as she sat on her swivel chair.

"And Minhee can you please book me a flight to Taiwan." Soojin added, massaging her temples while thinking about Shuhua. She doesn't have any idea what kind of shoot Shuhua will be doing.

And it kind makes her overthink right now.

She trusts Shuhua but not the people around her girl.

"Right now Ms. Seo?" Minhee asks taken aback by Soojin's command. "Yes, please book me a flight. Today afternoon the better." Soojin replied, biting onto her fingernails.

===

The Yeh Mansion is filled with teasing as Shuhua tries to answer all of their questions. Apparently her father started it as her sisters followed and it's chaotic.

"Invite Soojin to visit us here, we'll show her all of your embarrassing photos. Like the one when you run around our garden naked when you were little." Shuhua blushed, she will never ever let Soojin see that.

"I won't invite her here if you're going to do that." Shuhua sulked, trying to fool her family when they all know at some point Soojin will have to visit them here personally. "Okay I won't show her, but are you really here just for work?" Mr. Yeh asks, a little disappointed.

"Yes dad but I'll be back again after the end of my vacation in Korea. Me and Soojin are still going to talk about it since you know our situation is a little hard for us." Mr. Yeh chuckles.

"It won't be hard." Mr. Yeh responded, taking a sip on his cup of tea. "Soojin will always find a way to get what she wants. Distance won't be a problem to her, media won't even have the power to stop her, but maybe there's one person that can stop her. Above all else I'm sure she'll do anything especially if she really wants it. That's the Soojin I know." Mr. Yeh added.

And Shuhua's worries about their relationship vanished.