Chapter 9

play·time

/ˈplāˌtīm/

time for play or recreation

"What are you doing?"

It's been days since she last saw Soojin and today she's flying to Jeju early in the morning to attend an exclusive party hosted by one of the designers she had worked with once.

"It's your fifth time sighing, did you know that happiness leaves your body when you sigh?" Shuhua tilted her shifting her attention to her father. "Sorry but I wasn't informed of that." Shuhua retorted earning a chuckle from her father.

"You sound like your mom, anyway Soojin will be there don't worry." Shuhua was flustered and started being so defensive. "I wasn't thinking of her. I totally am not." Shuhua crossed her arms over her chest looking away.

"Actually I'm not that sure but I do know that Miyeon will be present there since she's also part of the industry." Mr. Yeh uttered as he flipped the pages of the magazine he's checking out.

It's also been days since Minnie has been persistently visiting her unit even though she haven't given any answer rather permission that she's fine with this courting thing.

She doesn't even know what to feel about this actually, she tried asking advices from Tzuyu but she just couldn't get what her friend meant by it.

The only thing that she caught on was Tzuyu's 'Wounds heal over time.' and she herself is still asking herself if it really is healed now but it wad obvious that she's not yet there.

===

"Thank you for accepting my invitation, it's a pleasure to have you here Ms. Yeh. I've prepared the most luxurious suite for you and of course for your father. Your suites are just across each other." even if they had worked with each other for once she's very fond with everyone she works with.

"Thank you Rufino." She always tries to have a good relationship with everyone as much as possible, but of course there are events where she really can't avoid encountering such nasty people.

"I'll be checking the deck Shuhua, you can go and rest in your room since the party is still later this evening. The glam team will be here in an hour." Mr. Yeh informed his daughter before leaving her on her own, she doesn't get why her father loves yachts.

Guess it's an old man thing.

As soon as she entered her suite, she flops down onto the bed without a care in the world. She went shopping for nothing with Soojin the last, her father secretly picked a designer dress for her but she couldn't deny that it was quite entertaining to go out shopping with Soojin.

One thing that she learnt with herself this oast few days. She's been thinking about Soojin for some reasons.

She also had given up and decided to just bury the thought of asking Soojin personally of what happened at the sports bar.

The Taiwanese springed out of bed when she heard a knock. 'I swear if it's dad, I'm going to ignore him the whole night.' Shuhua thought, dragging her feet lazily towards the door.

Expecting her dad to be at the other side of the door but to her dismay it wasn't her dad rather it was Minnie.

"Why are you here?!" Minnie beamed a smile while holding a bouquet of pink roses. "I came here with a friend, I was here since yesterday actually and I happened to know that you'll be attending this party." Minnie noticed that Shuhua's hair was slightly tangled.

She quietly fixes it, making Shuhua flustered of the Thai's action.

"Can I ask for a stroll with you?" Minnie asks after she completely finished fixing Shuhua's hair. There was a silence for a moment, Shuhua decided to just go besides she will probably feel bored with just staying inside her suite.

"Wait a second." Minnie nodded and patiently waited by the door. Her phone chime in and saw a message from one of her friends.

After sometime, Shuhua came out of her room holding bringing a sling bag with her.

"The white beach here is breathtaking especially when it's sun comes down." Minnie was continuously talking even though Shuhua won't respond to her, there are times the younger did but it's usually just simple and short and she's not complaining about it even one bit.

"I'll go get us some refresher, you could go rest at that hut." Minnie pointed at the medium looking hut not far from the beach. She decided to just follow what the older said.

The air was refreshing as expected since it's still morning. The sun wasn't harsh yet with the heat.

She sat comfortably at the seat that the hut offered her and just as when she was seated comfortably, she heard faint footsteps getting closer.

"You're back so soon." Shuhua commented with her eyes closed.

"Really?" As soon as she heard the familiar raspy voice, she quickly opened her eyes and she was welcomed by a very sultry looking Soojin who's wearing a red off shoulder and denim shorts.

Soojin's hair was let loose today making her breathtaking than the ocean.

Soojin wasn't entering the hut instead she was roaming her eyes around Shuhua before grabbing the girl's hand dragging the younger out of the hut.

"What are you doing?" Shuhua questions, she wasn't showing any restraints though even though the tone of her voice was laced with annoyance. She was basically letting the older drag her to wherever they are headed to.

"Spending time with you." Soojin confidently says as if it was very normal to say that. A noticeable tint of red blush was present on Shuhua's cheeks.

"Huh?" Shuhua decided to play innocent and ignored it.

A small falls greeted Shuhua. "Wanna dip your feet?" Soojin asks but the latter was keeping a safe distance with the water.

"Don't tell me your afraid of this cute small waterfalls." Soojin added noticing how Shuhua was having a staring contest with the water. "I'm not." Shuhua argued but was still nervous to be around this body of water.

She felt a soft hand against her own. "Give me your bag." Soojin instructed but she don't want to let go of her sling bag. Soojin giggles, "Don't worry okay? I'm here besides I'm just gonna put your bag away from the water." And before Shuhua can realize the meaning of what Soojin just said.

Het sling bag was already snatched away from her by Soojin.

"Hey!" Soojin stifles a laugh before securely hanging it on a branch, running back to where Shuhua is. She grabs the younger's hand again slowly guiding Shuhua towards falls.

"I'm here, I'm not letting go of your hand." Soojin assured the younger, giving the girl a kind smile.