Chapter 7

rain

/rān/

moisture condensed from the atmosphere that falls visibly in separate drops

"Shuhua?"

"It's raining." Shuhua mumbles under her breath, she continues heading towards the elevator. She just wants to eat and rest today.

Fortunate of her that Minnie didn't follow behind, she wouldn't know what to do next if the latter still followed her.

Entering her condominium, the emptiness started to embrace her it wasn't the negative or sad factor of emptiness it was just practically empty. She wasn't used to it basically.

The condominium was just filled with whatever is necessary unlike back when she was at home.

"I should give dad a call." she said to herself, slouching on the couch before tearing the plastic of her ice cream.

S H U H U A -

The rains seems determined today, it's raining cats and dogs. I hope Tzuyu got back safely. I laid down on the couch while waiting for my father to pick up my call.

It's taking him quite long today, I wonder if he's busy.

'He didn't answer.' I look at my phone again before pressing the call button again. Guess I have to annoy him again for him to pick it up. He usually picks it up even when he's attending his meetings.

"I'm in a middle of a contract signing." I chuckled hearing the annoyance in his tone. I heard a faint voice of a woman through the other line. "What does my daughter want this time?" I smile, he really know me well.

"How about a dinner tonight? We haven't eaten together for awhile and it won't be that long till I go back to Taiwan." I suggested, I didn't even notice that my ice cream was slowly melting.

I quickly swirled my tongue around this cold thing and it's already giving freezing my brain. "Shuhua?" I almost dropped my precious ice cream.

That voice.

Even though it's kinda faint but I know I'm not gonna be mistaken.

'Soojin?' she uttered my name.

"IS THAT SOOJIN?" I have to make sure, oh gosh just thinking of how embarrassing am I in front of her yesterday.

"Geez you're so loud, I'm signing a year on contract with Ms. Seo right now." I can hear my dad clicking his tongue right now.

"WHAT KIND OF CONTRACT ARE YOU SIGNING DAD?!"

"I want her to personally handle the construction of our branch here." I can't believe this, Soojin is with my dad right now.

'What if she told my dad what happened yesterday that I don't even remember?'

'She's not that kind of person right?'

'She was kind to me, well for a short period of time.'

"We'll have dinner later then, I gotta drop the call now. I still have things to discuss with Ms. Seo, it's rude to keep her waiting."

===

"Sorry about that." Soojin gently shakes her head, she doesn't mind actually. She was amused hearing how Mr. Yeh act around his daughter, it's almost the same as to how her father treat her and Miyeon at certain events.

"So as I was saying, your father was the one who recommended you to me. The original plan was to let Shuhua stay here for a couple of months to monitor the construction but she also has her own affairs back home." Mr. Yeh sipped his tea casually.

He didn't want to held back his daughter from doing her work back home. Shuhua has always been passionate about modeling and he supports that.

"Don't worry Mr. Yeh, I promise that everything will go on smoothly. I'll keep a close eye on everything." Soojin offered him her kind smile. As soon as she woke up from her nap, she got a call from her father. Hearing a brief background of it she didn't hesitate to say yes to it.

"I'm glad to hear that." Mr. Yeh was genuinely thankful that Soojin agreed to take on this project.

The next day...

'Why am I stuck with her again?' Shuhua asks herself as she watch Soojin talk with one of her employee. "Let her in." Soojin utters through the intercom and the door immediately swung open.

Revealing the person Shuhua resents the most.

"And why are you also here? Aren't you busy with your own work?" Soojin asks her sister who's casually standing right beside her friend. "I dragged her here with me." Minnie answered in Miyeon's stead while beaming a smile towards Soojin.

"Stop smiling, your shining aura is annoying me." Soojin retorted as she dismiss her employee.

"Oh Shuhua you're here?" Miyeon took a seat beside the younger but her eyes were darted towards Soojin completely questioning her sister instead of Shuhua.

"Unfortunately." Shuhua mumbles and she can already feel the stare of someone she doesn't want to see right now. "Don't sound like a sad puppy now, I've been feeding you good food since you came in my office besides I don't really think what your father said was true actually. You aren't helping me with paperworks at all." Soojin explained but more of like she's complaining right now.

The sound of Minnie's giggle caught their attention. "That sounds a lot like Shuhua." Minnie uttered and she immediately got a deadly glare from Shuhua.

Soojin just remembered how Shuhua felt uncomfortable the other day when they stumbled upon Minnie and Miyeon but it seems like Shuhua wasn't that uncomfortable today.

It seems like her office was being filled with some deadly aura today from Shuhua.

"I heard that you got a new project to work on." Miyeon decided to change the topic when she noticed the awkward silence that surrounded them. "Yeah and that's exactly why Shuhua is here with me." Soojin said going back to her swivel chair.

"I just wanted to hear Minnie's opinion since the supplies will be coming from them." Soojin added.