Chapter 10

ditch

/diCH/

To leave, abandon, or purposefully lose someone

"It's cold!"

"You're back so soon." Minnie tilted her head and saw one of her friends back in Thailand, comfortably spread out on her bed. "Where's you girlfriend?" Minnie asked instead not really want to get interrogated right now.

"Out with Miyeon." Minnie nodded, lazily flopping down beside her friend. "Weren't you supposed to be going on a stroll with the one you're courting." Minnie heaved out a sigh as soon as she heard it.

"I guess I've been ditched this time Lisa." Minnie utters with a smile before letting out a chuckle. "Gosh you're such a poor creature." Lisa jokingly said but earned a glare from Minnie.

===

"Don't you dare let go of my hand!" Shuhua squeals as she holds onto Soojin's hand tightly as if her life depended on it. "I won't now let's take some of your baby steps." Soojin softly said.

But as soon as the water met with Shuhua's feet she immediately pulled the older with her, retracting.

"It's cold!" Shuhua whined and Soojin is now questioning whether she's with a child or an actual grown up woman. "It's not gonna kill you." Soojin retorted but earned a high pitched 'No' from Shuhua.

"Jack died because of it." Shuhua argues still not wanting to go back on stepping near the water. "That's a different kind of story, you've been watching too much tragedy movies." Soojin shakes her head.

"Just like I said, I'm not gonna let go of your hand okay? We're just gonna dip our feet. You're not gonna drown from doing that." Soojin was giving all the assurance she could give to Shuhua.

After sometime of Soojin continuously persuading Shuhua, she finally got the younger to slowly walk near the water again.

"Step after step." Soojin softly said as she holds onto Shuhua's hand. On the other hand Shuhua can feel the water current passing through her toe fingers. It was quite refreshing to her opinion.

"It's not so bad right?" Soojin asks and just earned a happy hum from Shuhua.

"I haven't asked you yet, what are you doing here?" Shuhua asks, they were now sitting on a large rock with their feet still dipped into the water. "Some business." Soojin simply answered because basically she was here for business and also to accompany Miyeon.

She actually just happened to spot Shuhua going inside the hut earlier and she would be lying if she said that she didn't see Minnie also.

She's been thinking of what Minnie said to Shuhya days before.

"Minnie is really courting you." Soojin mumbles thinking that Shuhua wasn't able to hear it when in reality the younger hears it crystal clear. "How'd you know?" Shuhua asks, now curious to how Soojin knew about it.

She never mentioned it to anyone except Tzuyu.

"The walls of my office isn't soundproof you know?" Soojin stated getting Shuhua off guard. "Ehhh?!" Soojin just chuckled as if it didn't bother her for her days and even up until now it's bothering her and she doesn't even know why.

She doesn't feel threatened does she?

"You're so cunning." Shuhua commented, letting her hand play with the water. "Say, are you going to accept her?" Shuhua tilted her head only to end up frozen in her place. Soojin's face was so close to her.

"Accept like what? As my suitor?" Shuhua was dumbfounded as she tries not to get so nervous around the older. The calm running of the water current was the only thing that Shuhua could hear.

"Are you going to accept her as your girlfriend?" Soojin boldly asks, she wasn't even having any second thoughts right now. She's just following what her body wants to do right now. "If I say yes? Why would you care? Why are you suddenly so invested?" Shuhua managed to calm her nerves.

Soojin have this small smile on her eyes, backing away from the younger. She let out a faint chuckle. "You know curiosity kills the cat. Sorry about that." Soojin felt kinda disappointed with Shuhua's response.

But it wasn't just her who feels disappointed at this point, even Shuhua feels so. She hoped that Soojin would answer her question honestly and boldly just like how the older acts.

"Let's go back, you should get some rest." Soojin stood up offering her hand to the younger, while smiling at Shuhua.

===

"Where have you been?" Shuhua snapped out of her thoughts and gave her attention to her father. "I just went for a stroll." Shuhua answered and now she's actually thinking of apologizing to Minnie.

It was rude to just leave the Thai.

"I told you Soojin and Miyeon would be here." Mr. Yeh said but he noticed that his daughter wasn't even listening to what he's saying. "Is there anything wrong? Are you having an upset stomach?" Shuhua continued to play with her food.

The smile that Soojin gave her earlier was kinda bothering her but wherever she looks, she can't find Soojin nor Miyeon.

A sigh escaped her mouth, complete staring at her food with no energy. "Want me to order you a different one?" Mr. Yeh tried to still talk to his daughter even though there is low chances that Shuhua will respond to him.

But he received a nod from the younger.

Shuhua passed by the garden of the hotel and saw Minnie having a cup of tea, she decided to approach the thai to apologize.

"Mind if I sit with you?" Shuhua asks and Minnie immediately raise her head up and saw the girl she's been waiting for since earlier. "Yeah go on." Minnie puts her cup down and was ready to ask for another cup of tea for Shuhua but the younger stopped.

"I'm just gonna apologize to you for leaving earlier without any notice. Something came up." It was such a lame excuse in Shuhua's opinion but she couldn't think of anything else than that. Minnie ended up believing it which was a relief, she didn't really want to explain it further more.

"They're together again." Soojin mumbles under her breath retreating back to her room.

===
Last update for today👁️👄👁️, I'll go drink some tea so I can write some tea 🍵about them in the next chapters.

STREAM 'TOMBOY' NEVERVER🤠