Chapter 35

ar·ri·val

/əˈrīvəl/

a person who has arrived somewhere

"A contract is a contract."

Shuhua was welcomed by the cameras flashing to her as the guards keeps away the media from getting any closer to her.

She's happy to be back although it's for work but still she's happy because she'll be able to visit her family later. "Welcome back Shu." A fair skinned woman suddenly hugged her.

"Nice to see you Debby. Did you bribe Muxi again?" Shuhua suspiciously looks at the woman who's escorting her to their car. "Why would I do that?" Debby opens the car door for Shuhua, following behind the girl.

"Welcome back Shuhua, are we going straight to the office right away?" Shuhua smiles seeing her manager again. "Yeah, this is something important to me." There was no lie that Shuhua looked like she was glowing.

"You have a really nice aura." Debby commented, noticing the glow of Shuhua. "I'm just happy." it was a vague answer yet Muxi is already having ideas of what Shuhua wanted to talk about.

===

"Highest paid model coming back." Shuhua playfully roles her eyes as she hugs Ms. Xue, one of the people who actually made her dreams come true. "So let's get into it shall we? You seem very serious the other day." Ms. Cue motioned for Muxi and Shuhua to take a seat.

"Well you two have been my support ever since I started this career and I think I should let the two of you know what's been going on with my life lately." Shuhua started, her palms started to sweat. She's actually nervous about it.

It's like when she first came out to her parents when she was in high school.

"I'm exclusively dating someone." Shuhua spilled, her lips pursed while waiting for their reaction. Muxi started giggling as her thoughts were right, she knows Shuhua and she's never been wrong when it comes to guessing Shuhua's love life.

"As your friend I'm very happy that you're actually opening your heart, letting yourself explore. But as your CEO, you know that you had signed a contract with us that bans you from dating." Ms. Xue softly said.

"A contract is a contract." Shuhua takes a deep breath, she already thought about it. She doesn't want to stop what she and Soojin are just starting. It's just their first step.

"I'll accept any punishment, I'll hide it for the meantime if I have to. The dating ban of my contract is almost done in a few months. I promise that nothing will be leaked out and the agency wouldn't be affec-" Shuhua stopped talking when Ms. Xue raised her palm.

"I'm not done yet, a contract is a contract but I'm not going to stop you nor I'm telling you to hide it. Just be sure that it wouldn't affect your work." Shuhua immediately stood up and went to hug Ms. Xue.

"Be happy okay? Life is too short, we should enjoy every moment." Ms. Xue gently pats Shuhua's back.

"I'll fetch you tomorrow for the morning briefing before going to the location. We'll be staying in a hotel & resort for three days." Muxi drives Shuhua to her family's house since Shuhua decided that it'll be best to stay with her family while she's here.

"Elkie will be at the morning briefing also right?" Shuhua asks, she wants to get to know the girl more since they'll be working again together.

"Yes, I'll fetch you by 7:30 am." Shuhua nodded as she fished her phone out to call Soojin. "Are you perhaps calling your girlfriend?" Shuhua blushed, shaking her head. As much as she loves the sound of Soojin as her girlfriend.

She doesn't know of she really should address Soojin as her girlfriend.

"Oh yeah you two aren't in a serious relationship yet?" Shuhua could only nod. Soojin haven't asked her yet and she's hesitant to ask also.

After three rings Soojin answers the phone call with a deep voice that Shuhua actually felt chills run down her spine. "Are you busy?" Shuhua asks, there's only an hour time difference between them.

["I just arrived in the office."] Shuhua frowned getting confused to why Soojin just arrived. Noticing the sudden silence Soojin honestly tells Shuhua where she have been.

["After leaving the airport, I went to visit my grandparents house and then went to see my dad to talk about some stuff. I also checked up on Miyeon and right now I'm on way to check up on Soyeon. How's your flight my angel?"] Soojin's gentle voice gives peace to Shuhua.

"It was fine, and I told the agency about us just in case you know we get caught by cameras. I don't want to give you any headache." Shuhua looks outside the window, passing by a lot of restaurants.

["You can never give me a headache, lunch time is only a few hours away. Don't forget to eat on time and say my greetings to Mr. Yeh."] Shuhua chuckles at the mention of her father, for sure her father will question her a lot once she told him.

["I'm sorry to cut this short but I have to deal with something here. I'll call you back later. I love you."] Shuhua was flustered that she didn't even notice that Soojin already hanged up.

It seemed like something happened back in Seoul.

"Shuhua you're blushing so hard. Are you that in love?" Muxi teased as Shuhua was brought to reality and she just realized that she didn't got the chance to say the three words back to Soojin.

"I guess I am." Shuhua mutters as the car stopped right in front of their house.

"Thanks for driving me home." Shuhua beams a smile, "Of course, I'll give you your full schedule later." Shuhua nodded as she waves her hand. Watching the car drives away.

===

"I'm surprised Yuqi isn't here." Soojin commented as she sat by the couch. "Did Miyeon unnie came home safely?" Soojin sighed feeling more depressed than her older sister.

"She did, are you Yuqi going out again?" Soojin asks and Soyeon noticed how her friend was deliberately avoiding getting Miyeon involved in their conversation. "I don't know but I guess we are. There wasn't any definite agreement between us." Soyeon decided to drop the topic about Miyeon.

She's been worried yesterday until Miyeon told her that they'll stop the two weeks sort of girlfriend trial.

"I swear if she screw this up again, I will really beat her up." Soyeon laughs as she knows too well that Soojin wouldn't beat someone up irrationally. "She won't and I'm believing in her, to us this time." Soyeon gave her friend a satisfied smile.