Chapter 29

keep·er

/ˈkēpər/

a person who manages or looks after something or someone

"I'll fly back and forth for you."

Minhee immediately smiles seeing Shuhua, guiding the younger to Soojin's office. "This kinda feels weird for some reasons." Shuhua utters earning a giggle from Minhee.

The blinds of the office were down for privacy, Soojin wants to keep it private especially that they are in the office even if Shuhua isn't her employee but still Shuhua is a public figure.

She doesn't want her employees gossiping here and there.

"Enjoy the meal." Minhee opens the door for Shuhua and the younger was welcomed by a smiling Soojin.

"Aren't you busy?" Shuhua asks, throwing herself to Soojin's arms who gladly caught her. "There's no way I'll be busy, it's lunch time you know." Soojin jokingly responded. Shuhua laughs, resting her head on the latter's shoulder.

"I want us to stay like this." Shuhua's voice was quite muffled but Soojin managed to understand what the latter was saying. "We could but we have to eat first." Shuhua hummed in response, finally noticing the food on the table.

"Is this new?" Shuhua curiously asks, pointing at the round table that she have never seen inside Soojin's office until now. Soojin nervously laugh, nodding her head.

"Don't spend too much JinJin." Shuhua was caught off guard when Soojin suddenly kissed her out of nowhere. "Okay I will not only when I need to and keep calling me JinJin." Soojin sure loved hearing the younger calling her with a nickname.

Shuhua doesn't want to keep anything from Soojin so as soon as they finished eating lunch, she took the chance to tell the older about her schedule.

"I'm going back to Taiwan the day after tomorrow." Shuhua softly said as she holds Soojin's hand, like she's asking for some assurance that the thing between them won't fade away and will stay as it is.

Soojin looks at the younger tenderly, eyes giving Shuhua safety and calmness. "Apparently the company signed me a collaboration with another model for this months issue. I still don't know the specifics, that's all I know for now." Shuhua continued.

And Soojin gently gives Shuhua's hand a light squeeze, assuring the latter. "Take care while you're there, I'll always be here with open arms ready to welcome you. You don't have to worry at all and just do what you're passionate at." Soojin lifts Shuhua's hand, bringing it close to her lips.

Kissing the back of Shuhua's hand.

"But don't stop me if I missed you." Shuhua didn't understand what the older was implying.

"I'll fly back and forth for you." Shuhua giggles finally realizing that Soojin's aggressive side can't be stopped at all even if she dare try to. Soojin will always be the same Soojin who goes out of her way just to get what she wants.

"But can I ask two favors from you?" Soojin asks.

===

Miyeon decided to inform Soojin personally.

She doesn't have any intention to visit Soyeon today but she did sent some flowers and food for the latter earlier. She haven't talked to Soyeon since her work keeps on piling up much to her liking.

She was expecting to see Soojin inside her office but instead she saw Minnie inside holding a folder.

"Oh it's been awhile." Minnie smiled at the older, it's been so long since their blind date. She did think that she'd actually forget about Shuhua because Miyeon was in front of her but it seems like Miyeon is the one who's still fighting for the one she loves while she already gave up.

Miyeon returned the smile after all she and Minnie are in good terms. If she isn't in love with Soyeon right now, she'd totally pursue Minnie instead.

"Yeah, uhm where's Soojin?" Minnie scratches the back of her neck. "She actually just left ten minutes before you came. I'm just finishing these papers that she asked me sign for." Minnie explained, gripping the folder tightly.

It wouldn't hurt to try right?

"Is that so? Then I will take my leave." Miyeon was about to leave when Minnie called out to her.

Giving her attention again to the person who's friends with her sister.

"Can I take you out for dinner tonight?" Minnie wasn't making advances towards Miyeon, it's more like she's worried at how the older looks pale.

Soyeon looks over at the couch where Yuqi sitting quietly while playing on her phone.

"Do you have something to say to me?" Yuqi mutters, pausing the game as she finally looks at the older. She wasn't that oblivious not to notice that Soyeon's been constantly looking at her.

"Thank you." Yuqi smiled, finally hearing Soyeon talking to her in a more normal tone than usual. "And I'm sorry for causing you trouble the other day." Yuqi shakes her head, although she was misunderstood by Miyeon that day.

"I went to see Miyeon the day after." Soyeon looks down suddenly feeling a clutching feeling in her chest. Miyeon's a good person, so kind and good for her. She doesn't deserve someone like the older.

"You two haven't talked to each other properly I guess." Yuqi added after noticing the way Soyeon acted just now. "Anyway I just went to see her, explaining what the situation and what exactly happened." Yuqi utters, turning off her phone.

"I'm not exactly staying here in South Korea, I'll be back in China by the end of the month." Soyeon abruptly stood up after hearing it, words ringing inside her head repeatedly.

"Please don't leave again." Yuqi was taken aback, looking at Soyeon who was already struggling to express what she really wants to say.

===

Shuhua made sure that her unit is clean, she even checked her room again and again just to make sure that it's tidy.

Upon hearing the bell ringing, she dashed to the door to open it.

A few hours ago...

"But can I ask two favors from you?" Soojin asks.

"Yeah of course." Shuhua was clueless to where the conversation is actually going but it seems like Soojin is very serious about it.

"Can I stay at your unit until the day that you have to depart? and can I please have your Manager's number? only if you don't mind." Shugua giggles at how serious Soojin's face is right now.

"Yes you can stay at my unit and I'll give you her number later. Is there anything else that my JinJin wants to?" Shuhua cutely asks earning a eager pout from Soojin.

"Give me kisses."

===
A lot of ships are going to sail🚢