Chapter 49

mid·point

/ˈmidˌpoint/

a point somewhere in the middle

"You can use this place as much as you want. Renovate it if you want to, it's yours already."

A year after...

This isn't a prologue nor an epilogue.

It is where you stand when feel certain of something yet uncertain. You stay in the middle until you realize you need to go and move forward to reach the epilogue.

Halfway through our stories, something marvelous happens. There we are, minding our own business, toiling along in the seemingly endless desert of the second act, when —whap! bang! shazam! — everything changes all over again.

The midpoint is what keeps your second act from dragging.

In many ways, the midpoint is like a second inciting event. Like the first inciting event, it directly influences the plot. It changes the paradigm of the story.

Soojin parks her car in their garage, she just came back to grab some things. Miyeon welcomed her with a big hug upon entering the house, surprisingly Minnie isn't here.

Minnie basically almost living in their house, well she's part of the family.

"Is Uncle coming with you?" Miyeon asks as Soojin nodded in response, heading to her room. "I'll be visiting you." Miyeon utters, there's definitely sadness in her voice.

"Yes and I'll be welcoming you with open arms along with Minnie. Just please tone down the flirting and all." Soojin playfully said.

It's been a year, a full year of being grateful and a year for fulfilling the things she wasn't able to do so.

"Have you sent the flowers to her?" Soojin asks, her eyes sparkling like a little kid who got full marks on her test. "Yes I did." Miyeon chuckles, "I also ordered for your mother." Soojin nodded.

She'll be visiting her mom today, just her.

===

As the plane landed, Jeonsung picks her up with a fancy car at the airport.

"Is this necessary?" Soojin asks as her Uncle helps her with her luggage. "Yes, I like to flaunt how rich I've become." Soojin laughs as she sits by the passenger seat.

"Is there somewhere you wanna go first or we'll be heading straight to the place I have for you." Soojin acted as if she was thinking.

"I'm new to the place so maybe you could tour me around first."

And just like that their mini road trip has begun, stopping here and there for foods as they explore the marvelous city.

Do you ever have one of those down days where you’ve fallen and can’t get up?

You’ve spent all your energy and have none left. You’ve exhausted every avenue you had. You’ve run into obstacles that you can’t climb over.

Soojin felt that in the first few months.

In life, we often find ourselves stuck in a rut. We keep doing the same things over and over again and expect different results. Sometimes, it's time to let go of what is holding us back so that we can move forward into a better future.

Letting go of a person in your life is easier said than done.

Just because you let go of a particular person in your life doesn't mean you have to forget that person ever existed in your life. Who knows, maybe you can patch up things in the future, but if the current situation doesn't allow such positive emotions, you can let go for now.

For now Soojin is going to let go of Shuhua, letting fate decided. She reached out to Shuhua a few months ago but they never met halfway.

Shuhua was busy and she understood that, maybe next time, some other time.

"We're here." Jeonsung has this proud smile on his face as he show a huge building to Soojin.

"I wasn't asking for something like this." Jeonsung shakes his head, "You can use this place as much as you want. Renovate it if you want to, it's yours already." Jeonsung handed the papers to Soojin like it's very common.

"I can't accept this." Soojin just genuinely wanted a small studio for her. "Didn't you tell me that you'd like other people to know you through this? not as Seo Soojin the business tycoon?" Jeonsung asks.

The moment he learnt that Soojin is planning to come here to settle down and build her career from scratch, he of course didn't hesitate to help the girl, after all Soojin is his niece.

"Accept it whether you like it or not. If you need help with anything you can just call me."

As soon as Soojin stepped inside the building, she was greeted by the staffs and guards. It feels like she owns a freaking hotel at this point.

After dropping off her things at her place, located by the top floor. She decided to roam around and check where she could possibly put her studio.

Whatever has happened has simply "happened." It just is. Try to avoid "what if" scenarios or feeling guilty or creating stories to explain why it happened. Hard as it might seem, acceptance helps you embrace the process of starting over.

As much as possible, she tries to leave the things behind and completely start something she'll enjoy for her life.

She wants to be a person who can do the right things in life. Although she can't possibly do that fully. At least she's trying and making progress.

===

"Hun it's been just 96 hours." Minnie whines as Miyeon literally woke her up at 6 in the morning to pack some things because the latter misses her sister and wanted to visit Soojin.

"You can't kiss me for a whole month." Minnie groaned, of course she wouldn't want that to happen. "That's not fair." Minnie argues but she immediately shut her mouth when Miyeon glared at her.

"I'm gonna go get ready." Minnie was wide awake now after receiving a good morning kiss from her girlfriend.

"Oh and there's a lot of people who'll join us." Minnie frowned but shrugs it off, it's probably just Miyeon's parents.

And she's totally wrong, it wasn't just Miyeon's parents.

"What are you all doing here? Is this some sort of gathering." Minnie asks as a black van was parked in front of their apartment.

Soyeon and Yuqi are in their own world right now, Somi is about to throw she guess since she's basically being surrounded by couples. Minhee fondly smiles at Miyeon, giving the latter a hug.

"We have to go now or we won't be able to celebrate Soojin's birthday." Miyeon excitedly said.

Fin