Chapter 17

u·su·al·ly

/ˈyo͞oZH(o͞o)əlē/

under normal conditions; generally

"Why are you sitting beside me?"

Soojin is silently seated beside Soyeon while Miyeon was by the passenger seat with Sengwa driving the three of them.

"Oh yeah how was the social gathering last night? I heard from our old man that you two went home earlier than expected." Miyeon decided to start a conversation, feeling the awkwardness building between the two.

But she just asked the wrong question at such time.

Soojin cleared her throat not really wanting to answer it, she was lost in her own thoughts even after having a good sleep.

Miyeon internally facepalms realizing that her question just moved the level of awkwardness at its peak.

On the other hand Soyeon couldn't keep herself composed as she usually does. She's nervous to the bone right now. "Don't drink too much next time, it's clearly bad for your health." Soojin utters not liking the atmosphere between her and Soyeon.

She doesn't want the two of them to be awkward around each other, she knows that Soyeon is aware of what happened last night, it's written all over her face after all.

At that moment Soyeon felt relieved hearing Soojin say that, it was like an answer to the questions inside her head.

Miyeon has a small smile on her face witnessing Soojin making a move to not make things more awkward as it is.

The three of them were welcomed warmly, guiding them to their table.

Miyeon sat where she usually is which was in front of Soojin, her sister also did the same but Soyeon did otherwise.

Soyeon would usually take a seat beside Soojin like always whether it be in restaurants, meeting rooms or even at the plane.

"Why are you sitting beside me?" Miyeon asks with so much confusion, she was already used to Soyeon sitting beside her sister. Soojin really didn't mind as long as they can continue this normal atmosphere around them.

"Because I like you." Soojin's soul almost left her body to what Soyeon just abruptly said. "W-hat did you just say?" surprisingly Miyeon seems to be flustered.

Soyeon began to panic she didn't intend it to sound like that.

"I mean you're like an unnie to me that's why I like you and it would be nice to sit next to you." Soojin could only shake her head, somehow the thoughts of events last night vanished into thin air as another occuring one appears.

Soyeon lowered her head in embarrassment, she was thinking about what would Soojin think about her that she completely lost track of her own words.

"Not very convincing but okay." Miyeon responded, letting the younger take the seat beside her. Soyeon heaved out a sigh finally occupying the sit beside the older.

===

"I'll have Sengwa drive the both of you back to the office, I have to go somewhere right now." Miyeon said while busy typing on her phone, "And you don't need to give me a ride Sengwa, my ride will be here any minute." Miyeon added.

And Soojin already knew who it will be after all she had already met that person for a couple of times already.

"Noted Ms. Cho."

A range rover stopped right in front of them and by the looks of it, Soojin already knew who it was.

Fairly tall with strikingly features stepped out of the car.

"I still don't understand why you're dating this oldie sister of mine." Soojin utters giving the guy a friendly fist bump like they would always do. "You know I prefer older women." Miyeon glared at the two, grabbing the man's arm.

"You two do know that I'm still here." Miyeon stated, silencing the two. "Min-chul and you really get along." Miyeon added with a smile.

Soyeon watches the scene with curiosity, she have never heard Miyeon dating someone as of the moment not until now. It was very amusing for her too see Miyeon with someone she doesn't know.

"Anyway we'll get going now." Miyeon said, bidding her farewell to the two.

"I think you should be an actress rather than a fashion designer." Min-chul commented as soon as they were on the road already. "Very funny." Miyeon retorted, eyes focused outside.

Watching as their car passes by tall buildings. "So why'd you suddenly text me out of the blue? Got your heart in dumps again?" Miyeon could only nod.

Kim Min-chul was her friend ever since college, people often mistakenly took them as lovers when in reality they really are not.

They're good friends with the same problems so it's a win win situation for the both of them.

"Well you're not alone, I just got friend zoned for the third time." Min-chul's chuckle was rather dry, concerning Miyeon. "You should stop running after her." Miyeon advised.

and for the second time Min-chul chuckles before glancing at Miyeon. "Yeah I should but you should also stop running away from what you truly feel, we can't act like lovers everytime that she's there." Miyeon closed her eyes, feeling conflicted by her emotions.

"I can't stop running away especially right now. I chose to build a wall between her and myself and I can't break my walls even if I want to. I'm scared to death."

"About what happened last nig-" Soyeon couldn't continue her words when Soojin motions for her to stop. "Let's forget what happened last night,  I just want to go back to how we are around each other." and at that moment Soyeon just got her heart broken.

Soojin just indirectly told her that it'll be nothing more than that. They are friends and will remain as it is until the end.

Soyeon manage to beam a smile towards Soojin as if it those words didn't pierced through her heart.

"Of course."

===

Love is a losing game.

Soojin stared into an empty space, "I need a drink." she mumbles to herself. Her whole week was very eventful unlike the others.

A game Soyeon wished she never played.

But she doesn't regret it now.

After all it's all been over now.

She lost to the game Soojin created.