Chapter 21

pro·found

/prəˈfound/

(of a state, quality, or emotion) very great or intense

"I just did something crazy Soo."

"Are you sure?" Soojin asks her older sister to get a final confirmation. "We both know that Soyeon copes up with her problems through work and right now I don't want her to work all day and night again." Miyeon genuinely utters, glancing at the still sleeping Soyeon.

"I do agree but let me have someone to assist the both of you." Miyeon smiled but just shakes her head, declining it. "I'll take care of her besides Sengwa is with us." Soojin nodded in agreement.

Soojin noticed how her sister seems be so much caring than usual and it is only intended to Soyeon.

"I'll take my leave then, I still have work to do."

Miyeon checked her phone to see if Sengwa is already at the parking lot.

At the mean time she'll take this opportunity to look after Soyeon, this is her only chance to be alone with the younger and she might as well just grab it.

"He's still on the way." Putting down her phone, all she wants right now is to see Soyeon smiling towards her.

She doesn't even understand what made Soyeon actually learn to love that Song Yuqi. "You've always looked at me the same way as ever, your eyes only shines brightly towards my sister." Miyeon was never jealous of Soojin.

And maybe because she knows Soojin won't return Soyeon's feelings but she's been jealous of Yuqi a couple of times before.

"I'm so lame." Miyeon muttered to herself.

===

"Ms. Cho, I bought take out foods just like you said." Sengwa opens the car door for the both of them. "Thank you and please directly head to Soyeon's house." Miyeon was about to get in the car when she felt a strong grip on her arm making her wince in pain.

Soyeon immediately yanked Yuqi's hand away from Miyeon.

"What are you doing?" Soyeon was fuming mad, she wasn't definitely fine with Yuqi hurting Miyeon. "Are you okay?" Soyeon quickly checked the older's arm.

Sengwa blocked Yuqi from even going further, they were still at the parking right now.

Yuqi was actually waiting, she wasn't gonna give up that easily.

"I'm here to explain because you won't let me do so before." Yuqi seems to be really not over them. Soyeon looked at the younger with hatred, "You don't need to explain anymore, I know that your management pulled that public stunt and I already got over that but I won't forgive you for making me look like a fool. I really wish I hadn't met you." Yuqi decided to not argue with it, she knows it really was her fault.

At that time her relationship with Lucas was just all for a show.

She had already quit from showbiz and she doesn't plan to go back after what happened. She couldn't forgive herself also. She ended up managing their family business.

The sight of Soyeon being worried as hell to someone that isn't her just make her clench her jaw tightly.

"I'm really okay." Miyeon assured the younger as she glance at Yuqi who seems to be restraining herself from doing anything that she would regret.

"I'm sorry." Yuqi mumbles, her words directed towards Miyeon. "I- I'm really sorry." but this time her apology was directed to Soyeon.

Soyeon and Miyeon were both taken aback when Yuqi suddenly kneeled down.

"Even if you kneel down in front of me, I still won't forgive you especially right now that you've physically hurt someone close to me." Miyeon could only watch like always. She's been just watching all the time, witnessing and working behind the scene.

"I love you." for a moment Soyeon actually got swayed by it. A wave of uneasiness washed over Miyeon.

"I will never stop pursuing you again not until there's a wedding ring on your finger." Yuqi raised her head, eyes filled with determination. Miyeon felt that same fear, the fear of witnessing Soyeon getting taken away by someone else.

It's a battle of heart and mind at this point.

Soyeon remained silent and just entered the car, ignoring Yuqi.

Miyeon followed as Sengwa closes the car door.

"Does it hurt?" Soyeon asks for the nth time already. "I'm fine really and I should be leaving now." Miyeon utters, she's being bothered by the thought of Yuqi and Soyeon getting back together but she knows Soyeon isn't that kind of person but still she couldn't ignore the possibilities.

She's been great at hiding her feelings.

"Thank you unnie." Miyeon really hates it every time Soyeon addresses her as an unnie well it's part of formality so she understands it.

"It's nothing." Miyeon was ready to enter the car but quickly stopped when Min-chul's words rings in her ears like a reminder.

'stop running away'

'stop running away'

'stop running away'

Miyeon turned around and faced Soyeon again. "Please guard your heart." Miyeon utters before leaning forward, kissing the corner of Soyeon's lips.

"I'll see you tomorrow." Miyeon bid her good bye as she enters the car.

===

Soojin was working diligently as ever, trying to keep her mind away from any problems.

Her concentration was broke down when the door of her office flew open, revealing her older sister with a very flushed face.

"What are you doing here?" Soojin questions and Miyeon was like an overheating car. She doesn't know if she's imagining things but she can see vapor above her sister's head.

"Is your system still working fine?" Soojin jokingly asks, putting down her pen.

"I just did something crazy Soo." Soojin didn't quite understand what her sister meant by that but seeing Miyeon's state right now it must've been really crazy.

On the other hand Soyeon was the same, it seems like she stopped breathing at this point. She was trying to process what just happened.

"Miyeon unnie...she kissed the corner of my lips." Soyeon subconsciously lifted her hand touching the place where Miyeon's soft lips landed.

"Why is she being like this?" Soyeon asks herself.

===
I'll be publishing three chapters tonight since I'll be busy with my research this upcoming week.