Chapter 37

fore·​see

/fȯr-ˈsē/

to realize or know about beforehand

"Send my people to Taiwan, tell them to find her and bring her back here as soon as they can."

"Soojin?" Shuhua was confused to why she's seeing Soojin here together with her manager. The older opens her umbrella, gently pulling the younger.

"It's so hot to be under the sun, are you thirsty?" Soojin wasn't even caring about herself, putting Shuhua as her top priority right now. "Wait, when did you get here?" Shuhua asks, looking around them.

All of the people are busy for the next shoot. "Just a few hours ago, I planned to fly over here yesterday but there wasn't any available flights and the only available one was early in the morning today." Soojin was actually feeling sleepy right now, hiding her tired eyes behind her sunglasses.

"And why are you exactly here?" Shuhua questions and Soojin quickly avoided her girl's gaze towards her. "I wanted to see you." Soojin answers it was almost like a whisper.

Although it's one of the reasons why Soojin is surprisingly here. They haven't even been apart from each other for 24 hours yet Shuhua is seeing Soojin here with her. Soojin wouldn't even admit to herself that she's feeling jealous.

Jealous of someone who will clearly not harm their relationship.

"Who is she?" A girl who's holding a white towel showed up. The girl handed the towel to Shuhua. "You can use that, it's pretty hot here." Soojin watch the scene in front of her. "Thank you Debby, by the way this is Soojin." Shuhua introduced the two to each other.

Soojin offered her hand to the other, expecting that Shuhua's friend would accept it but she was rather ignored by the latter. Soojin awkwardly retracted her hand.

She doesn't know why she feels like she shouldn't have gone here.

The shoot continued but Shuhua's mind was somewhere else. Soojin already left to go back to the hotel. She wasn't dense to notice how Soojin left quietly, she have never seen Soojin quiet like that and it's concerning her.

"Keep close together." The photographer instructed as Shuhua scoots close to Elkie, the latter softly smiles at her as she also did that same thing. A budding friendship grows between them.

On the other hand Soojin ended up sleeping after drinking a whole bottle of wine. She plans to go back to Korea tomorrow afternoon. Since she have to go attend an evening party tomorrow.

"Are you okay?" Elkie asks noticing how Shuhua's expression was so different from when they started earlier. "Yeah I think." Shuhua fixes her clothes as Elkie naturally helps her without saying anything further.

Shuhua excused herself to talk to her manager.

"Do you want me to drive you there?" Muxi asks following behind Shuhua. "Shuhua do you want to have some coffee nearby?" Debby showed up by the corner after helping the staffs pack up.

The shoot wrapped up early than expected.

Shuhua was too occupied to even notice Debby, walking passed by her friend. The only thing in her mind right now is Soojin.

"I'll go there by myself Muxi, please promise me that you won't tell the CEO about me wrapping up the shoot early because of personal reasons." Muxi nodded.

"I promise, I won't accompany you to the parking lot to avoid suspicion. Be back before morning." Muxi handed the car keys to Shuhua who looks a little brighter than before. "Where are you going?" Muxi heaved out a sigh as she face Debby with a smile.

"Why don't we go and have tea?" Debby frowned, she was practically being dragged by her friend's manager. Shuhua didn't think too much of it, she knows that Muxi and Debby are close. They are childhood friends after all.

Shuhua entered her hotel room just to get some clothes while constantly dialing Soojin's number but it seems like she can't connect through the other line.

===

"I'm sorry but Ms. Seo isn't present right now." Minhee calmly said as she faces the chairman of the largest group company in Seoul, Cho Taekyung.

"Where is my granddaughter specifically?" Minhee will always follow Soojin's orders like always. "Attending an investor meeting overseas." Minhee smiles even when she's literally shaking inside.

"Thank you for your honesty." It sounded like a threat to Minhee, she knows the history of the Cho family.

She finally breathed once the chairman left the building. "Don't show him that you're scared. You'll be gone once you let him see it." Leander walked passed by her after that.

"Send my people to Taiwan, tell them to find her and bring her back here as soon as they can." Cho Taekyung's eyes looks at the picture of her granddaughter entering the airport early in the morning.

"Copy sir." Taekyung grits his teeth in annoyance, pool of blood welcomed him yesterday. The blood of the people he hired to keep a close eye on Soojin and Miyeon. He doesn't have any idea on who did the job.

The only thing he knows is that Soojin is the one who give orders.

Soojin woke up from the loud ringing of her phone. "If this ain't important I'm going back to sleep." Soojin mumbles under her breath, reaching for her phone.

The sound of Shuhua shedding tears from the other line caught her off guard. It totally woke her up completely. "Are you okay? Is there something wrong? Where are you?" Soojin forgot the awful feeling she felt earlier.

She quickly got out of bed, rushing out of her hotel room just to see Shuhua right in front of her crying. Her hotel was at least 15 - 20 minutes away from Shuhua's hotel.

Shuhua immediately hugged the older, Soojin dropped the call and hugged the latter back. "Tell me what's wrong." Soojin gently strokes Shuhua's hair.

"I should be the one asking you that." Shuhua looks up, squinting her eyes. "Uh well I am okay just a little jealous earlier I guess but I'm fine." Soojin became unintentionally honest about her emotions.

"Let's talk about this inside." Soojin added, fixing Shuhua's mask.