Chapter 26

hang·o·ver

/ˈhaNGˌōvər/

a severe headache or other after effects caused by drinking an excess of alcohol

"Don't leave me hanging."

Soyeon just woke up and the throbbing pain is already killing her. Looking around the rather familiar room, she was sure that the room belongs to Soojin.

"I shouldn't have drink yesterday." Soyeon said to herself, massaging her temples trying to ease the pain she's feeling. She's confused of her own feelings at this point.

And just like before she can completely remember all what she did yesterday.

Yuqi's words were stuck inside her head and until now she's still thinking about it.

'Maybe you were letting yourself believe that you have feelings for that person just so you can ignore the fact that there's someone else making your heart flutter.' that was what Yuqi said to her, she feels like it was insensitive of her to actually ask some advice from the younger considering thag Yuqi is clearly in love with her.

"I should call in sick for today. I couldn't go to work at this state." Soyeon mutters as she finds her phone by the bedside table.

===

Shuhua stares at Soojin, lightly touching the tip of the older's nose. "She's really sound asleep." she mutters to herself, apparently Soojin is comfortably resting on Shuhua's lap.

It was still new to her, having a exclusive relationship like this. Having an assurance that it's mutual unlike before. She wants to keep it this way as much as she wants.

There was no room for her to doubt, she's completely trusting Soojin with this.

"You know I'm not really asleep." Soojin still has her eyes closed, wanting to tease the younger. Shuhua was startled hearing the older suddenly talk. "I tend to just close my eyes most of the times. It takes me quite a while to sleep." Soojin added, opening her eyes as she reach for Shuhua's hand.

The more Soojin holds Shuhua's hand, the more that she doesn't want to let go of it.

For her it's still too early to say that she's in love when she herself doesn't completely understand the meaning of love. The love wherein you consider someone else's being other than yours.

Love is complex as they say.

A mix of emotions, behaviors, and beliefs associated with strong feelings of affection, protectiveness, warmth, and respect for another person.

While most people agree that love implies strong feelings of affection, there are many disagreements about its precise meaning, and one person’s "I love you" might mean something quite different than another's.

That's why Soojin chose to say the word "like".

"Why do you like me?" Shuhua asks, and Soojin is facing a crisis right now. It's not that she doesn't want to answer the question but rather she has so much to say but she's contemplating thinking that it may seem like she's obsessed.

"I was just curious because you were just clearly messing around with me when we first met." Shuhua added realizing that the atmosphere between them suddenly went silent.

Soojin sat up straight, looking directly through Shuhua's eyes. "I wasn't messing around with you. No one rejected my advances except you and just by that you caught my attention. I find you interesting the second time we crossed paths, I thought I could at least play around a little bit but someone already gave me a push. A whole day isn't enough for me to state the things I like about you though." Soojin explained as she cups the younger's cheeks.

"But I can show you how much I like you." Soojin added, leaning forward and capturing Shuhua's inviting lips. Shuhua is very fast on giving in, letting the older have the control. Soojin eventually invaded the insides of Shuhua, getting a taste.

Shuhua was supporting herself with her hand against the couch but it seems like even her arms are going to give in with so much pressure Soojin is giving her.

Eventually the younger was pushed down the couch, Soojin apparently let go of the control she have for herself.

The temptation of going further was getting stronger inside Soojin's head. If she continues even further, she'll completely lost it and give in.

A moan escaped Shuhua's mouth making Soojin stop. The two were both panting, trying to catch their breathes. Shuhua's cheeks were flushed, hair ruffled and eyes were dazed.

Soojin gulp, getting a grip of herself. Stopping from going further without Shuhua's permission. The younger who's beneath her right now is her own definition of temptation.

Shuhua herself is a temptation.

"I should probably get going now." Soojin composed herself but before she can even escape, Shuhua had pulled her close.

"Don't leave me hanging."

===

Soyeon stood outside the huge gate, her heart was beating faster than ever.

Emotions are part of human nature. They give us information about what we're experiencing and help us know how to react.

We sense our emotions from the time we're babies. Infants and young children react to their emotions with facial expressions or with actions like laughing, cuddling, or crying. They feel and show emotions, but they don't yet have the ability to name the emotion or say why they feel that way.

As we grow up, we become more skilled in understanding emotions. Instead of just reacting like little kids do, we can identify what we feel and put it into words. With time and practice, we get better at knowing what we are feeling and why.

Emotional awareness helps us know what we need and want (or don't want!). It helps us build better relationships. That's because being aware of our emotions can help us talk about feelings more clearly, avoid or resolve conflicts better, and move past difficult feelings more easily.

"Welcome Ms. Jeon." Soyeon politely bow at the head maid as she was guided to the living room.

The house seems to be quiet and empty today not what she expected it to be.

"Mr. Cho and Mrs. Cho is out of the house today, only Miyeon is here. I believe she's awake by now." Soyeon doesn't have any idea that just like her Miyeon was also drunk yesterday.

There's no needed for instructions, Soyeon already knows where Miyeon's room is. She's been here for almost more than her fingers and toe fingers can count.

She immediately headed upstairs only to be welcomed by Miyeon who just came out of her room wearing casual clothes.

"What are you doing here?"