Chapter 13

wave

/weyv/

any surging or progressing movement or part resembling a wave of the sea:
a wave of the pulse

"I never knew you liked the taste of my lipstick."

Soojin stood up offering her hand to Shuhua, "Then we shall dance this night away." Soojin said when the latter took her hand.

Shuhua giggles, it was her first time hearing Soojin say words that doesn't really fits her personality.

It was freezing, dark and nearing midnight, but the two didn’t care. No, buoyed by the euphoria of a night spent swing dancing in the warmth of each other, the cold was more than tolerable.

Soojin slowly leaned her forehead against Shuhua, drunk on their shared happiness.

Soojin has been very fond of dancing ever since she was just a child. Her sister once asked her on an event way back before, 'Why don't you dance that freely?'

The simple answer is that dance, like other art forms, is driven by expression. The hops, skips, spins and dips of swing act as a conduit to channel out the tension, anger and fear that builds up. The longer answer is memory.

She stopped dancing when her mother died and so since then she never dared attempt to open her heart to dancing.

Then why is she dancing right now with someone whom she met not long ago?

Tonight Soojin is being driven by what she feels, letting her body express freely what she have always wanted to say.

"Your eye lashes are long." Shuhua stared at Soojin's eyes not really bothered by the fact that their faces are only inches apart considering that Soojin is leaning her forehead against her.

"I never really noticed that." Soojin responded as she backs away gently touching her eye lashes. "Your lips tastes really sweet." Soojin returned, kissing the tip of Shuhua's nose.

"I never knew you liked the taste of my lipstick." Shuhua stifles a laugh seeing the expression plastered on her face right now. "Then should I wipe it off so I can taste you properly." Soojin lifts her hand.

Thumb ready to brush over Shuhua's lips.

"You sound like a carnivore type of animal right now and as if I'll let you do that." Shuhua retorted but the older just smirked at her. "But I have kissed you already before with your permission well apart from tonight because that is half and half." Soojin casually said not even realizing what she just said.

"We had kissed before?" Shuhua asks, confusion filled her eyes. "You asked for it." Soojin answered as they continue to sway under the moonlight. Their music was the sound of the waves.

"Goodnight." Soojin finally let go of Shuhua's hands as they stop right outside of the younger's suite. "Thank you for tonight." Shuhua sincerely thanked the older, she have never felt tranquility like this with anyone.

"Always welcome, you should rest now." Soojin utters, stepping back waiting for Shuhua to go inside of her suite.

"Goodnight." Soojin was taken aback when the door slammed right in her face after feeling Shuhua's soft lips against her again.

The Taiwanese leaned her back against the door and once she heard the footsteps outside getting faint, she was sure Soojin had already left.

"It's not stopping." Shuhua mumbles as she clench her dress, a visible smile was on her face.

The next day

Minnie was greeted by the staffs as she sits by the lounge, it was still pretty early in the morning. She made plans with Shuhua today and she's hoping it won't get interrupted.

"Up so early my friend." Minnie raised her head up and was welcomed by her annoying friend. "Up so early my ass, did you sleep on your girlfriend's suite?" Minnie asks as reach for a magazine to read to kill some time while waiting for Shuhua to come down.

"Yup, I had a great night." Lisa cheerfully said as she slouch on the couch beside Minnie. "Do you have any plans for today? I heard the guests are going to check out of the hotel today." Lisa added.

"I do have some plans besides I'll be going back to Seoul by monday so I'll stay for another day here." Minnie answered.

"Minnie!" The thai tilted her head upon hearing her name. Shuhua waves her hand letting the girl acknowledge her presence. "Enjoy your day, I have to go." Minnie passed the magazine to Lisa who was clueless.

She stood up and immediately went to Shuhua. "So where are we going today?" Shuhua was unexpectedly excited today much to Minnie's surprise. Minnie was smiling widely, her energy was up the roof now.

"We'll tour around the heart of Jeju today. Let's enjoy good food also and buy some souvenirs." Minnie explained, she have already rented a car for them to use today.

"It's all on you today then." Minnie can die peacefully just seeing Shuhua so excited right now. It was such a cute sight.

"Of course, we can eat all we want and buy whatever our hearts desire." Minnie responded as she guide Shuhua to the car she rented.

"Are you sure you've packed up your things?" Miyeon asks making sure that Soojin won't leave any of her things behind. "Yes, I'm sorry if I can't stay. I'll just make it up to you." Soojin said as she checks her phone again, reading the email of her secretary.

"Fine, but it's really weird hearing these kind of things from you. Your flight is in two hours, I already called you a cab. It'll be here soon." Miyeon added.

"Are you sure you're not gonna tell Shuhua you'll leave today?" Miyeon asks just to make sure that Soojin isn't just forgetting about it. "I had coffee with Mr. Yeh awhile ago." Soojin simply said and Miyeon got her answer already.

"Then take care, I'll see you on monday." Miyeon said before leaving the room and Soojin could only scoff watching her sister leave.

'She isn't gonna even see me off.' Soojin thought as she arrange her luggage by the door.

===
Last update for today🤠