1

A/N: iF YOU HAVEN'T READ "OUT OF THE DARKNESS" YET, THEN PLEASE READ THAT FIRST. THIS IS THE SEQUEL TO THAT. THANKS! PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS AND DON'T FORGET TO VOTE! 

I didn't know what to do. It had been 3 days since I had rescued Anna from Lilith's secret hospital thing inside of her apartment. There were still others down there as well. Anna wouldn't wake up. I tried everything. Even kissed her, praying for some fairytale ending. Now, she was lying on the couch in my room, still in a coma. I heard a knock on the door and looked up. "Yeah," I answered. Sam opened the door and walked in with Kat at his side. "Any change?" he asked. I shook my head. "No. I don't know what to do, man. Should I take her to a hospital?" "What would you tell them, Colby? I don't think a hospital is the answer," he replied. I sighed, and ran my hand through my hair. "Can you tell me what Christine said again?" "Sure," he replied, coming to sit next to me on the bed. I watched Katrina walk over and sit next to Anna's body. She gently brushed the hair back from her face, and stared at her with glossy eyes. "Christine said that they were in the hotel, eating room service, and talking about the past. When Anna was alive...I mean...you know what I mean." I nodded. This entire thing was just too confusing. I thought that Anna was a ghost, but if she was a ghost, then how in the hell was her body lying on my couch. Not just the physical manifestation of her spirit, but her actual body. Her physical manifestation hadn't had a heartbeat. Her body did. I knew because I had checked, multiple times, to see if it was still beating. She slept peacefully most of the time, but sometimes, not so much. She had screamed, kicked her legs, covered her face with her hands, and even cried...but she stayed asleep. "So, they were just hanging out, then she said that Anna dropped her fork, and started gasping for air. Christine didn't know what to do and started freaking out. She said that she even tried the heimlich maneuver on her, but it didn't help. Anna basically just grabbed her arm, then faded from sight. She didn't hear another word from her. She called right after Anna disappeared." "Which was when I picked her up," I whispered, looking over to Anna's body again. Sam nodded. "Yeah. Her spirit faded, when you picked up her body. Maybe she got shoved back into it or something? Seems like a logical explanation." "Except for the fact that she won't wake up," I replied. "Should we call Ash? Or Beth? There's got to be someone who can help with this!" "I called them both, as well as Amethyst. The only one who had any kind of information was Beth. She called me back just a few minutes ago. That's what I came up here to tell you. She wants to come to the house, tonight, to discuss some things," he answered. "What kind of things?" I asked. He shrugged. "I don't know, but whatever it is, I'm guessing it's important and relative. She'll be here at 7. She asked for permission to cleanse the house. I told her yeah." "Of course she can. She can do whatever the fuck she wants as long as she wakes Anna up!" I exclaimed. "What time is it?" "It's 6. So, she should be here soon," Kat spoke up. I looked over to her again, and saw the tear streaks on her cheeks. "Aw, Kat, don't cry," I begged. "I'm not...now. But I can't help it. I really liked Anna. I know that I didn't know her for that long, but we really connected. I hate seeing her this way...she's so pale and unmoving," she whimpered. "Pale? Paler than usual?" I asked, getting up to take a look at her. "Looks like it me," Kat answered. When I looked at Anna, I noticed that she was a little paler than usual. "That can't be a good sign," I said. I leaned down and pressed my fingers against the side of her throat. Her pulse was still there, but...was it weaker than it had been yesterday? "Shit," I mumbled, and stood. "Text Beth. Tell her to get her as soon as she can. If she can be here now, then be here now." Sam nodded, and took out his phone. "What is it?" Katrina asked. "I'm not sure. I can still feel a pulse, but I don't know if it's as strong as it was yesterday," I replied, my words coming out so fast that they almost slurred together. "Colby, you need to calm down," Sam said, putting his phone back inside of his pocket. "I'm calm," I replied. "Then why are you wearing a hole into your floor?" he asked, pointing at my feet. I looked down and noticed that I had been pacing, back and forth, from the couch to the far side of my bed. "Urggh! I don't know what to do, Sam! I thought that I had saved her. I thought that she would wake up with time. Did I fuck up? Lilith said that she wouldn't survive if I had taken her from the dream realm. Do you think she just meant, if I took Anna from her? Did I do this?" I was almost screaming, by the time I finished. Sam and Kat just stared at me in silence for a few seconds. A few seconds that felt like an uncomfortable forever. Sam's phone rang then, breaking the silence. I sat down heavily on my bed, and fell back, throwing my arm over my eyes. "I fucked up," I whispered to myself. "Okay. Okay. We'll throw in a bonus. Oh, that's great. Thank you so much, Beth. You have the address, right? Okay, just ring the bell when you're here. Thanks again." I felt someone grab my arms and start pulling me into a sitting position. "Come on, brother. You can't do this. We don't need negative energy, right? You gotta think positive," Sam said, after he pulled me up. "I don't know if I can," I whispered, glancing over to where Anna was lying. I could just see the top of her head, with her hair fanned out over the arm of the couch. "I've put everything I had into going to the apartment. I didn't know that leaving Anna in the hotel room, would be the last time that I saw her alive. Awake. You know what I mean," I continued, frustration ringing out in my voice. "How much can someone take? Her first life was stolen from her. She found a type of freedom with me, with us. Then Lilith took her back. Then let her go, only to take control of her, so that she couldn't fully be free."