55

We could hear Tara laughing, then more sounds that had the blush rising in Anna's cheeks again. "Well then," Katrina said, smiling. "Looks like we'll have to wait our turn." I groaned. "Can't any of you control your damn hormones?" "I'm sorry, what?" Brennen replied. "This coming from Colby Brock? You know damn good and well, if you weren't hurt, you'd have kicked us out by now so that you could have some private time with Anna." "I already told you, it's not like that," I replied, pinching the bridge of my nose. I was starting to get a headache. "Speaking of kicking someone out, Kat and I are leaving," Sam said, standing up and holding out his hand to her. "We're gonna go get some food. Anyone wanna come?" "Ooo me, me!" Corey said, waving his hand in the air, like a child. "Yeah, I'll come too. Give the lovebirds a little alone time," Brennen said, jumping up. I glared at him. "You know, just to cuddle and shit," he added, with a wink. "Do you want us to bring you something back?" Sam asked, before leaving. I shook my head. "No, we'll just get room service. Thanks though." He nodded and closed the door. I didn't watch TV much but I figured why not? The remote was closer than my laptop. I reached over to the little table in between the beds to grab it, and jerked back when my wound pulled sharply. "Shit!" I exclaimed, looking down at it. It was soaked through with blood. "What's wrong?" Anna asked, leaning over so that she could see. "It's my bandages. I forgot to get Sam to change them before he left. If you can just get me the stuff, I can do it myself. It's over there on the dresser," I replied, looking down at the blood seeping out the corners of the bandage. I was so tired of being bandaged. I mean, damn, it hadn't been long since I had gotten over the demon bite. Now, here was a perfectly human injury that I had to get over too. Anna got up quietly, and walked over to the dresser to get the medical supplies. She returned to the bed, but sat down on the edge of the bed, on my side. I looked up to see what she was doing. "I'm gonna need you to lie down, so that I can get to the wound better," she said. I watched her lay the bandages and things out on the bed. "I can do this, Anna," I replied. "You don't have too." She looked up and smiled. "I want too," she said, simply, then went back to opening the gauze. I tried to scoot down in the bed as easily as possible, so that I didn't hurt myself. It took me a minute, but I was finally laying all of the way down. Anna reached over and lay her hand on my abdomen, next to the wound. "Are you hurting again?" she asked. "A little," I admitted. "Nothing that I can't handle though." She spread her hand out over my stomach, only for a second, but my insides clenched with longing. I didn't think that I had dated a virgin, since I had actually been a virgin. It was slowly torturing me to death. She took her pretty nails and started prying up the sides of the bloody bandage. It didn't take much because the blood had already loosened it. She stood and took it the trash, then stopped back by the bathroom. When she walked out, she had a wet rag. "I'm going to clean it up a little first," she said, when she sat back down. "It looks a little grody." I nodded, and waited for the pain. Only, it didn't come like it did with Sam. It was like her touch only healed me. She was gentle and slow with her movements, wiping at the blood that surrounded the wound. "I don't see any ointment or anything. Didn't Sam get any?" she asked. I shook my head. "No, it's too deep right now, for that. I'll have to wait until it closes up a little." "Oh...so, just bandage it then?" "Yeah," I said. She picked up the clean gauze that she had set aside and looked at my cut. "I don't know, Colby. I know that the other bandage didn't stick because you were bleeding so badly. It's slowed down now though, and if it clots like it's supposed too, this is going to stick to it. Then it's going to hurt like hell to pull off," she said, looking up to meet my gaze. "Well, I definitely don't want that," I replied, and let my head fall back. "But we don't have anything." "Did you bring that kit with you?" she asked me. "What kit?" I asked. "The one that I seen with your exploring stuff. The little first aid kit," she answered. "Oh," I replied. "Yeah, actually I think I did. I always take that stuff because we never know when we are going to find something to explore. It's in my bag, but I don't think there's any ointment in it." She got up and went over to my bag. It didn't take her long to find the little kit and bring it back to the bed. "Actually, if these things are still the same as they used to be, then there should be a small tube or package of Neosporin in it," she said, popping the little kit open. "Yes! Here it is!" She pulled the package out and ripped off the little corner, then started applying a thin layer over the middle of the gauze that she had taken out earlier. "I'm using a thin layer so that it doesn't really affect the wound that much, but it will keep the bandage from sticking and create a barrier against any outside bacteria." I stared at her in awe, until she looked up and met my gaze. "What?" she asked, acting a little embarrassed. "You just keep surprising me," I replied. "Just when I think that you can't get any more amazing,  you prove me wrong." "Stop," she said, smiling a little. "Now, lie still." She took the gauze and set it gently over the cut. "Shoot, I forgot to tear off the tape. Don't move." I watched as she expertly tore off a few strips of the medical tape and stick them to the ends of her fingers. "Okay," she said, then started taping the gauze to my skin. "All done," she exclaimed, then leaned over and pressed a kiss to my stomach. My muscles quivered in shock.