106

I swallowed the groan that she let out. Her hands moved down my shoulders, and over my collarbone to my chest. When she lightly scratched her nails down me, I growled against her lips. I turned and pushed her back against the wall, with my body flush against hers. My hands roamed over her, wanting to take in every ounce of her flesh that I could. Then I remembered...and pulled away. Her eyes looked out of focus and hooded, and her breath was coming in short gasps. I wondered if she knew how close she had come to having her first public experience, because I had been about to take her right against the wall, on this balcony, for the world to see. "Sorry about that," I said, then cleared my throat. "Sorry?" she replied, looking confused. I backed away a little, then reached out to steady her when she looked wobbly on her legs. . "Well, not really," I laughed. "I got a little carried away." She smoothed the t-shirt down and smirked. I think this might've been the first time that I had ever seen her do that. "I like it when you do," she replied. Waiting was going to be so much harder for me now. She was starting to flirt and didn't mind as much about showing her body around me. Thank God that it was only for a few days. "That mouth is going to get you into trouble, Anastacia," I said, quietly, my voice deepening, as I smirked at her. She held my gaze and shivered, but didn't respond. My phone rang, distracting both of us. I pulled it out and saw Ash's name on the screen. "Yo, Ash, what's up?" I said, answering the call quickly. "Colby? Is Sam with you?" he asked, breathlessly. "No, but he's on the way. Is something wrong?" I asked. "You two should be together! You're going to need each other, for what's coming!" he practically yelled at me. "What do you mean? Ash, what's going on?" "We figured out some things about Lil- the Darkness, but...she found Amy, Colby. Amy's dead," he replied, with his voice cracking on his last word. I heard him take a deep, shaky breath in the silence that followed. "Oh my God," I breathed out. "I'm so sorry, Ash. I know you two were friends. She was a good person. She helped me a lot. Damn it. I'm so sorry that I dragged her into this mess," I said, dragging my hand through my hair. My heart ached for the death of Amethyst. She had done everything in her power to help me through this and to help Anna. "Colby, what's wrong?" Anna's whispered, with her voice shaking. I met her gaze and covered the speaker. "It's Amethyst. The witch that helped me find Ash and gave me the amulets. She's dead. Lilith found her," I replied, watching her eyes. She gasped and covered her mouth with her hand. "Oh my God," she choked out. Tears started forming in the corners of her eyes. "This is my fault. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." I wanted to console her, but Ash started talking again. "Don't say her name!" he yelled, obviously hearing me even though I had the speaker covered. "And don't be sorry. That's who she was. She wanted to help everyone, with her talents. That's why she didn't really fit in with her coven. She would bend the rules to help others. I just...wanted you to know. The Coven...they tried to protect her, but the Darkness was just too strong. Most of them escaped with an advanced barrier spell that High Priestess performed with a few others. We lost more than just Amy though. They all went into hiding, but there will be a service. A sending off for Amy and the others that we lost. I know that-." His voice broke again. It took him a minute to collect himself, before he continued. "I know that she would want you all there. I've made sure that it's okay with the Coven. Some of them don't like it, but they don't like me either, so that's nothing new. I will also be collecting the information that they discovered, after the service. I thought that we could go over it. The Coven still intends on helping because the Darkness is a danger to them, as well." He fell silent and I knew he was waiting on my answer. I sighed. I didn't really want to go to a funeral when I knew that the people there were going to be more worried about me, thant the people who had passed. "Let me talk to Sam and get back to you. I'm sure we'll be there, though," I said, knowing that I had to go. "Sure thing," he replied. "And Colby?" "Yeah, Ash?" I asked, closing my eyes and pinching the bridge of my nose. I was getting a headache. My good day had stopped before it had even started, with the worst possible news. I couldn't believe that Amethyst was gone. We had just seen her. "Be careful. Be VERY careful. Don't say her name. Don't even think it. She's looking for you and for Anna. She probably wants you two more than anyone else. Stay away from places that she knows and keep moving. I hope I see you tonight." With that, he disconnected the call. 'I hope I see you tonight.' That's what he had said, but it sounded more like 'I hope you make it through the night.' I sent a silent prayer up to God, because we were gonna need it. I turned back around to find Anna. She had already walked back inside, so I slid the door open and did the same. I found her sitting on the edge of the bed, where we had shared such a magical moment, bent over with her face in her hands. Her shoulders shook with her almost silent sobs. I sat down next to her, wrapped my arm around her shoulders, and pulled her against me. She buried her face in my side and started to let out loud, choking sobs. I rubbed her arm, trying to comfort her, but I didn't know what to say. Because I knew how she felt. My eyes burned with unshed tears, as we sat there in silence, besides her sobs. After a little while, my phone alerted me to Sam's incoming Facetime. I connected the call and waited till I saw his face on my screen. He was smiling until he saw me. It dropped immediately.