15 Anna's POV

He moved his body to the beat, and made the silliest faces while he sang. The song wasn't one I knew, but I guess I didn't really know much music of this time. It didn't matter. I loved it. Anything that could make him act so carefree was already something that I loved. "Pull up on lil shawty in the foreign ya, shootin stars in the wraith like we sooarin ya, shawty she the life of the party ya, girl I cannot wait to get it started ya." He sang every word but looked at me and wiggled his eyebrows at that part. I laughed and shimmied, dancing along with him. The wind blew our hair around us, and the bass thrummed through the entire car. I could feel in vibrating in my soul. Just the way I always loved to listen to my music. It took 3 songs to get to our first destination, and I enjoyed every single one. When he parked, we both looked at each other and started to laugh. "That's how you enjoy a road trip," he exclaimed. I wiped a tear of laughter from my eye, and nodded. "For sure. That was bitchin!" He started to laugh again, and I didn't know why until he muttered the word 'bitchin.' "Shut up!" I said, swatting at his arm. "I don't tease you about the way you speak! Saying 'bro' or 'brother' like you're trying to set a new world record." This just made him laugh even more, and I couldn't help but to join in. When we quieted once again, and I finally noticed where we were. The crooked yellow arrow going through the simple words on the sign was enough to make my stomach start to growl. "In-N-Out Burger!!" I exclaimed, excitedly. "Oh, I can remember the last time I ate at one of these. Holley and I were on a double date with her boyfriend, Kris, and a guy that I only saw a couple of times. I can't remember his name...hmmm. Anyway." I started explaining every detail that I could remember about that stupid double date, while staring at the sign. It was amazing how the memories would just unfold in my mind, after something triggered them. "So, I laughed so hard that my vanilla shake came out of my nose! After that, what's his name didn't want to see me again." I laughed to myself, remembering how this guy's face had looked when I shot vanilla shake straight onto his burger, from my nose. I heard Colby's low chuckle and looked over to see him watching me. "What?" I asked, a little self consciously. He shook his head. "Nothing. I just really enjoy your stories. Also, did you know that you speak with your hands?" I grinned and stuffed my hands under my thighs. "No, I don't." He nodded and grinned. "Oh yeah, you do. It's very entertaining actually. I think next time, I'll make sure that I record it." My mouth dropped open. "NO, Colby Brock, you better NOT!" He started to laugh and I broke down and joined him. "Come on, let's go get you a vanilla shake. Try to keep it to yourself though. I'm not sure how I feel about that flavor. Snot vanilla...ugh." I tried to reach across the seat and swat at him, but he jumped out of the car before I could. When he opened my door, I tried to get out, without my tiny skirt riding up anymore, but no such luck. I yanked it down quickly, as soon as I was in a standing position. "You good?" he asked, cocking his eyebrow at me. My cheeks flamed up a little. "Yes. It's this damned skirt of Katrina's. It keeps riding up and there isn't much room for it to ride. I'm now thinking that I should've worn jeans." He didn't reply. Just stuck his hand out for mine, and smiled. I placed my palm in his, and used my other hand to yank on the skirt one last time. When I felt his warm breath on my ear, I almost jolted again. I had to stop doing that. "I actually REALLY like that skirt on you," he whispered, before taking his hand from mine. He wrapped his arm around my waist, and rested his hand on my hip as we walked towards the entrance. I smiled to myself. Maybe the skirt wasn't such a bad idea on Kat's part. I wasn't exactly comfortable, especially around other people, but being with Colby made it easier. "Why are we going in?" I asked, when he held the door open for me. "I thought we were going through the drive thru." "Nah, I wanted to show you off a little," he replied, his hand going back around my waist, as we got in line. "Oh, as if," I said, rolling my eyes. "You really don't see it, do you?" he mused, staring at me with some look that I didn't recognize. "Hi, welcome to In-N-Out, how can I help you?" The girl behind the counter got his attention, so that I didn't have to answer him. "What do you want?" he asked me. "Uh, it all looks so good...this is hard," I whined, making him laugh. The girl behind the counter just looked annoyed. "I'll just take a number 2 combo," I replied. He added his number 1 to it, then glanced over to me for a second. "Add a vanilla shake to that please. Make it two." "Anything else?" the girl asked, in a monotonous tone. "Nope, that's it." She told him the total, and he pulled a card out of his wallet. I watched, intrigued, as he swiped it through a small machine that was stuck to the counter. He must've been paying for the meal, because she passed him a receipt that automatically printed out. "Your number will be called when your order is ready," she said, in that same tone. "Thanks," he replied, then stuck the card back in his wallet. "What is that card?" I asked, keeping my voice low so that no one else could hear me asking what was probably a stupid question. He grinned, and my knees felt weak. "It's a debit card. Like...uh, checks. Money is taken directly out of my account, without having to write a check." "Oh," I replied, stupidly. "Come on, let's fill our drinks up." He took my hand and pulled me towards two red machines with images of drinks on the screens. "This is a drink machine?" I asked, my eyes widening. "Yeah. It's easy. I'll show you." He pulled out a couple of large paper cups, and set one just inside the little opening in the machine.