103

When I was finished making the bed, I looked over to where Anna was sitting. She was just watching me with a small smile on her face. "What?" I asked, grinning back. She shook her head, as the pink color flushed her cheeks, and looked away. "Oh no," I replied, walking over to her. "You have to tell me now." She looked up at me and pressed her lips together, before looking away again. "I was just thinking how I didn't even notice that you had put your boxers back on...and how soon would I get to see you without them again," she whispered so quietly, I had to lean down to catch it all. I chuckled and took her hand, then pulled her to stand with me. I rested my hands on her hips and waited until she met my gaze. "You can see me without them any time you want," I replied. Her face flushed again, as she bit her bottom lip. Damn, she was sexy and she didn't even know it. I had felt like a virgin myself, a little while ago. It had been so hard to hold back with her, and to hold onto my own release to wait on hers. I hadn't been sure that I was going to make it. I pressed her body close to mine, then leaned down to kiss her. She sighed and opened automatically. There was no need to hurry. We had nowhere to be, except with each other tonight. Her arms circled my neck and she made a small mewling sound into my mouth. I realized, in that moment, that I was content. Yes, we still had a great battle coming our way. I didn't know what kind of part we were going to play in it, or if we would even be needed, but it didn't matter right then. I was happy and with the woman I loved. Our relationship had been anything but normal, and I had no clue how she was a ghost, but not dead, and now alive...again. All of that was too confusing to think about at any time, but especially right then. When my lips were on hers and my arms were around her, it was all okay. We would deal with tomorrow, later. Right now, it was just about us. I wasn't sure that I wanted her to give me her virginity. I wasn't sure if I felt right with it, knowing that she had wanted to save herself. So, while my body wanted it more than anything else, more than air, my mind was at war with my body. That's why I had to keep asking if she was sure that she wanted to do this. If she had changed her mind, it would've been hard, very hard, but I would've respected it. Now that we were on the opposite side of it, I realized that I had been a virgin, in a way. I had never experienced sex like that. It wasn't just sex. I had been in love before, or so I thought, but I had never felt like I did with her. That was all new and different to me. Even though it had only been a few months, I had fallen for her harder than anyone that came before. I broke the kiss and rested my forehead against hers. "I love you, Anna," I said, quietly. Her emerald eyes were shining with something that I hadn't seen before. Peace. She felt it too, even though we were still in the middle of this battle with the Darkness. SHE couldn't take this from us. Not tonight. "I love you too," she replied, with a small smile. "So," I said, as I pulled away and took her hand. "What do you want to do now?" She giggled, a carefree light sound that danced around the room. "Anything. Everything," she replied. I laughed and pulled her with me to the bed. "How about we eat? I'm actually starved." Her stomach growled loudly then, agreeing with me. Her face flushed again, and she pressed her hand to it. "Eating sounds good," she said, with a small laugh. We got into bed and under the blankets, before I picked up the phone to call room service. It was kind of late, so I hoped they could still supply us with something. Thankfully, they had snacks on hand and even a bottle of wine. I got as many different things that I could, sweet and salty, a few bottles of water, and a Root Beer, in case she didn't like the wine. I wasn't a big wine drinker but it had its moments. We snuggled together and watched some stupid, funny old movie that was on the television. It was one that she remembered from her past, so she pointed out all of her favorite parts. I noticed her shift a couple of times and saw the grimace of pain on her face. "You're pretty sore, huh?" I asked. She looked at me with an apologetic expression. "Maybe a little...but in a good way. I've never been more relaxed, actually." I cracked a smile. "Yeah, great sex will do that for you," I joked. "Don't get a big head, Brock," she said, rolling her eyes. "I think I will though," I replied. "I was awesome. Admit it." She giggled and met my gaze. "I could say that...but what do I know? I don't have anything to measure it up against. You could've been horrible, for all I know." It was my turn to roll my eyes. "Please, that would never happen. What you're saying, is that, since you have no prior experience, I could be the worst lay out there." She shrugged and nodded, that little smile still playing on her lips. "Okay, so doesn't it also apply that, since you have no prior experience, that I could also be the best lay out there. In the world even," I argued, my smile getting wider. She pursed her lips, as she tried to hold back laughter. I loved seeing her so carefree. It was one of my favorite things ever. She tilted her head and sighed. "I suppose, if you look at it that way." "YES!" I yelled and smacked my hands together. "I'm the best lay in the entire WORLD, BABY!" She let out a peal of laughter and slapped her hand over her mouth. I grinned and pulled her into my side. She rested her head in the crook of my arm and glanced up at me. "You're right. You probably are the best in the world," she said, smiling, before she bit her lip. "I probably am. It's a shame that you'll never have anything to compare it too," I said, with a shrug. She cocked her eyebrow at me. "What do you mean?"