109

I wasn't so sure that this was within his skill base though. I walked over and sat next to where he was on the bed. "So," I said, slapping my hands down on my legs. It was only then that I realized I was still in my damn boxers. "I should get dressed." Sam was silent for a second, before he let out a loud bellow of laughter. I was stunned, at first, but then his laughter made me laugh. It took a minute for us to calm down, and we were wiping tears by the time we did. "Are you two finished?" Kat asked, cocking her eyebrow at us. She and Anna were standing next to one another, staring at us in bewilderment. "Yep. I'm gonna go put some pants on," I said, standing up. "Bout time," Katrina said, rolling her eyes. Anna, on the other hand, trailed her eyes over me, then met my gaze. Her face flushed, as it always did when she thought something was 'naughty.' I smirked and winked at her, then grabbed my bag of clothes. "Might as well take a shower," I said, holding her gaze. "Wanna join me?" Her eyes went wide and her hand flew up to rest at the base of her throat. I almost laughed out loud, but thankfully, held it back. I just grinned widely, and walked to the bathroom. It didn't take me too long in the shower, although, I would've given anything to stay under that stream of hot water for as long as possible. We had shit to do though. Things to plan. Shit to understand. I dressed quickly, just throwing on an old teal merch shirt that said Take Chances on the front and Now or Never on the back, inside a circle. It felt a little more snugly than it used too. I slid on my black jeans and finished my hair and brushed my teeth. I glanced at myself in the mirror and took in my image. It wasn't like I had to film or like we were going out or anything. If we decided to go to the funeral, then I would fix it up a little more. Until then, this would do. I still wasn't sure if we should go...but we probably would. I let out a resigned sigh and walked back into the room. Sam was sitting in the chair at the desk, while the two girls were on the bed. "Yo, did you get a room?" I asked Sam, while I dropped my bag back onto the floor. He shook his head. "No, not yet. I had to come see what was wrong first. I'm gonna go back down in a sec though, and go ahead and get it done." "Why don't we get a double?" I asked, looking at the girls to see if they were okay with it. "I'd like that," Anna replied, with a smile. "Yeah, we can finish girls night!" Katrina exclaimed, laughing. "Um, excuse me, but we'll be in the room too," Sam replied, furrowing his brow. Kat shrugged. "Slap a wig on your head. We'd love to have Samantha and Colleen join us." I rolled my eyes and smiled. "Not a chance," I said, with a short laugh. Sam tapped his chin and looked at me. "You think they got wigs in the gift shop?" he asked. "Brother, don't even start," I replied. "Samantha and Colleen are dead. Let them rest in peace." I realized what I said, as I heard the words come out of my mouth. "Shit," I hissed out, quietly. Talking about death, when it was actually around us, just didn't feel right. Everyone ignored my slip up, thankfully. "You guys wanna go ahead and go downstairs to get the room?" Sam asked. "Yeah," I replied. "We should get that done, then I'll call Ash back. Are we going though? It's gonna be dangerous." "I still think we should go," Anna said, looking up at me. "You need to talk to Ash in person and we should pay our respects to Amethyst. I wouldn't be here without her." I sighed, knowing she was right. "Okay," I replied, giving in. "But, we run, and we run fast, at the first sign of trouble." They all nodded in agreement. "Let's go get this damn room then," I said. Anna and I gathered our things and I made sure that I had the key card to hand in. "Don't forget this," Sam said, holding up the Target bag with the box of condoms and an unused bottle of massage oil. Guess I never got around to using that. Yet. I snatched it from his hand and ignored his smirk. We made it downstairs, without any incidents. Sam and I started acting stupid in the elevator and pulled a few pretty smiles from the girls. "If it's girl's night, can I get nayuuls duun?" Sam said, throwing his hand out and bending it at the wrist. They laughed and Kat shook her head. "You're an idiot," she replied. He draped his arm around her neck and kissed her cheek. "But, you love this idiot," he responded. She smiled up at him. "Yeah, I do." I had my arm around Anna's waist, with her tucked into my side. I watched her face soften and the little smile that flitted across her lips, as she watched them. "You guys are so adorable," she sighed. "How long have you been together?" "Ha," Sam replied, a grin on his face. "Long enough for her to be comfortable farting in front of me. Kinda hate that." Katrina's mouth fell open, before she raised her hand and smacked his arm. "Samuel John Golbach, I do NOT fart in front of you, you liar!" "Yes, you do!" he laughed. "Well, you're not supposed to fucking tell everyone, you asshole," she said, rolling her eyes. They kept up their banter, until we reached the bottom floor. After we handed in our key card, we ordered the double that we needed. Then, we made the trek back to Sam's car to his and Katrina's things. Finally, we were able to go back upstairs and find our new room. "So, what do we do now?" Katrina asked, after she jumped onto one of the beds and sank down into crossed legs. "I'm hungry. Let's get something to eat." "I gotta call Ash," I said, setting mine and Anna's stuff down on the opposite bed. "We going out to eat or staying in?" "Staying in is probably safer," Sam suggested, shrugging his shoulders. I nodded and pulled out my phone. "I don't care what you get, just order me anything," I said, then walked out onto the balcony. I sighed heavily and pressed Ash's name. The tinny ringing in my ear made me anxious, for some reason.