168

I braced myself and stared at Lilith. "Two," he continued. She sent me a smirk, like she knew she had already won. "THREE!" Sam shouted. I gripped his hand tightly and tried to pour out every emotion that I had inside of me. From meeting Sam, us becoming best friends, working on our goals together. the things we had succeeded in, every party, every moment was blasted out of my mind, down into my hands. I felt like Goku from DragonBall Z, as I shoved my hand out towards her. I had the strange thought of yelling KamehameHA and smiled to myself. I was insane to be thinking that at a moment like this. A golden light, much like the one that Anna had shot towards us, flew out of my palm at the same time it flew out of Sam's. The two lights collided and melded into one another, before it slammed into Lilith's black wall of deadly smoke. Sam and I clung to each other, hands outstretched, as we watched the golden light, that looked more like a floating liquid, push it's way through the black smoke. It seemed almost impenetrable, I knew that it wasn't. The golden liquid wove through the tendrils, wrapping itself around them, keeping it away from us. The smoke was devoured inside the golden liquid, until all that was left was a shining golden ball of what looked like molten lava, hanging in the air in between us and Lilith. She raised her eyebrow and shifted her eyes from the ball to us. "That's it? That's all you got?" she asked, with that stupid smirk still on her face. It wouldn't be there for long. I acted on instinct and clenched my fist, held out in front of me. The liquid ball shifted and splashed in midair. Then, I quickly spread my fingers wide and pushed my hand towards her. The ball shot through the air and hit her square in the chest. She let out a surprised "Oh," then collapsed on the ground. Sam and I stood still, clasping each other's hands, and watched her for a second. "Is she dead?" Sam whispered. "I don't know," I whispered back, before I stepped towards her. "Whoa, what are you doing?" Sam asked. "Checking," I replied. I shoved her foot with my own and watched it swing back and forth, lazily, then stop. "Well, that didn't help," I muttered. I took a couple of more steps so that I was standing above her ribcage area. "I owe you one," I said, then brought my foot back. I kicked forwards with as much strength as I could, aiming straight for her ribs. Right before my foot connected with her body, her eyes snapped open and her hands flew up. There was nothing that I could do to protect myself. I didn't even have Sam's hand in mine anymore, to combine our power. I felt her rib crack under my foot, but then I was blown back, until my back slammed against a tree trunk. I slid to the ground and groaned. Sam ran up to me and grabbed my hand again. "No time to lick your wounds. She's getting up. We have to hit her again. Come on," he said, hurriedly. She found her footing just as Sam and I hit her with another ball of golden liquid. This time, it was her back that slammed into a tree. Sam and I tried to build up another shot of power, while she was climbing to her feet, yet again. I was getting weak and I could feel it. I didn't know if we had enough power to keep hitting her. This happened a few more times, with us going back and forth with being hit. Sam and I were blown off of our feet several times. My breathing was ragged and my body felt like I had been stuck in bed with the flu for a month. It didn't matter. I had to push through. Time and time again, Sam and I hit her with everything we had. "That's right, you bitch!" I exclaimed, while Sam and I took a few steps closer to her. "We're sending you back to Hell!" She laughed, even as we hit her again. The golden ball was getting harder and harder to make. My energy was zapped, but she was still on her feet, still alive. I heard something coming up behind us fast, but I couldn't take my eyes away from her. It was too dangerous. I saw the sly smile creep up on her face, as her hands moved slightly away from us. "Let me help," Katrina's voice came from the direction of where Lilith was aiming her hands. "OH, NO YOU DON'T!" I screamed. Sam noticed the same thing, just as I screamed. I felt it then. The power of love, of friendship. Sam and I had been using it, of course, but we hadn't been protecting anyone but ourselves. Maybe if I had thought about her going at Sam, and not me, then I would've been able to end this sooner. Since we were in it together, like we were everything else, I didn't think that way. Who knows what would've happened? Kat grasped Sam's other hand, increasing the power swelling up inside of me infinitely. "URAAAAAGHHH," I screamed, as I pushed the power out of myself, every laugh, every tear, every heartfelt moment, every goofy thing we had ever done together. It poured from my hands like a waterfall, then collided with the one that left Kat's hand. I had thought that it was golden before, but I was wrong. That had been too orange, like the sun. This was pure gold, shining in the moonlight with each liquid splash. It shot faster than before, straight at Lilith's chest. I expected her to be blown back, to smash against a tree again maybe, or to send her flying back on her ass. That's not what happened. The moment the golden ball touched her skin, it was absorbed, pushing its way into her cold heart. The smirk on her face froze, as her skin turned ashen. Sam, Kat, and I stood there, watching what was happening in total shock. Her skin started to wrinkle, like a balled up piece of paper. It turned a yellowish color first, then a sickly gray. Her hair started to fall out, blowing away in the breeze, leaving bald patches of gray skull on her head. Before us stood not a powerful witch, but a beaten down, withered old hag.