99 Anna's POV

My heart was thumping in my chest so loudly, I was surprised that Colby couldn't hear it. I was ready and I meant that...but it was still scary. I didn't want to...well, suck at it. I wanted him to enjoy himself too, but I had no clue what I was doing. He looked so confused, sitting next to me, trying to explain what he had meant. I knew it would be different for him, because I was a virgin, but I hadn't expected him to be nervous. He was experienced, so why would he be? "You don't have anything to base it off of, but I still want the experience to be...um, nice for you. I want to make it special, because you deserve that," he finished. My already racing heart decided to skip a beat at his words. I felt myself start to get emotional, so I had to stay quiet until I could speak again, without crying like a little girl. I held his gaze, feeling utter amazement that he had been the one God had brought to help me. I firmly believed that. I also believed that, while I may be sinning with what I was choosing to do tonight, I knew that I would also be forgiven. If Colby and I had lived normal lives, then maybe I would've waited for marriage. I had always intended too, but when there was a super powerful, psychotic, killer witch after you, that changed things. I didn't want to miss out on so many experiences. Not again. I had to take chances and live life, before it was taken from me. I placed my hand on his cheek and leaned forwards, to press my lips against his. "This is why I want it to be you, Colby," I whispered. "Because, you care." He smiled gently, with just one corner of his lips turning up. "I just want to make you happy," he said, quietly. "You do," I replied. "You will. There's no way that you couldn't." He stood and turned, holding out both of his hands. "Come here," he said, with that big, beautiful grin on his face. I had fallen love with that smile, just like I had fallen love with the man. I took his hands and giggled, when he quickly pulled me up from the bed. I fell into him and his arms went around my waist. He picked me up and spun me around a few times, until I hid my face in his neck, laughing. When he slowed down, I looked up into his clear blue eyes and felt my heart skip another beat. I was beginning to think that maybe the Darkness wouldn't kill me after all. Maybe my heart would just get too overwhelmed with him, and cease to work. At least, that way, I would die happy. I shook the morbid thoughts from my head and let myself feel his body against my own, as he let me slide back down to the floor. I found myself wanting to squirm, when I felt pressure against my most sensitive area. When my feet finally found the floor, I leaned close to him and kissed the corner of his full lips. I moved my hands to his shoulders, so that I could have better access to his neck. He groaned, the sound sending shivers down to my very core, when I left a wet trail to his earlobe. "I have to take a shower," I whispered, then pulled away from him, laughing. He stood there with his mouth hanging open and his hands still reaching out for me, with the most confused look that I had ever seen on his face. When realization finally caught up with him, he smirked at me and shook his head. "That's just dirty," he replied, taking a step towards me. I backed up and shook my head. "Nope. I want to take a shower. If you keep putting your hands on me, that won't happen." He shrugged and took another step. "So what? We're just gonna get dirty again." I snatched my bag up from the desk and darted to the bathroom. "I won't be long," I said, then shut the door to his surprised face. I sighed and turned around with my back to the door, then sank to the floor. I felt like I was in a dream...or an old romantic comedy, where the goody two shoes girl gets the bad boy. Honestly, Colby wasn't what one would consider a bad boy, but in my innocent eyes, he was. He dressed with an edge that drove me wild. His entire being seemed to drip sex, making it hard for me to think of anything else. Then, I remembered what I was about to do. I was about to take that next step and give myself to him in a way that I had never done for anyone else. What was I supposed to do? I thought about the things that the girls had told me, but I wasn't sure that I would have the guts to do most of it. Not yet, anyway. I had never even had an...orgasm. It was hard for me to even think the word. Devyn had said that it was called the tiny death. That didn't really sound appealing, but then Tara described it as feeling an electric current buzzing throughout your entire body, until your nerve endings exploded in the best possible way. I had to get this shower over with before I was just a ball of nerves, shaking on the floor. After fiddling with the faucets for a few minutes, I finally figured out how to set the water temperature to what I wanted. Why did they have to make these things so complicated now? What was wrong with hot on one side, cold on the other? I got my towel ready, then undressed and got under the hot spray. I took care to wash every space on my body, twice. I didn't have a razor but I had been blessed with incredibly slow growing hair. Didn't seem to have grown much since I came back. Once I was sure that my hair and body was as clean as it was going to get, I turned the water off and stepped out. I let myself get sucked into the monotonous chore of drying myself and my hair, then wrapped the towel around myself. I looked in the mirror and almost didn't recognize the girl looking back at me. Her cheeks were flushed pink, her mouth slightly parted, ready to be kissed, and her eyes were full of anticipation...with a little fear mixed in. I would be lying if I said that I wasn't scared. I had heard that it hurt the first time, for girls. Wasn't something that I was looking forwards too, but I knew that I had to get past that part. It was supposed to get better, after the first initial pain.