46 Anna's POV

"Uh, babe, that has tequila in it. You sure you want that," Colby asked. My mind savored the face that he had just called me babe. "Yeah, I want to try it," I insisted. He looked at me for another moment, then shrugged. "You heard the lady," he said to the bartender. She smiled and nodded. "Sure thing." I watched as she started making our drinks. Mixology really was an incredible thing to see in action. She poured his Jack and Coke, passed it to him, then started on mine. "Here you go," she said, setting the glass down in front of me. It was a pale yellow color, like lemonade, and it had a lime wedge on the side of the glass. I picked it up and took a long sip. The sweet honey coated my tongue, but then the lime flavor gave it a little kick of sour. I could taste the alcohol but it wasn't overpowering. I could deal with this. It was even kind of good. "How is it?" Colby asked. "Pretty good, actually," I replied, taking another swallow. "Um, maybe you shouldn't drink this one as fast," he said, with his forehead creasing. I waved his concern away. "I'll be fine. I don't even feel anything from the last drink." "Maybe because that was only 5% alcohol. Like a light beer. This is liquor and it's going to kick your ass, if you don't go slow," he said, with a smirk. "Colby," I said, with a sigh. "I'll be fine. I think I'll know when I should stop. Maybe my tolerance is high. I mean, I do have a few family members who are avid drinkers. It can be hereditary, you know." He held both hands up in surrender. "Okay, okay. I'm just trying to be helpful." I held his gaze and took another long sip of my drink. The alcohol flavor was barely there now. I looked at my glass and my mouth fell open. "Oh wow. I think I need another drink. These little fancy shmancy glasses barely hold anything." I only had maybe another swallow of my drink left. Colby sighed, closes his eyes, and pinched the bridge of his nose, before throwing his hand up at the bartender again. "We'll have another one of these please," he said, taking my glass. "Hey, hold on! I still had a little left!" I exclaimed, and grabbed it back. I downed the last swallow then passed him my glass. "Now you can have it," I said, with a small grin. The bartender took the empty glass, and put a full one in his hand. He stared at me, with a smirk on his handsome face, for a minute. "I have a feeling that this is going to be a very interesting night," he murmured, then passed me my glass. I smiled, and took a tiny sip. I didn't know why he was stressing out so much, about me drinking. I didn't even feel anything. Not even a buzz. I didn't even know what a buzz felt like but I felt normal. Just a little more energetic and that couldn't be a bad thing. That was probably just excitement, though. Not the alcohol. "Still wanna dance?" he asked, then took my free hand in his. I shook my head. I was sweating just from the little we had already done. "Nah, I need a break, I think." He looked at the dance floor, and my gaze followed his. The entirety of the people on the dance floor had joined in on some kind of weird line dance. It reminded me of a mix between Michael Jackson's Thriller and the LA Hustle. Only with an added drop of dirty dancing. "Oh!" I exclaimed, when I saw one of the couples. The girl leaned over, and pressed her butt against the guy's private area. She proceeded to rub against him, until he grabbed her shoulder, and yanked her back up against him. Colby caught my eye, and I felt my face flush so hard. My mind replaced the couple with him and I, and I stumbled. I looked away from him and the provocative dancing. "I don't see the gang," I replied, trying to completely push the image away from me. "Their probably back at our seats," he said, letting go of my hand, and moving it to my waist. I swear, I could feel the heat through the thin fabric of my dress. "Where were we sitting again?" I asked, looking around the outdoor area. He laughed and squeezed my side. "This way." He guided me through the crowd, and I noticed quite a few girls, and a few guys, staring at him. I scowled and took another sip of my drink. Didn't they see that he was with someone? So disrespectful. One girl went as far as to smirk at me, then send a little wave to him. He looked right over her, and kept going towards our seat. I couldn't help but to send a little smirk back. Her smiled dropped and she glared at me. I almost laughed, but Colby pushed me through the crowd, and I lost sight of her. I giggled to myself. "What's so funny?" he asked, pulling me through the final break in the crowd. "Oh, nothing," I replied, then turned towards him. I draped my arm around his neck, and stood on my tip toes to press my lips against his. Maybe I was feeling the alcohol just a little, because I felt confident in doing this. In making the first move. The only other time I remembered doing that was when Lilith had control of me, and almost had me having sex with him. Remembering that time while feeling his lips on mine, and his hands on my body, had me clenching my legs again. "What was that for?" he asked, resting his hands just below the small of my back, over the top of my ass. Usually, I would move back, or at least move his hands. Right now, I kind of liked them where they were. "Just for being you," I replied, and traced my finger over the tattoo peaking out from his button up shirt. "I think someone is feeling their tequila," he said, with a gentle laugh. His voice came out all husky, and it sent shivers through my body. "Maybe just a little," I whispered, looking up to meet his gaze. The light blue went from a calm, clear ocean to stormy waters in a second flat. His grip tightened on my ass, pressing me closer against him. Was is possible to get closer? He leaned down and pressed his lips to mine again. It felt like he was intent on dominating and taking whatever he wanted.