20

"Then this will be a first for you. You'll love it. I'm going to go tell Sam and Kat, and then I'll call the others. That okay with you?" She nodded. "Of course it is! I love Sam and Kat. I don't know the others very well, but they seem nice. Ugh, Colby, where are you taking me?" "Nope," I said, tapping her nose with my finger. "You'll see. Finish getting ready, and I'll be right back." I turned and walked towards the bedroom door. "You're annoying," she huffed out. I turned back and saw her all puffed up, but smiling. "I know," I replied, grinning at her. I closed the door, and walked towards Sam's room. I knocked lightly, and he opened the door. "What's up, brother? Anna came in here asking to borrow Kat's clothes again. Where you going?" "I walked in and took a seat at his computer desk. "A restaurant in Sacramento. She doesn't know about it though. It's a surprise. It's called "Back to the 80's." I'm hoping that she loves it." He chuckled. "Really? That's a real place? Damn. The more you know." "Yeah, it looks wild," I laughed. "I wanted to know if you guys want to tag along. I'm going to ask the others too. Brennen, Jake, Tara, Dev, and Corey." "Yeah, let me ask Katrina. She's downstairs right now. That's kind of a long trip though. We should pack some provisions," he replied. "Nah, she's never been on a plane, so we'll just fly. That okay with you?" He shrugged. "Either way. You know I'm always down for a trip. Doesn't' matter how we get there." "Road trip on the way back?" I suggested, shrugging with a half grin. "Definitely," he replied. "You know what we should do? Rent a van for the ride back, so that everyone can ride." "That's gonna insane!" I exclaimed. "You sure you wanna do that? All of the girls, plus us with Jake, Corey, and Brennen. If they can all come. I don't know man. Would any of us even be able to drive with all the crazy shit that's gonna happen on that ride?" He laughed, and shrugged. "No clue, but we can fucking try! I mean, what's life without a little crazy?" "That's a lot of crazy," I replied, smiling as I thought about the fuckery that was going to take place. "It's how we do," he said, winking. "Damn right," I laughed. "Okay, you ask Kat, while I go call Brennen. I'll take Jake and Tara if you wanna handle Corey. Kat can ask Dev. That work?" He nodded. "Yup. On it." He blew by me, saluting as he went. I laughed, and started to go back to my own room. Then I thought about something. I jogged downstairs, into the kitchen, where Sam and Kat just so happened to be. "Where are we going?" Kat was asking. "Just some restaurant that Colby picked out specifically for Anna. There's games and stuff too. So, kind of like a Dave and Buster's, I guess?" "That's not anything special to go all the way to Sacramento for," she replied, scrunching her nose up. "Scuse me," I said, sliding through them so that I could get to the fridge. "Colby, where are we going?" she asked, cutting Sam off. "Just a place. You'll love it. It's gonna be worth it. Dress comfortable, but bring club clothes with you. Maybe we'll stay the night." I grabbed the black gas station bag that Sam had popped in the fridge for me, the night before, closed the fridge, and turned back to them. "I don't like surprises," Katrina pouted. Sam laughed, and pulled her to him, so that he could nuzzle her neck. "Yes, you do." She had leaned her head back, and closed her eyes, but she smiled at that. "Okay, so maybe I do...but I still want to know where we're going. This is Anna's surprise, not mine!" "Oh my God, Sam just tell her before she stomps her foot," I said, laughing. She turned to the side and glared at me. "Do not make me kick your ass, Colby," she replied. I put both hands up in surrender, leaving the black plastic bag dangling. "Wouldn't dream of it," I said, as I moved around them. "Sam, don't forget to call Corey and Devyn. If I don't get the chance, you can call Jake too. I'm sure he's with Tara. Two birds, one stone. Thanks!" I yelled behind me, as I took the stairs two at a time, back to my room. I knocked, just to let Anna know that I was coming in, then pushed my door open. She always seemed to get so uncomfortable when I would catch her changing or anything. "Anna?" I called, not seeing her when I first walked in. "In here," she called from the bathroom. "You okay?" I asked. The bathroom door came open, and she stood in the doorway, with my brush in her hand. "I don't know what to do with my hair. I thought about teasing it up, like I used to wear it, but then I thought that I haven't seen anyone wear their hair like that, since I've been back, ghost or not, so I should leave it down, right? But that seems boring, and predictable." I raised my eyebrows at her never ending question about her hairstyle, as she huffed out a breath. "What do I do? This would be a lot easier if I knew where you were taking me!" I laughed and shook my head. "No. You'll just have to wait and see. You're right about the face that no one teases their hair up. At least, not like they did back then. Your hair is beautiful. You don't have to do anything to it, because it could never be boring." She shot me a glance that I couldn't read, and rolled her eyes. "What'd I do?" I asked. "Typical male answer. The safe kind I use to always hear my dad give my mom, when she would ask about clothes or hair." "Your dad sounds like he was a smart man," I replied. She smiled, a little sadly, and nodded. "He was." She turned back to the mirror, and started running the brush through her hair. "Do you have any hair ties? Or a scrunchie? Scratch that. Why would you have a scrunchie? Rubber bands, maybe? I just want to do a braid. That'll have to work." "Uh, no, I don't usually leave hair ties just lying around...seeing as how I have short hair, but I'll text Kat," I answered.