21 Anna's POV

He walked up behind me, and wrapped his arms around my waist. His chin settled into the crook of my neck, and I met his gaze in the mirror. This was all so new to me. I was basically living with him, because I had nowhere else to go. I had to admit though...even if I did, I would still want to be here, with him. I was a virgin, who had only ever lived with her parents, or a roommate on campus. Then, suddenly, here I was sleeping in the same bed with the man that I had let touch me way more than anyone ever had. As I stared into his captivating gaze, I remembered his hands and lips on me, when we were in the bed. I had wanted him. More than anything, I had wanted him to keep going, to take my most precious gift that I could give him...but then my fear and morality stopped me. I started to think about what that would mean. What if we didn't work? What if something happened? I could never take that back. Was I ready for that yet? I was really still a child in that aspect. Before Colby, I had only ever kissed a boy, with some light groping, away from private areas. There was just something about him, that had taken me in from the start. When I was stuck in the Darkness, his voice and eyes was the only thing that physically let me pull myself out of it. What did that mean? I believed in soulmates, but it had always been sort of like a fantasy. I hadn't ever really thought about it being true for me. I always hoped...but now, here I was, standing in his bathroom, with his hands spread across my belly. In response, there were tiny tremors going through my stomach, making me feel an odd longing for more. "Stop freaking out. You're going to love this. I promise. If I end up being wrong, then no harm done. You don't have to stress this. Just enjoy it, okay?" he said, lightly. I sighed and leaned back into him. "Okay. I'm sorry. I think that all of this is just starting to be overwhelming." Just then, I noticed that he had a black plastic bag hanging on his wrist. "Wait, what's that?" I asked. He just smiled. "Is this from last night?" he nodded. "It is, per your request. You never had your dessert." "Oh!" I exclaimed, with childlike excitement. "My Pop Rocks?" He reached inside and pulled out a few different packets. Some pink and black, a green and black, and a blue and black. The only one I immediately recognized was the pink. "Oooo, strawberry is my favorite!" I gushed, and took one of the packets from his hand. I ripped the top strip of paper off and started to unceremoniously dump the candy into my open mouth. When I felt the fizz on my tongue and heard the crackling, I started to giggle, and held my mouth open in front of his face. "Hee, I ov dis!" I exclaimed, hoping he could understand that I said that I love this. "I'm glad you're having such a good time with it," he laughed. "ERE, ou too," I said, pushing the open packet towards his mouth. "No, I'm good," he said, taking a step away from me. "Those are for you." I let my lips fall into a frown and stuck out my bottom lip. "Peeasee," I pouted. He groaned and opened his mouth. I grinned, knowing that there was probably little pieces of tiny pink rock candies stuck in my teeth, and turned some of the candy into his mouth. When it started to fizz and pop, he opened his mouth, letting me hear it. I laughed, added more to my own mouth, and we stood there laughing with the sounds of crackling and popping surrounding us. Before long, we were just a crackling, laughing mess, with pink drool slipping over our lips every now and then. "Okay, ooo, okay, I can't breatheee," I managed to gasp out. I grabbed my stomach in an attempt to stop the pain that hit my ribs from the intense laughter. I took a few deep breaths, while Colby quieted down and wiped the tears of laughter from his eyes. "That was fun," I giggled, wrapping my arms around his neck. His hands rested on my sides, above my hips. "I have to admit that I haven't experienced anything like that in a while," he replied. "I felt like a kid again." I smiled, and swayed back, so that he was holding me up. "I'm glad I could help," I whispered. He smiled back, then leaned in to softly press his lips to mine. I opened to him, and tasted artificial strawberries, mixed with his presence. He broke the kiss and rested his forehead against mine, with a sigh. "What are you doing to me?" he asked. I wasn't sure that he was really speaking to me. It looked like he was trying to figure it out, with his forehead creased, and the slight wonder and confusion in his eyes. "The same thing you're doing to me," I whispered back. His fingers tightened on my sides for a second, then he released me. "We need to finish getting ready to go or we'll never get out of here," he said, bringing his hand up to start fixing his hair. "Right," I replied. I had almost forgotten that we were going anywhere. "Where are we going again?" I asked, slyly, hoping that he would slip up. He just cocked his eyebrow at me. "Not gonna happen," he retorted. I laughed and shrugged. "Can't blame a girl for trying" He laughed and walked back into his room. I followed close behind, and watched him take a suitcase out of his closet. "Are we staying? I thought that we were only going on a short day trip or something." "We were but then I thought, why not make it a total experience. First, the day thing, then we'll hit a club at night. If you're up to it, I mean. Does that sound like something you'd like? We've never really talked about what you like...mainly because you couldn't remember. What do you think?" I stood there a moment, just looking at him. My heart swelled, thinking about everything that he had done, and was still doing, just for me. "I think that would be amazing," I answered, quietly. The smile that I was rewarded with almost brought me to my knees.