110

"Hey Colby," he said, answering the call. "Hey Ash," I replied. "I guess we're coming. I'm not sure it's so safe, but Anna insisted. She's really grateful to Amethyst, as am I. I just want her to be safe. You really think it's a good idea for us to come?" "Honestly, I have no idea. Sometimes, I have help from the spirit world. Sometimes, there are the ones who can see what will happen, but this...I haven't been told anything. But, there will be heavy protection spells, anti-tracking, vision barriers, and any other spell they can think of, in an effort for everyone to be safe," he said. It sounded like some kind of speech that had been drilled into him. "Okay...that's something I guess," I replied. I reached my hand up to my ear and started twisting my helix piercing, anxiously. "Where and what time?" He rattled off the information and I thanked him, then hung up. When I walked back into the hotel room, Kat and Anna had their hands out, holding their palms up. "Miss Susie had a steamboat, The steamboat had a bell, Miss Susie went to heaven, The steamboat went to... HELLo operator, Give me number nine, And if you misconnect me, I'll kick your little... BeHIND the 'fridgerator, There was a piece of glass, Miss Susie sat on it..." Anna was chanting this slowly, while she clapped hands with Katrina and instructed her movements. Kat kept messing up and screaming cuss words at the top of her lungs, causing Anna to die with laughter. "SONOFABITCH!" she screamed, shaking her hands out. "I WILL get this damn game right!" I glanced at Sam and met his gaze. We both cracked a grin and shook our heads. I sat down next to him on his bed, since the girls had mine. "Did you order something?" I asked. He nodded. "Yeah, I called in PostMates though. Didn't really want room service." "What'd you get?" I was actually getting pretty hungry, at this point, and wished that I had told him what to get me. He grinned, with that knowing look. "Don't worry," he said. "I just got Taco Bell. Seemed like the easiest thing that everyone would eat." Taco Bell sounded amazing, but damn, I was really messing up my eating habits lately. I was going to have to get it back under control. "Awesome," I replied, then lay back on the bed, with my feet still on the ground. He fell back beside me. The girls were still their clap thing with the chant. "Think this is gonna go on all night," he asked, referring to them. I chuckled. "It's possible. I'm really glad that they get along so well though." He glanced over and met my gaze. "How could they not? It's destiny that our girls have to be best friends, too. It's just the way it's supposed to be," he said, grinning, before he winked at me. I laughed a little and nodded. "Yeah, you're right. I couldn't imagine having to deal with them not liking each other. Wouldn't work out well for us." He shook his head. "It would never  happen. You wouldn't choose to be with someone that we couldn't like, because you wouldn't like her either." He was right. My friends were amazing, so if a girl acted like a bitch or didn't get along with them, then it didn't last long. "So," he said, sitting up and hitting my thigh. I sat up next to him. "What do you think tonight is going to be like?" I sighed. "I honestly have no idea. I don't know if we should expect some kind of creepy scene from a scary movie, or what. Do we wear black? We didn't even bring any funeral clothes, for fuck's sake. This wasn't something that we knew to prepare for." "Well, the house isn't that far. Let's just go back and change really quick, before we head there. How far is it?" I shrugged and gave him the address. "I'm not familiar with it, and I haven't looked it up on Maps yet, so I don't know." He pulled out his phone and put the address in. "Looks like it's about a 40 minute drive from our house, but I think it might be longer. Look, it goes off into this patch of trees and the route disappears. How much do you wanna bet that we have to go pretty deep? We should probably leave early so that we can find the place." "Probably a good idea," I replied. I looked over to the girls. They weren't doing the little game anymore. Now, they were whispering and giggling together. I caught my name and Sam's, a few more words, but I couldn't make out what they were talking about. Katrina caught my eyes and smiled. "Nosy much, Colby?" she said, cocking her eyebrows. "I heard my name," I replied, shrugging. "Why you gotta talk about me, Kat?" "Because, you're just such an interesting topic," she said, rolling her eyes. Anna giggled, a light tinkling sound that made me smile. "It's girl talk. Now, mind ya business," Katrina responded. "Come on, let's go somewhere more private." She stood up and grabbed Anna's hand, then dragged her to the balcony. She turned back before she slid the door closed. "No listening. Do your little boys things and let us be for a while." She pointed her finger, looking at us sternly. "Yes ma'am," I said, saluting her. Sam just laughed. When she closed the balcony door, I looked at Sam. "They're gonna talk about me, aren't they?" I asked. He laughed and clapped me on the back. "Oh, they are 100% talking about you, brother." The girls stayed on the balcony talking for a good little while before they fell back through the door, laughing. "What's so funny?" I asked. "Wouldn't you like to know?" Katrina said, as they walked back over to the bed. "Yeah, I would," I replied, smiling. "That's why I asked. You guys talking about me, again?" Kat smirked at me and looked at Anna, who met my gaze and blushed. "Maybe a little," she said, a cute little smile appearing on her face. "Good things, I hope," I replied. "Oh, don't worry," Katrina said. "You're practically a god in this girl's eyes. I had to cut you down a few notches, so that she knows you're actually just a lowly human, like the rest of us. So, you're welcome."