13 Anna's POV

He made sure that my feet were planted firmly on the ground, before removing his hands from my waist. He let one trail down my side, over my hip, until his palm met mine. After he took my hand, he cleared his throat. "You look....absolutely breathtaking," he whispered into my ear. When his warm breath floated over my skin, I shivered. Electricity. This man was super charge and was just sending waves of electricity over me with everything he did. "Thank you," I whispered. "Okay, you two kids have fun!" Sam exclaimed, pulling open the door for us. "No curfew tonight. Take your time! Now, get out." My mouth fell open, but Kat and Colby started laughing. "Eager, aren't we?" Colby said, in a teasing tone. "Very," Sam replied, before shoving Colby's keys and wallet into his free hand. "See ya, bye!" "Sam!" Kat cried, trying to keep from laughing. "Chill!" He grabbed her around the waist, and pulled her harshly up against his body. "Never," he replied sweetly, then his hand came down on her backside, and my eyes widened at the sharp crack that sounded out. Kat just laughed again. "Yeah, time to go," Colby said, pulling me out the door with him. I glanced back to see Sam and Kat kissing, feverishly, before he kicked the door closed. "Wow," I whispered. Of course I had seen them kiss before, and show love to each other, but it had never been quite like that. I heard Colby chuckle deeply under his breath. My face started to flush again, when I thought about the fact that Sam had just kicked us out so that he could...have alone time with Kat. Pair that with the way that Colby had just made me feel simply by looking at me, and my face literally felt like it was just on flames. He opened my door for me, and waited for me to sit, before he closed it and walked around to his side. I hastily tried to pull my skirt down, before he opened the door. There wasn't much to work with though, so it didn't move much. Once he got settled, and started the car, he looked over at me. "So, did you remember what your favorite foods are?" he asked. "Um, yeah...I kind of have a lot," I replied. He laughed and threw the car in reverse. "Of course you do. I do too. What would you like to start with? Looks like we've got a while before we will be allowed to come back home." I giggled a little, and stole a glance at him. When I was a ghost, he had been one of the most handsome men that I had ever seen. I hadn't realized it then, but my vision had been hazy. Like there was some sort of dim fog over everything, distorting it ever so slightly. Now when I looked at him, he was simply...perfect. Don't get me wrong. I know that no one is perfect, but even his flaws were perfect. The tiny mole under his eye that I had never noticed before. The way his hair was getting just a little too long, and fell over his eyes. His eyes. They were just blue eyes. Beautiful on their own, but now...now, I noticed the way the shade would slightly change based on his mood. Or the way his pupils, which were already usually larger than normal, blowed out, threatening to obscure the rest, when he got...excited. "Anna?" "Huh?" I asked, grateful that the car was dark so that he couldn't see the way I was blushing, yet AGAIN. "What do you want to get first?" Food. I was supposed to answer him about food. "I'm not sure," I mused, and tried to think about it, for real. When I did, it was like a menu had opened up in my mind, showing me picture after picture of different kinds of mouth watering foods. "Honestly, anything. I can't make up my mind. How about you choose? You did a pretty good job of that last time and I enjoyed everything. I do want one thing though, but it's kind of like dessert." "Oh yeah? What's that?" he asked, glancing at me with a big grin, before looking back at the road. "Pop Rocks," I answered. He let out a loud bellow of a laugh. "Seriously? Pop Rocks? That's what you want?" I swatted at his arm, and laughed. "Stop laughing at me! Yes, I want Pop Rocks. I use to love those things. it was so rad feeling them pop and crackle in your mouth. That's dessert though. You can pick the rest." He shook his head, still wearing that giant grin. "You will never cease to amaze me," he said, then reached over and placed his hand on my thigh, palm up. I just looked at it, stupidly, for a few seconds, before I placed my hand in his and let them rest on my thigh. I had to look away from him, from his hand. I had to try and get my mind off the way his palm was warm, but there was a coolness to the back of his hand. The AC was on in the car, so I assumed that the vent was pointed at his hands on the steering wheel. Every time he hit a bump or needed to turn the car, our hands would shift a little further up on my leg. There weren't even any clothes there to buffer the feeling. Damn this short ass skirt! I hit the button to let my window down and stared out at the night flying by. I had always loved the night more than day. There was just something so peaceful about it. The sounds that were always so loud would quiet. The cars, the people, the animals. All of it. Well, unless it was the weekend in LA. Or anytime in LA really. New York might've been referred to as the City that Never Sleeps, but LA had to be just as bad. I didn't know from experience, since I had never been anywhere outside of California, but the city was always alive. Some times were quieter than others, but it was never fully asleep. Watching the colors of the day melt down, swirling together until they made the inky darkness that surrounded us now, was something that I would always love. Seeing as how I had been stuck somewhere called the Darkness for quite a while, you would think that would've changed. This was different though. The Darkness that I had been a part of for so long wasn't just dark. It was a void. It was void of everything except pain.