159

Everything was dark and my entire body was throbbing in pain. What had happened? I was lying in silence, so I took a moment to try and remember. We had been preparing for the fight with Lilith. Sam, Kat, Anna, and I, along with the witches, ghosts, and Ash. Did someone accidently hit me in practice? Is that what happened? No, I didn't think that was it...I was missing something...Lilith. She had been there. I remembered now. I remembered her lips on mine and the way my stomach heaved in disgust. I remembered powering through it, even though I could feel Anna's eyes on me. I remembered hearing her hurt gasp at something that I had said. Did Lilith kill me? Did she figure out what I was doing and end it? Was I in the Afterlife? No, I didn't think so. My body was hurting way too much for me to be dead. I remembered the feeling of being electrocuted, mixed with the feeling of a million hot pokers stabbing me all over, while I had been kissing Lilith. It must have been Ash and Anna hitting me with their Soul Blast. That was my own little name for what their special powers. I remembered hitting my knees, with the force of the pain, then nothing. That's when everything went black. Oh God! What if I had missed the entire thing?! What if I woke up and all of the people that I loved were dead? I struggled against the dark calm that I was locked into, until I heard a low voice murmuring something. My eyelids felt like they cemented down, but I finally got them to crack open. Anna was standing over me, with her back to me. "An-" I croaked, then moaned with the pain that followed. Yeah, my body was hating me right then. I had to power through the pain though. I could see Anna, so I knew that she was alive, but what about the others? What about Sam and Kat? I struggled to sit up, and bit my lip to hold in the groans of pain. Once I succeeded, I let out a heavy breath and wiped the sweat from my forehead. "Anna," I said again, looking up at her back. "Is everyone okay? Did we do it? Is Lilith dead?" That's when I noticed that someone was standing in front of her. Someone that had been blocked from my view. But as she turned towards me, I could see clearly who it was. Lilith. My heart started to race, as my eyes widened. Lilith smiled down at me, then reached her hand out towards Anna. "No!" I yelled, struggling to stand. I fell back down, before I could even make it to my knees. I wanted to yank Anna out of the way, to save her from the witch, but there was nothing I could do. Why was she just standing there, smiling at me like that? Something was wrong. Very, very wrong. I cringed as Lilith's hand reached Anna's shoulder and rested there. "Something the matter, lover?" Anna asked, keeping that creepy ass grin pointed at me. Then I knew. What I had dreaded, what she had known, had happened. Lilith had control of her. "Let her go, you BITCH!" I screamed at her. She let out a sadistic peal of laughter, then rolled her eyes at me. "Tut, tut now," she said, pouting her full lips out. "That's not very nice of you. Do you think I'm a bitch, Anna?" I wanted to throw up, when I saw the look of adoration on Anna's face as she turned her head to look at Lilith. "Of course not! You are the most beautiful, regal, powerful witch of all time! You amaze me with your generosity towards us, simply by letting us live at the same time as you," Anna gushed. "Let her go," I growled, as I tried to stand again. This time I managed to make it to my feet. After a minute of wobbling, my body remembered what it was supposed to do. "I don't think your boyfriend likes me, Anna," Lilith pouted, while she ran her sharp tipped nails through Anna's hair. "What should we do with him?" Anna glanced at me, and just for a second, I saw her. I saw her there, in her eyes. The same emerald green eyes that I had fallen in love with. The same emerald green eyes that had saved us from Lilith the very first time I had seen them. I had to save her now. Then she was gone, regarding me with a look of indifference. "Whatever you want to do with him, my Queen," she replied. I looked around at the rest of the people surrounding us. Why wasn't anyone doing anything?! They were all just watching and waiting. I knew why they weren't doing anything, but my mind still didn't accept it. They couldn't do anything without hurting Anna or myself. I caught Sam's eyes and begged him silently to help me. There was a lost look in his blue eyes that I wasn't used to seeing. This made me feel defeated, more than anything else. "So, you don't mind if I hurt him then?" Lilith asked Anna, while she stared at me with that sadistic grin. "Of course not. You must have a good reason," Anna replied, then smiled at me. Only it wasn't her smile. It was Lilith's. "That's good," Lilith cooed. Then, before I had a chance to think, or even comprehend what was about to happen, a pain so fierce rocked my body, that it stole my breath and I fell to one knee. I bit my lip to keep from screaming. "Oh poo, I don't think I did it hard enough," Lilith pouted. Anna let out a stupid little giggle and continued to watch me. "Anna, please," I groaned, holding out my hand to her. "Oh no, you don't," Lilith said. She held her hand out and closed her fist, while staring at me. This time, I couldn't hold back the scream. Pain ripped through every cell of my being. The only other time I could remember feeling anything close to this, was the pain that I had from the demon bite. It was that, only 100 times worse. "This is for thinking you could trick me! Men, fucking MEN, always trying to use a woman for their own personal gain. Not this time. Not ever again!" she screamed at me. The pain intensified somehow, and I knew that I was about to blackout again. "STOP!" I thought I heard someone yell, but my own screams were drowning everything else out.