130

I grimaced, knowing that it was probably going to hurt a lot. "You won't get the full blast but it will probably hurt. As soon as you feel it, move. Because, it will be back to back against her, soul after soul, using their light against her darkness. When the last one passes through her, it's then up to you two and Katrina. You will grasp hands and bring every good memory together that you can think of to your minds. Think about them strongly. Remember the touch of things, the emotions that you felt, the smells that you smelt. Everything. Remember the day that you became friends, the day it all began. Then, push all of that out of yourselves and towards her. Like you're throwing a football directly at her face. Just sling it out, straight towards her. Once you've done that step, Katrina, you can step back here with Anna and I. We will keep you safe. You two," he said, pointing at Sam and I. "You will keep your hands clasped and go even further back. Back to when you two first met. The first day you felt that connection that started the friendship. The first time you felt, in your soul, that this person was your soulmate. Then, do the same as before, only just with moments that you two shared alone. Build the emotions, the love, the strength that you give each other. Everything. Then, when I say, you will throw that at her with every bit of strength you have left. Got it?" What the fuck? How in the hell was I supposed to remember all that? Okay, spirit calling, kiss the demon bitch, get electrocuted, move, watch the fireworks, connect with Sam and Kat. Throw the memories at her, Kat leaves, and Sam and I start the next part alone. We throw everything at her. Okay, got it. I traded a confused glance with Sam, then we both nodded. "Um, how do we throw memories at her?" Sam inquired, creasing his forehead in confusion. Ash smiled at him. "That's why you're here," he replied, gently. "I'm going to teach you how to do that." "Oh...okay then," Sam replied, still looking as confused as ever. I could relate. "I'm going to work with you two three first," Ash responded. "Then, I'm going to let you practice while I go over here and work with Anna on calling the spirits. Okay?" We all nodded and stood in the center of the room awkwardly, waiting on our instructions. I felt like I was at Hogwarts or something, waiting for that little dwarf dude with the bushy mustache to instruct us on our next magical spell. "Let's get started then," he replied, rubbing his hands together, with a satisfied smile on his face. "You three should hold hands, so that you are connected. Then, like I said before, start thinking of the first time you were all together. Then, the first time that you actually felt like friends. It doesn't matter if you think of different times, as long as the sentiment is the same. So, go ahead and start doing that, with your eyes closed." "We're going to have to face the Darkness with our eyes closed?" I asked, raising my eyebrows. "If you can master this, then no, you won't have too. But, if it's hard for you to concentrate on the memories with your eyes open, then yes. The only way this will work is if your mind is solely on those memories and feelings. You can't let anything else distract you. Even if there is a war going on around you, which there will be, you can't let it distract you. It's easier to start learning with your eyes closed," Ash replied. "So, close your eyes and start concentrating." I sighed and held out my hand to Sam. He clapped his into mine, then offered his other hand to Katrina. Once we were joined, Sam and I shared another look, then I closed my eyes. I let the memories of when I had first met Katrina flood my mind. She was a little younger than me, kind of out of place at the event that we were at. I felt connected to her, because of that, since I felt out of place too. I remembered introducing her to Sam, and the way he looked at her. I saw it in his eyes before he knew it himself. This girl was going to be his everything. She, on the other hand, wasn't so sure. It took her a little bit longer to realize that she was falling for him. I heard some kind of scraping noise in the room around me, so I pushed it away and concentrated harder. The three of us attending concerts together, jumping around, yelling and acting stupid. The way I felt when she and Sam finally made it official. I wasn't sure how I felt about that because, in a way, it was like I was losing Sam to her. There was a sharp crackling sound, then I heard Ash speak. "Only positive thoughts. Do NOT let the negative ones in." I knew he was talking to me, but that thought led up to the amazing memories. I didn't lose Sam at all. I gained a little sister, who was just as weird as I was. Sam was happier than I had ever seen him, which made me happy. I brought up every single time that it was just the three of us, hanging out, eating, doing dumb shit, whatever. I thought about them all and let them flick through my mind, like a slideshow. Sometimes, I would slow the slideshow down and concentrate on one image. Like the time we went to eat at a fast food restaurant and climbed into the kiddy playzone. The smell of cheeseburgers filled my nose, while my ears were overflowing with the sound of our laughter when Kat got stuck in one of the areas. I smiled to myself and lingered on the memory. It was one of my favorites. One where we were completely our idiot selves. The first time that I knew Katrina was just as crazy and silly as we were. The time that I knew she was perfect for my best friend. "Good, good. You guys are doing great," Ash encouraged us. "Now, imagine that those memories circle around all three of you, keeping you inside their bubble. Imagine that the bubble fills up completely with those memories. Thicken the skin of the bubble, making it impenetrable. Then I want you to use a signal for each other. Maybe just squeeze each other's hands."