157 Anna's POV

I hated this. I hated it with every cell of my being. I didn't like the way Colby was holding her hand, almost caressing her. I didn't like the way she put her hand on his face, lingering over his cheek, then running it down his chest to his arm. I wanted to blast everything I had at her. Right then, as I felt the power building up in me from my anger, I knew that I could beat her. Maybe not alone, but I was more confident in my abilities than I ever had been. Hell, I hadn't even really accepted them until this point. When I wanted to use them more than anything. Maybe there was a little of Lilith still in me, because the bloodlust was rearing its ugly head again, only this time, it was aimed at her. Colby was standing directly in front of her, so I didn't have a clear view, or shot, but I could see enough. I dreaded what I knew was coming. I kept repeating 'it has to be done, it has to be done,' over and over in my head. "Maybe I just need a real woman and not a scared little girl," I heard Colby say. I gasped involuntarily and clapped my hand over my mouth. Those words, even though I knew he was only saying them to convince Lilith that he wanted her, ripped straight through my heart. Lilith scoffed and threw me a dirty look over his shoulder. It wasn't hard to look like my heart was just ripped out, because it kind of had been. She flipped her hair back and turned her attention back to him. "Of course you do. You're a man, who needs a woman. Not a simpering child," she replied, draping her arm behind his neck and resting her nails at the base. I was going to kill her. "You know, you remind me of someone from long ago. His hair was a little different, his eyes a different shade, his lips a little less full...but so, so similar." I watched as she touched each part of him as she called it out. When she touched her fingers to his lips, I felt like I had been kicked in the gut. I wanted to throw up. I was glad that I couldn't see his face that well. I just knew I wouldn't be able to hold it back if I saw him giving her that look of his. The look that made me weak in the knees and stole my breath. The look that made me feel beautiful and sexy, like I was the only woman that mattered in the entire world. If I saw him give her that look, MY look, I wouldn't be able to handle it. I saw him shift to the side, just a little and I knew it was coming. I sucked in a deep breath, just as he tilted his head and leaned down. Pain ripped through my chest as soon as his lips touched her. They moved flawlessly with her own. I was transfixed, swimming in my own despair, for a moment. They fit together so well. Almost like... I shook the thought from my head and waited for Colby to move out of the line of fire. It was still going to travel through her to him, since they were connected, but it wouldn't hit him directly. His arms wrapped around her waist, as hers circled his neck, and he pulled her closer to him. He couldn't really be enjoying that...could he? I pressed my fingers against my lips to keep in the acid that threatened to exit my mouth. He moved his feet, turning her with him, so that we had a perfect shot. Only, we also had a perfect view of just how heated the kiss was getting. I was frozen, unable to look away, like it was a train wreck with the carnage spread out in front of me. I felt someone nudge my elbow, breaking my trance. I looked to my right and saw Ash shake his head a little, then motion his hand around us. He was reminding me know that this was all in the plan, and that it was now time to play my part. Okay. I could do that. The spirits were waiting for our signal. When we were ready, I would take in as many as I could at one time, then shoot them forwards, straight at Lilith. I was so ready to take this bitch down, to hurt her like she had hurt me. This was all vengeance on my part. I wanted to see her suffer. Not just for making Colby do this disgusting thing, but also for the pain that she had put me through. The endless hours of torture. For stealing my time with my family away from me. My dad...she stole what little time I had with him. I would never get to even see him again. The rage and sorrow for what I had lost boiled through my blood. My fingers felt like electricity was pooling in them, waiting to be released. I watched as Colby's fingers tightened in the fabric at the small of her back, as his lips moved with hers. I couldn't keep watching this. Colby shifted a little more to the side, taking her with him with each slight movement. This gave us an even better target that before. Ash nodded ever so slightly and touched my wrist. It was time. I let my hand fall down to my side and crooked my pointer and middle fingers, signaling the spirits that it was time to come to me. I could see them, but I knew that they weren't visible to anyone else, besides Ash. There was a certain pearlescence glow to them when they were invisible, outlining their bodies, like an aura. The young girl that had led us through the forest, what was her name? She stepped in front of me first. I watched as she faded from my view and left a small glowing ball of light in her place. It was her soul, her essence, her life force. Whatever you wanted to call it. It was the same thing. The ball floated towards me, seeming to be in slow motion, only I knew that this was all happening rather quickly. I had asked Ash about why it seemed this way to me. He said it was because I was slowing down my mind, taking in everything, so that I could accept what was happening and my body wouldn't freak out, like it had before. The ball of light drifted forwards until it touched my chest. I felt a jolt of warmth start there, over my heart, and sucked in my breath. This was so I didn't get sick. The ball of light pushed through my body, until it was gone. She was finished. I let out my breath and waited for the next one.