91 Anna's POV

Maybe I could work up to the other things...if we survived, that was. "We're here," I heard Colby say, in a hushed tone. I drew my gaze away from the moon, and looked to see where we were. Ash's home looked different to me now. The glass home had the moon's reflection in some of the windows, but the ones that were lit up had people milling around inside. Those weren't people. I wasn't sure how I knew but I did. Those people were ghosts. Why could I see them? "Do you see them?" I whispered, when we got out of the car and faced the home. Sam and Colby both looked at me with confusion. "See who?" Sam asked. "The people. The ghosts," I replied, pointing to a particular room that had several of the ghosts looking at me. "Wait, you see someone?" Colby asked, looking toward the home. I nodded. "I wonder why we can't see them this time," he mused. I vaguely remembered coming here before. Inside of the doll. "Come on," Sam said, and started walking towards the house. Colby looked at me and held his hand out. I took it and we followed behind Sam. The man with the long hair, Ash, opened it before Sam could knock. "Hello again, boys," he drawled, smiling at Sam and Colby. "Hey Ash," Colby replied, holding his hand out for Ash to shake. "Thanks for seeing us so quickly." Ash took Colby's hand in his, then covered it with his other hand. "Absolutely. What are friends for? Well, don't just stand there! Come in, come in!" He let Colby's hand go, and backed up so that we could enter. "Oh, Anna," he breathed, when I walked past. I stopped and looked back at him. "Do you remember me?" he asked, before he closed the front door. I nodded. "I do...but it's hazy. Like a dream that I can barely remember," I replied. "Yes, I suppose it is different seeing things through death's eyes and then through life's. You are just as beautiful as I remember though. I was glad to hear that you weren't actually a ghost. It seems our boy Colby has rather strong feelings for you," he replied, then winked at me. I felt my face flame up and didn't bother looking at Colby. I was beginning to think that my blushing was a medical condition, maybe some kind of side effect of being in a coma for 30 something years. Maybe it was just Colby's effect on me. That was probably it. I swear, I didn't use to blush so damn easily. "I think we'll be more comfortable in the living room. Right through there," Ash said, then pointed us towards a large spacious room. Inside was a furry green wraparound couch, sitting in the middle of the glass room. Why were the walls made of glass? It was weird. Kinda cool...but weird. Then I noticed that we couldn't see out of all of the glass panes. They were reflective. The only ones that we could see out of were the ones placed on the outside of the house, like windows, showing us the woods and lakes. Sam, Colby, and I sat down on the couch, close together. "Would you like anything to drink, before we get started?" Ash asked. I looked up, to answer him, then gasped when I saw a blonde woman standing next to him. Where had she come from? She was almost completely naked, with just her long blonde hair hiding her breasts from my view. She wore long, green, wraparound skirt that reached down to her bare feet. I glanced at Sam and Colby to see if they had noticed her. There was no surprise on their faces at all. "Water would be fine," Sam said. Colby nodded, then looked at me. "You want a water?" he asked, then narrowed his eyes. "What's wrong, Anna?" I looked back to where the woman was, to see if I was imagining her, but she was still there. Smiling at me. She lifted her fingers in a little wave, and threw her head back in a laugh. Didn't they hear her at least? "Anna?" Colby called my name again, worry seeping into his voice. "I'm fine," I replied, noticing that voice almost squeaked out. "Water is fine." I watched as she followed Ash out of the room. "What's wrong?" Colby asked quietly, peering in the direction of the woman. "You didn't see her?" I asked. Why was I the only one that could see her? It didn't make sense. When I was a ghost, everyone could see me, when I became visible. So, why couldn't they see her? "See who? Do you see another ghost?" Sam asked, leaning towards us. "Not now," I answered, before taking a deep breath. "But I did. She was standing right next to Ash. I don't understand why you can't see her. If she's making herself visible, then you should see her." "Hmm," Colby replied. "Maybe you have a connection to the spirit realm. Like Ash." "Then why hasn't it worked before now?" I mused. He shrugged. "Maybe it has and you just didn't noticed." "Well, that's not fucking terrifying or anything," I muttered, imagining that there had been ghosts all around me but I had thought that they were real people. Was that even possible? Ash walked back in then, with the blonde beside him. "You really don't see her?!" I exclaimed, standing up and pointing at her. "Whoa, Anna, calm down," Colby replied, standing up next to me. He put his arms around my waist, and looked into my eyes. "It's okay. We'll figure out what's going on." "I knew she could see me," the blonde giggled, making her hair shift and reveal things that I didn't care to see. "You can see Barbie?" Ash asked, glancing at the woman and then back to me. "Barbie?" I scoffed. I wasn't irritated at the woman, more at myself, but it was coming out that way. "What's wrong with my name?" she asked. The smile left her face as she cocked her eyebrow at me. "Nothing," I replied, shrugging my shoulder. "It's perfect for you." "Watch it, little girl," she huffed out. "I'm so confused right now," Sam replied. His eyes were going from me to Ash, then back to me. Colby was just staring at me, like I had either lost my mind, or he had lost his. "This is new," Ash mused. "Let's sit and see what we can make of it."