19.

Dumbledore had in fact fled custody the night Umbridge and her inquisitorial squad had found the DA. 

And what Lea and Mya had once again failed to remember was that damn piece of paper in the Room of Requirements that had each of their names written on there. So, even though they escaped capture that night, their real torture would soon find them. 

Umbridge rounded them all up, and with her new powers as Head Mistress, she put them all in detention.

Mya's left hand ached as she repeatably wrote I will think before speaking. The wound that had almost been healed up from the beginning of the year torture she had received. Now, after a week of doing this, it was going to be permanently on her for the rest of her life.

Lea pinched her eyes a bit, but pushed through with continuing to write. The pain wasn't permanent, but it sure as hell hurt like a bitch. Draco may have let her go that night, but her name was on the list and even he couldn't change that once Umbridge got her hands on it. Not to mention the fact, he refused to even look at her now. Like she had done something very wrong and deserved to be punished. And that pissed Lea off more, because he had no right to be mad at her. She had done the right thing with joining the DA. And if he could not see that, maybe she was just blind to who he really was. 

Umbridge sat at the front of the hall in Dumbledore's chair, looking very pleased with herself as she sipped on her tea. "I believe that is enough for today. Maybe tomorrow, you will all have learned your lesson."

Everyone threw down their quills, sending her death glares, before they collected their things and tried to get out of the hall as fast as they could. 

Fred put his hand on Mya's lower back, her body instantly leaning into his side as they walked out of the hall.

"I'm just glad Hermione put that curse on the paper," Mya kept flexing and unflexing her hand, thinking it might make the pain go away faster. 

"Yeah," Fred chuckled. "I hope it lasts forever."

Marietta Edgecombe had snitched out the DA to Umbridge. However, when Fudge came around to ask her what happened, the girl was too hysterical to even tell her what she knew. Because on the piece of parchment Hermione had everyone sign was laced with a curse if you betrayed the DA. Now Marietta had the word sneak written out in pimples on her forehead. And rightfully so. 

Fred did not lead Mya back to the common room. Instead, he took them in the direction of the kitchens, knowing she would need a pick me up. He had done this every night since they were given detention.

It became almost a routine at this point for them. They would sit down at the small table across from each other and Fred would ask for hot chocolate and a plate of biscuits. Mya had given him an odd look the first time he had ordered the plate of biscuits. Then she realized it was another of those weird things British people did because a plate of cookies showed up and not the flour based biscuits she was used to.