27.

Mya walked down the stairs, her slip on vans waiting at the bottom on the designated rack her father had to make sure dirt didn't get in the house. He was a neat freak, it was a part of the charm of being a Military family. And while Mya's appearance may not always be tidy, her room always was. Her bed made perfectly every day. 

Slipping on her shoes, she wrapped her hair up into a ponytail to keep it out of her face.

"Honey is that you?" Sophia walked out of the office, her reading glasses on her face. "Where are you going?"

"Just across the street to Lea's," She jumped a bit as she put on her shoes. "I wanted to check on her. She wasn't in class on Friday, again."

"She needs to be more careful," Sophia shook her head. "Her mother's been calling me, she's worried about what Lea is going through. But, of course, Lea's not telling her anything."

"So her mother knows," Mya hummed. "Well, this is getting out of hand. She's obsessing now to a very unhealthy point."

"Just be kind when you talk to her," Sophia gave her daughter a look. 

"I will," Mya smiled as she pulled open the front door. "I'll be back by eleven."

Mya walked out of her house and to the sideway on her street. Looking both ways to make sure no cars were coming, she crossed over to the yellow painted house. 

They didn't live on the base of the army, but it was close. Which meant a lot of the high ranking officers lived in this neighborhood. Many of whom were enjoying their Sunday off, she could even smell a barbeque that was probably happening at the Winston's house down the street.

Her knuckles tapped on the front door before she took a step back, waiting for someone to answer it.

The door was pulled open as Mya smiled down at the little boy with bright blonde hair. "Hi, Tanner. I thought your mom said not to open the door anymore."

"I looked through the window first," Tanner defended himself. "I saw it was you. Mommy said it was okay if it was you."

"Tanner, who are you talking to?" Lea's mother, Kim, walked over to the door, smiling upon seeing Mya. "Hi darling, what brings you over?"

"I wanted to check in on Lea," Mya told her. "See if I can get her out of the house, maybe take her to the movies."

"I would very much appreciate that," Kim let her in. When Mya walked inside, she shut the door. "She just stays trapped in there most the time, in her room. Doesn't even come down to eat dinner with us anymore."

"Yeah, I heard," Mya felt guilty she could not tell her why her daughter was acting so out of her normal behavior. 

"Mya, do you want to see my new toys!" Tanner jumped up and down.