61.

Two months into this whole parenting thing, Mya and Fred had finally been able to find some sort of rhythm in it all. And it helped that Matty was now finally started to have a routine down for when he would sleep. 

Mya sat on the porch, looking out at the crashing waves in the distance. Matty was under her shirt, feeding and reminding her why her boobs always hurt. But it was the most beautiful snd natural way to connect with her son. Or at least that's what she kept telling herself to get through it. 

The back door opened up, and Fred walked out and smiling when he saw her. "Hello, love." He leaned down kissing her cheek. "How did I know I'd find you out here?"

"I love the water, that's why," Mya smiled. "My mom used to take us to it all the time growing up."

"Yes, well, beaches in America are probably easier to swim in," Fred chuckled, taking a seat in the other rocking chair. 

"Well, yes. California can be quite tricky depending on the beach," Mya said. "But I like the beaches in Mexico more. They're just so much prettier down south."

"Maybe we can go down there sometime," Fred suggested. "I mean, we never did get a proper honeymoon."

"Oh yeah, and when are we going to schedule that in between feeding and fighting for our lives," Mya let out a little giggle.

"Maybe after," Fred shrugged. 

"After?" Mya raised a brow.

"Yeah... after the battle you told me about," Fred said.

Mya looked at him in shock, he had always been the one who tried to keep perspective in mind over his fate. She had to adjust Matty though because he had decided he was full at the moment. Pulling him out from under her shirt, she positioned him over her shoulder. Patting his back to burp him.

"What?" Fred shrugged again. "I think, maybe, it'd be nice if we planned a trip for after all this. Maybe not to the beach more that I think about it, as you've rudely pointed to me several times, I'm very pale."

"Fred," Mya smiled softly. "I would literally go anywhere with you after this is all over."

***

Lea and Draco had decided not to go back to school right away. Both of them had the opportunity to say at the Malfoy Manner for the first couple of weeks at the start of term. And she had known that Snape's threat was not one he could keep. 

But Lea also hated being at this house. For all the obvious reasons, along with the fact that there were prisoners being held down in the basement. Sometimes she swore she could hear them down there at night. 

And then there was the fact that just being in a house with Peter Pettigrew made her violently angry. He was the reason her birth parents were in that grave she visited on Christmas Eve. Nothing gave her more joy though than to see him cowering in corners like the disgusting vermin he was.