23.

The next day, Mya stuck by Harry's side like she was glued to it. Making all matter of excuses as to why this was, not wanting to tell him the truth about her's and Lea's plan. 

"You need to stick with Harry," Lea said the night before. "Once he has his prophecy, it's only going to be an hour before they leave for the Ministry and we need to be with them."

"Okay, I like that plan," Mya nodded her head. "However, maybe, and hear me out here, we don't go. No one goes. Easiest way to keep Sirius alive."

"If we do that, the Wizarding world doesn't believe Voldemort is back and Harry never hears the prophecy," Lea pointed out. "As much as I don't like it, we have to go."

"How are we going to protect Sirius then?" Mya asked. "There's no way Bellatrix is going to not kill him if we ask nicely."

Lea bit her bottom lip. "I got a plan... I just don't think you will like it."

So, Mya stuck with her end of the plan. Which wasn't too hard of a task to do as she was generally around the golden trio. And since what happened to McGonagall, Harry seemed to be in a mood for discussing things. 

"We aren't safe here anymore," Hermione whispered at breakfast. "I heard the other professor talking, they're worried now that McGonagall is gone. Umbridge has too much power."

"It's not like we can do much," Ron sulked. "She's reading all our mail. Can't send any letters out asking for help."

"Mya?" Hermione looked over at the girl. "Do you know-"

"Nothing, no, nothing at all," She shook her head vigorously back and forth, only stopping when she feared she might have given herself whiplash. "I can tell you McGonagall will recover. Quickly? No. It's going to be a long process for her."

"I should go talk to her," Harry tried to stand up from his seat.

"Nope," Mya pulled him back down by his sleeve. "Pomfrey will just tell you she's an old woman who took a lot of stunners and is going to be transferred to Saint Mungo's to get extra help."

"Bloody hell, can't you just tell us something," Ron gave her a look.

"Don't touch the brain," Mya shrugged. 

***

Lea had been tucked away in the Library, knowing this would be the easiest way for Mya to access her. And in doing so, was reading up on all the advanced defensive spells she could. If she was going to do this, she was going to do this right.

There was so much riding on this plan that needed to go right, or they could end up in a much worse place than it is originally supposed to go.

"There you are."