9.

The following day, everything was different for the two girls

Mya had still felt the tingly sensation of Fred's lips on her after their encounter last night. To say it was one of her most memorable kisses would be an understatement. She felt dizzy as they pulled away both of them stood with deep red blushes and staggered breathing.  

"Um..." Fred scratched the back of his neck trying to think of something to say.

"Thank you!" Mya had said in a hurry before she ran up to her room.

Thank you? She thanked him?! Mya had been mortified after that. She did not dare to look at anyone with red hair the next day as she sat down for breakfast with a groan. Mya could not believe how stupid she had been. 

"You okay there?" Ron asked her causing Mya to let out a squeak before she sat up.

"I'm fine!" Mya told him trying to remain calm. "Everything is fine!"

"Alright then you nutter," Ron gave her a skeptical look before he continued to devour his food. 

"Are you sure your okay?" Hermione asked as she looked worried towards her new friend.

"She 'aid she was fine," Ron said with a shrug as he shoved more food in his mouth. 

"Do you ever stop eating?" Hermione asked as she looked disgusted by the boy.

"What? I'm hungry," Ron shrugged as he took another bite of his sausage link.

Hermione shook her head as she looked over towards the entrance of the hall and spotted someone walking over to them. 

"Harry..." Hermione acknowledged him as he got closer.

"Can I join you?" Harry asked them. 

"Did you bring food?" Mya raised a brow. 

"There's food in fount of you," Harry pointed out. 

"Good point," Mya smirked before she started to grab some eggs and place them on her plate. She didn't get too far in this endeavor though, because loud voices at the entrance of the hall caused her to stop.

"Padon me, Professor, but what exactly are you insinuating?" The Great Hall got silent as they heard Umbridge's voice. 

"Oh this can't be good," Hermione said as they got up and walked out of the hall to see Umbridge and McGonagall in a heated argument. 

"I am merely requesting that when it comes to my students, you conform to the prescribed disciplinary practices," McGonagall said as they stopped on this middle of the steps, the whole of the great hall had come out to see this event unfold.  

"So silly of me, but it sounds as if you're questioning my authority in my own classroom, Minerva," Umbridge took another step up to try and look more superior.