- Dead Gifts ‗ ❍

Reviewer : May SeokJins_Yeonin_rh

Book : Dead Gifts

Author : Aesthetic
vip3012

𝐑𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰𝐞𝐫 𝐂𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐚

Dᴇsᴄʀɪᴘᴛɪᴏɴ: 0.5/5
The only thing it has is a subtitle and even though it is quite attractive I'll suggest adding a dialogue from the story and then a short description of what the book is about, to make sure that it doesn't reveal the main plot too much. 

Cᴏᴠᴇʀ: 3/5 
The cover is pretty attractive, I like the aura it emits but it looks like something from ancient times. Maybe the plot will revolve around the female lead discovering the portrait of Taehyung and so on or time travel or supernatural, maybe then the cover perfectly fits but if it is something out of these contexts then the cover might not match. The font size for the title can be a bit bigger in my opinion, it’s too small.

Tɪᴛʟᴇ: 3.5/5
It’s fresh, something unique but I'll suggest changing "dead" to another fancy synonym of dead. Also, write in normal fonts, nowadays judges cut marks for writing in aesthetic fonts because not many can see that font, the same goes for it in the description. 

Fɪʀsᴛ Iᴍᴘʀᴇssɪᴏɴ: 4/5
The blurb kinda disappointed me only but the rest were really attractive. 

Rᴇᴀᴅᴇʀs Iɴᴛᴇʀᴀᴄᴛɪᴏɴ: 5/5
It’s fairly good if I compare it with the no. of views, votes, and comments. 

Sᴛᴏʀʏ Pʟᴏᴛ: 11.5/15
For now, it looks pretty okay. The first chapter was really confusing at first but then I realized you showed something from the past and the real story starts from after the two parts. 
The pace is okay, slightly fast, but the flow is a bit rough, the scenes don't make sense like why did she act like that.
But I have high hopes for this plot because it looks really interesting, at least the concept does.

Pʟᴏᴛ Tᴡɪsᴛ: 3/10 
You have the element of surprise, use it properly. As it’s still an ongoing plot, I can’t tell much but the twists have to be good. I can’t think of any so I can’t help much here so you have to use your creative author mind.

Gʀᴀᴍᴍᴀʀ: 5/10
There were many grammar mistakes ranging from capitalization mistakes to punctuation mistakes, typos to missing words, and tense mistakes. Avoid using abbreviated words like “didn’t”, “I’ll”, etc. You really need to proofread your chapters and if you think that your grammar is not good then I suggest giving it away in an editing shop.
The only thing that’s good in your grammar is that your sentence structures are correct and so is your vocabulary.

Eᴍᴏᴛɪᴏɴs Aɴᴅ Fᴇᴇʟ: 2/10
The scenes were described way too fast, I couldn’t feel anything but annoyance like I was “why is she acting like that-” when she was a total rude person to her mother and then her conversation with Jungkoook, I couldn’t feel the awkwardness that much.
Take your time to describe the scenes, don’t rush it, and use strong vocabulary words.

Cʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ Dᴇᴠᴇʟᴏᴘᴇᴍᴇɴᴛ: 3/10 
The character, her friend Byul, is really toxic. What she said was not something a friend should say, I get it yeah that her mom shouldn't dictate her life like that and I’m not saying that her mom is completely correct but instead of making the lead think that her mom was fully wrong, she could have chosen a neutral spot. I don’t like that character but I’m happy that the lead has a common-sense between right and wrong. I know the constant “nos'’ can hurt someone but I don’t think it can put anyone in depression, in my opinion. Just cause she didn’t let her hang out with her friends, she fell into depression? It's a bit illogical. If there is more to it like she didn’t let her do what she dreamed of doing, etc. then I would say being depressed is justifiable and some parts of her good academic results, her mom contributes to them too. If she didn’t lock her up, she wouldn’t study much-I mean you got my point right? She needs to develop a lot, she’s still really immature. A mature person will think both sides and out of the box sometimes as well.

Wᴀʏ Oғ Wʀɪᴛɪɴɢ: 7/10
It’s simple and not very descriptive either. It also does not make me want to keep on reading in some places because of the grammar and very weak vocabulary. 
Describe more and read books that have very good vocabulary, it will help you improve your style.

Oᴠᴇʀᴀʟʟ: 6.5/10 
I have high expectations of this book but please, correct your grammar. It’s ruining the experience a lot.

𝐓𝐨𝐭𝐚𝐥: 54/100

__________________●○●○_______________

We hope you will take the reviews into consideration and will make your work best.

Please don't forget to follow your reviewer.

Thank you for visiting our shop !!