-Bloody Blue Ribbon ‗ ❍

Book: Bloody blue ribbon

Author: VeraChendra

Reviewer: ItsBangtanBeaches

Blurb (3/5) 

I think the blurb is great, but it's a little too lengthy. Before deciding to read a book I always read the blurb but if it's too long, it becomes boring and I lose my interest. Make it shorter. Plus it reveals most of the plot. 

Cover (3.5/5)

I love the cover. Represents the title perfectly. But there is no connection to the plot.  

Title (2/5)

Like I mentioned above, I don't feel there's much of a relevance to the storyline. Title should be chosen perfectly and thoughtfully to make it match perfectly with the story line.

First impression (4/5)

I loved the cover so there's that and although I did find the blurb a little too long, I loved the phrasing. So it was overall a good impression. 

Reader's interaction (6/5)

600 reads with 100 votes is a great ratio. That's good, try to interact with your readers more by asking them to vote or asking questions at the end of the chapters. 

Plot (13 /15)

Although I love the first chapter and I believe it's written beautifully, I also believe it should've been shorter. I love long chapters, don't get me wrong. When starting a book, I don't want all the information thrown at me at once. 

I'd rather get all the information slowly and with time. There was enough suspense, yes, but it was kind of a turn off. In simple words, there's too much happening at once. Other than that, I love the storyline, the characters, everything. It's awesome.

Plot twists (5/10)

I've read a couple of chapters and I haven't found anything major or something completely unexpected, but I'm pretty sure you have something great planned ahead. 

Grammar (7/10)

Make it a habit to use more commas, there are many missing. I could spot a couple of typos here and there. The editing is kind of messy, so I suggest proofreading once more. The first letter of a few words, mid sentence were unnecessarily capitalized. That's it.

Emotions and feelings (9.5/10)

The way you write gives me goosebumps. Most of your chapters are very intense, and I cannot lie. I love it. It's just perfect.

Character development (9.5/10)

Your characters all have different well developed personalities and stories. Simply awesome.

Writing style (7.5/10)

The tense isn't constant throughout the chapters. Most of the sentences were in the past tense but in a couple of places, they switched to the present tense.

Other than that, you have a wide range of vocabulary and your way with words is beautiful. You are super talented, and I hope you get the fame you deserve. 

Overall (8/10)

Avoid including pictures in between the chapters, this disrupts the flow of the reading and is kind of annoying. Attach the pictures at the end of the chapters and to help your readers understand better, describe the pictures.  

It was a great experience to review your book and I can say I've learned a thing or two ;). Good job. Great, even. 

Total: (79/100)