- Anchored Roses ‗ ❍

Author: @ClairMari29

Reviewer: TuesdaysLeftover

Please note that this review is only based on chapters (1-5) because of time constraints and/or it was updated after the review was written. Because of this, some aspects of this review may be incorrect or different as the review is not made considering the book as a whole. Thank you.

Description: 5/5

The description is written quite well and peaks interest. It does everything that a good description needs to do.

Cover: 5/5

The cover is made really well. It not only attracts attention, but it also seems to contain the main motifs of the book and showcases the protagonist.

Title: 1/5

It might be because I have not read the whole rest of the book, but I do not see how the title of the book correlates with the content of the book.

First Impression: 3/5

From the first few introductory chapters, it became very clear to me that a lot of work was put into this. I like how you had a short description for each character. The extensive list of characters though, was kind of intimidating. There were so many characters that it was really hard to remember them all, even though I just read about each of them.

Readers Interaction: 4/5

(Remember, the amount of readers and how much they interact with the book does not determine anything about the quality of a person’s writing. Reader’s interaction varies from many different things such as the writing style itself or amount of author’s notes among other things.)

There are quite a few votes and comments meaning your book is engaging.

Story Plot: 11/15

Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to read as much as I would have liked, but so far I think the plot is definitely heading into a very interesting direction.

Here are some of my notes or questions about the plot in specific areas of the book:
-The plot point in which Mauve gambles is very confusing. From the introductory chapters and beginning of the prologue, it gave the impression that it was some big secret that she has to help her father, but as the book goes on, it gives the exact opposite impression.
-It is unclear if Mauve is bilingual in English and Japanese or not. If not, how is she able to communicate with others when she arrives in Japan?
-I really really hope you know what gang bang means when you decided to use that phrase. (Ch. 4)
-Perspective should not change when in the same scene.

Plot Twist: 8/10

So far there are no parts of the book that can be described as a plot twist.

Grammar: 9/10

The book is quite good in using proper English grammar, yet there are some occasions in which there are some spelling mistakes.

Emotions and Feel: 3/10

Due to your way of writing, it is a bit difficult to feel any emotions portrayed by any of your characters. This will be elaborated more in the “Way of Writing” section.

Character Development: 3/10

So far none of the characters have developed in any significant way.

Way Of Writing: 2/10

Your writing style is very direct and basic, and it seems like you haven't had much writing experience. You tend to use very basic adjectives, and when you do use adjectives that are a bit more descriptive they are sometimes used in the wrong way. You also tend to use a lot of long run-on sentences. I know how it feels to want to cram as much information as you can in a sentence to be more descriptive because I used to do this all the time as a writer, but using run-on sentences can sometimes get really confusing and the meaning can get very muddled for the readers.

I also want to point out that a lot of your dialogue seems very forced and unnatural. In real life, we don't narrate everything we do or describe our actions or explain our intentions. Some of these things can equally be represented in the book itself by character actions.

Overall: 7/10

From what I've seen so far, this book is quite interesting and your issues lie in the way it is written. Keep it up!

Total: 61/100

If you have any questions, need clarifications, or elaborations about what I wrote here in this review, feel free to ping me (@TuesdaysLeftovers) in a comment and ask, I’ll try to answer as soon as possible. Thank you and have a nice day!

 Thank you and have a nice day!