- Staring at my reflection ‗ ❍

Reviewer : Aeryn ItsBangtanBeaches

Book : Staring at my reflection 

Author : Abhituli

Blurb (2/5) 

I discerned what type of impressions you were attempting to portray to entice the readers. A lot of authors write something similar and it's not captivating in the least. Plus there were some errors in the tense. 

Cover (2/5)

The picture is quite precise for the book and plot, but, the title is just not it. First, the font needs to be huger and shouldn't just stand out oddly. It looks strange and unappealing. Second, your username shouldn't be as big as the title. 

Title (4/5)

It suits, but only for the ending. I like long titles, with a range of 3-4 words max. Could've been smaller but okay.

First impression (3/5)

It would've been decent if it weren't for that tacky cover and font (I'm sorry,  but, you need to remake that if you want more readers) 

Reader's interaction (4/5)

I can see that you're just an author who started writing on this platform recently so it's, of course, difficult to obtain readers. Out of those eight people who voted on your book, very few commented. But that's okay, keep writing :)

Plot (13/15)

I mean it was kind of obvious what was going to occur just by the first few passages. But, that's horror for you lol.

Plot twists (10/10)

Not going to lie, the ending was surely unexpected. 

Grammar (8/10)

I couldn't locate any spelling mistakes, thankfully. But like I said, the tense is to be rectified. Do use a broader expanse of vocabulary, by the way. 

Emotions and feelings (7/10)

Everything felt a little rushed, there was too much happening. Being a little more descriptive could help. I liked the way you described things from the point of view of a mother though :)

Character development (10/10)

It's a one-shot, there's not much to go on. The book was fun though. 

Writing style (7/10)

You augment too many dialogues in one line. Split them apart, please. This just looks wordy. Every paragraph of yours was excessively lengthy, divide them by adding space once every 4-6 lines. It's overwhelming and troublesome to read like this. 

Overall (9/10)

I don't normally read horror books, so it was a fun experience <3 Minor things like long paragraphs put me off, but they can be amended easily. 

Total: (79/100)

__________________●○●○_______________

We hope you will take the reviews into consideration and will make your work best.

Please don't forget to follow your reviewer.

Thank you for visiting our shop !!